EXODUS Be The Last Whitewashed Blockbuster

Options

Comments

• Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    I don't give a ? about race selection in fictional stories.

I don't either, to an extent

You say that now, but if they made a film about Greek/Roman mythology (Zeus, Apollo, Aphrodite, etc...)

and cast only Black actors, all of a sudden, your opinion would change....

EXAMPLE:

Ummm I'm pretty sure Apollo didn't look like Samuel L. Jackson.

Yeah, that's ridiculous. These are Greek characters, not African.

Why would they cast a bunch of Blacks to play Greco/Roman characters?

You ? ? racists!!!!!!!!

don't let him fool you

They know it was hypothetical.......

.... But true.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »
    They had Idris Elba play a Nordic ? . Some nerds lost their ? over it tho.

False

Did you see the first Thor?

You said he played a Nordic ? .
    He played a alien from another planet worshipped as gods from the marvel universe. They were aliens not gods but I get your point.

Touché
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hannibal of Carthage and Memnon would be dope

I heard a while back they was suppose make a Hannibal flick and Ven diesel was suppose to play Hannibal.....how true it was idk

Fox films in 2003 had Denzel on deck to play Hannibal, but you know the game even though Hannibal was a black man. So Vin Diesel was said to be the one, get the mix brother to play Hannibal
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't either, to an extent

You say that now, but if they made a film about Greek/Roman mythology (Zeus, Apollo, Aphrodite, etc...)

and cast only Black actors, all of a sudden, your opinion would change....

EXAMPLE:

Ummm I'm pretty sure Apollo didn't look like Samuel L. Jackson.

Yeah, that's ridiculous. These are Greek characters, not African.

Why would they cast a bunch of Blacks to play Greco/Roman characters?

You ? ? racists!!!!!!!!

don't let him fool you

They know it was hypothetical.......

.... But true.

LOL nah

I'm not like that.. never have been..
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

I heard a while back they was suppose make a Hannibal flick and Ven diesel was suppose to play Hannibal.....how true it was idk

Fox films in 2003 had Denzel on deck to play Hannibal, but you know the game even though Hannibal was a black man. So Vin Diesel was said to be the one, get the mix brother to play Hannibal

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/vin-diesel-says-a-studio-is-interested-in-making-his-hannibal-trilogy-denzel-washington-still-in

38807_465931923312_89562268312_5972945_6700909_n.jpg
  • waterproof
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/vin-diesel-says-a-studio-is-interested-in-making-his-hannibal-trilogy-denzel-washington-still-in

38807_465931923312_89562268312_5972945_6700909_n.jpg

Yeah I can see Denzel playing Hannibal father, at least they keeping some truth in the movie

Hannibal was from the black stock of Shem, his ancestors came from Palestine
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    Also bout black people playing Romans, it wouldn't be that far off. I do think there was a black roman emperor and there was definitely a black or brown general in the time of Trajan, though I need to check one of my books to confirm.

THE BLACK EMPERORS OF ROME: ROMAN EMPEROR CARACALLA (KARA-KALLA)
    SEPTEMBER 25, 2010 DON JAIDE http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-black-emperors-of-rome-roman-emperor-caracalla-kara-kalla/

Ivory Bust of Emperor Caracalla: British Muesum

caracalla-british-muesum.jpg

Emperor Caracalla – By Oguejiofo Annu

It was Bob Marley who sang that “2000 years of history could not be wiped away so easily.”

Lucius Septimius Bassianus (April 4, 188 – April 8, 217), commonly known as Caracalla, was a Black Roman Emperor who ruled from 211 to 217.

Caracalla was the eldest son of Septimius Severus, the first black African-born Emperor of Rome. But before Septimius Severus, there had been other Roman-born black Emperors of Rome. This story of the other black emperors of Rome will be explored in another write-up, but for now we focus on Caracalla.

karakala-egypt.jpg

Unlike his father Septimius Severus, Caracalla was born and raised in Italy. After the death of his father, he ruled jointly with his younger brother Geta until the latter’s death in 211.

Caracalla’s reign was notable for the Constitutio Antoniniana, granting Roman citizenship to freemen throughout the Roman Empire. That act laid a foundation for a peaceful multi-ethnic, multi-cultural Empire that Rome was to become.

Emp-Caracallas-300x149.jpg

Caracalla was mean towards the military incursions of the Goths, the Parthians and the Tartars, and he took brutal and extreme steps to suppress those invaders from Turkemenistan that were sorely troubling the cohesion of the Roman state.

A modern-day British historian Edward Gibbon, a descendant of the Goths, referred to him as, “the common enemy of mankind” because of the massacres he authorized in various parts of the empire.

In AD 213, Caracalla went north to the German frontier and subdued the Alamanni tribesmen who were causing trouble in the Agri Decumates. Due to that feat the Senate conferred upon him the title of “Germanicus Maximus”.

In AD 216, Caracalla took on the Parthians, a related tribe of the Goths, (the Parthians are the ancestors of the modern day Farsi-Iranians) who were causing problems on the southernmost flank of the empire. He tricked the Parthians into believing that he accepted a marriage and peace proposal, but then launched a series of blistering attacks on the Parthians when their guards were down. The thereafter ongoing conflict and skirmishes became known as the Parthian war of Caracalla.

iCaracalla.jpg

The baths of Caracalla were the largest public baths ever built in ancient Rome. To put it in historical perspective, the central room of the baths was larger than St. Peter’s Basilica. It could easily accommodate over 2,000 Roman citizens. The bath house opened in 216, complete with libraries, private rooms and outdoor tracks. Caracalla ordered the building of those baths that are named in his honour.

Caracalla was assasinated by his body-guard while travelling from Edessa to continue the war against Parthian. He died on April 8, AD 217.

It is important that Africans should remember and celebrate Caracalla and his family line, i.e. the Severan Dynasty, because as black Africans, they were us and we are them.

By the dint of their heritage, they were part of our legacy, and their attainments represented part of our unfolding tale of greatness, of towering historical achievements, of courage, regency and inimitable genius.

The descendants of the Goths who conquered Rome, and now control historical narratives, would want you to believe that they were the real Romans. Through centuries of selective narration and faking of historical artefacts, they have largely succeeded in hiding the central role of the Africans in the defunct Roman empire.

They hide the facts that the Goths and the Parthians (the ancestors of the present day Germans, Russians, British, Spanish, Italians, and Iranians…the Aryans!!!) were the mortal enemies of the dark Ibero-Maurisian Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Libyans, and Numidians, Mauritanians, and Saharans, the original owners of western Europe. They promote a fake and false notion that Rome was a so-called white created civilization affiliated with their Gothic ancestry. But this is a lie!

kara-kemit.jpg

Black Roman Emperor Karakala

The memorials of Caracalla, Septimius Severus, Geta, Maximinus, and a long line of Black, Moorish, African Emperors of Rome reject this lie. We must revisit the Roman Empire and salvage the Black ancestors and Emperors that have been covered by the global western academic conspiracy.
    Again we chant, blessings on the memorial of the Severan Dynasty, they were the “naigre” Emperors of Rome, from Africa. We will be meeting more Black Roman Emperors in the next series.

A bio pic on Hannibal would be cool, (especially Hannibal coming over The Pyrenees and the Alps with forty elephants and his military victories) but ? have to remember, Hannibal never subdued Rome, he eventually lost to Scipio Africanus, and Carthage was eventually laid to waste.

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also bout black people playing Romans, it wouldn't be that far off. I do think there was a black roman emperor and there was definitely a black or brown general in the time of Trajan, though I need to check one of my books to confirm.

THE BLACK EMPERORS OF ROME: ROMAN EMPEROR CARACALLA (KARA-KALLA)
    SEPTEMBER 25, 2010 DON JAIDE http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-black-emperors-of-rome-roman-emperor-caracalla-kara-kalla/

Ivory Bust of Emperor Caracalla: British Muesum

caracalla-british-muesum.jpg

Emperor Caracalla – By Oguejiofo Annu

It was Bob Marley who sang that “2000 years of history could not be wiped away so easily.”

Lucius Septimius Bassianus (April 4, 188 – April 8, 217), commonly known as Caracalla, was a Black Roman Emperor who ruled from 211 to 217.

Caracalla was the eldest son of Septimius Severus, the first black African-born Emperor of Rome. But before Septimius Severus, there had been other Roman-born black Emperors of Rome. This story of the other black emperors of Rome will be explored in another write-up, but for now we focus on Caracalla.

karakala-egypt.jpg

Unlike his father Septimius Severus, Caracalla was born and raised in Italy. After the death of his father, he ruled jointly with his younger brother Geta until the latter’s death in 211.

Caracalla’s reign was notable for the Constitutio Antoniniana, granting Roman citizenship to freemen throughout the Roman Empire. That act laid a foundation for a peaceful multi-ethnic, multi-cultural Empire that Rome was to become.

Emp-Caracallas-300x149.jpg

Caracalla was mean towards the military incursions of the Goths, the Parthians and the Tartars, and he took brutal and extreme steps to suppress those invaders from Turkemenistan that were sorely troubling the cohesion of the Roman state.

A modern-day British historian Edward Gibbon, a descendant of the Goths, referred to him as, “the common enemy of mankind” because of the massacres he authorized in various parts of the empire.

In AD 213, Caracalla went north to the German frontier and subdued the Alamanni tribesmen who were causing trouble in the Agri Decumates. Due to that feat the Senate conferred upon him the title of “Germanicus Maximus”.

In AD 216, Caracalla took on the Parthians, a related tribe of the Goths, (the Parthians are the ancestors of the modern day Farsi-Iranians) who were causing problems on the southernmost flank of the empire. He tricked the Parthians into believing that he accepted a marriage and peace proposal, but then launched a series of blistering attacks on the Parthians when their guards were down. The thereafter ongoing conflict and skirmishes became known as the Parthian war of Caracalla.

iCaracalla.jpg

The baths of Caracalla were the largest public baths ever built in ancient Rome. To put it in historical perspective, the central room of the baths was larger than St. Peter’s Basilica. It could easily accommodate over 2,000 Roman citizens. The bath house opened in 216, complete with libraries, private rooms and outdoor tracks. Caracalla ordered the building of those baths that are named in his honour.

Caracalla was assasinated by his body-guard while travelling from Edessa to continue the war against Parthian. He died on April 8, AD 217.

It is important that Africans should remember and celebrate Caracalla and his family line, i.e. the Severan Dynasty, because as black Africans, they were us and we are them.

By the dint of their heritage, they were part of our legacy, and their attainments represented part of our unfolding tale of greatness, of towering historical achievements, of courage, regency and inimitable genius.

The descendants of the Goths who conquered Rome, and now control historical narratives, would want you to believe that they were the real Romans. Through centuries of selective narration and faking of historical artefacts, they have largely succeeded in hiding the central role of the Africans in the defunct Roman empire.

They hide the facts that the Goths and the Parthians (the ancestors of the present day Germans, Russians, British, Spanish, Italians, and Iranians…the Aryans!!!) were the mortal enemies of the dark Ibero-Maurisian Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Libyans, and Numidians, Mauritanians, and Saharans, the original owners of western Europe. They promote a fake and false notion that Rome was a so-called white created civilization affiliated with their Gothic ancestry. But this is a lie!

kara-kemit.jpg

Black Roman Emperor Karakala

The memorials of Caracalla, Septimius Severus, Geta, Maximinus, and a long line of Black, Moorish, African Emperors of Rome reject this lie. We must revisit the Roman Empire and salvage the Black ancestors and Emperors that have been covered by the global western academic conspiracy.
    Again we chant, blessings on the memorial of the Severan Dynasty, they were the “naigre” Emperors of Rome, from Africa. We will be meeting more Black Roman Emperors in the next series.

A bio pic on Hannibal would be cool, (especially Hannibal coming over The Pyrenees and the Alps with forty elephants and his military victories) but ? have to remember, Hannibal never subdued Rome, he eventually lost to Scipio Africanus, and Carthage was eventually laid to waste.

Thank you for the info drop confirming what I said, but you coulda picked an emperor that didn't massacre a ? load of people lol. Maximus (who was a moorish general or I am getting him mixed up with someone else. Can't confirm it because I don't want to go through this whole book I have) that was a bad ass. Granted I don't agree with all of it, but it is cool to read.

Hannibal is famous for what he did during the Second Punic War, but they never talk about how he helped bring Carthage back from the brink after the punic war and how he went to serve with the Seleucid Empire. His career didn't end at Zama. They could make a trilogy on him his story was so good.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seriously... Hollywood should make a movie about the Roman Empire and cast ALL Chinese actors.

Let's see if anybody says anything.

Or maybe a movie about George Washington and cast an Ethiopian in the lead role.

Those crackers at Fox News would lose their minds.

lol remember the fit they had when somebody said Santa was black...
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't watch movies for historical accuracy anymore. Do I think it's right to have an all white cast for a film based in bronze age Egypt, ? no. The only accurate film(in terms of skin color) I have seen bout that time was the Prince of Egypt. That said I won't let skin color ruin a possible cool movie. I like these types of movies regardless, one because its funny picking out the inaccuracies and two because I like the time period.

I KNOW bruh i had to write a paper about the history of the Titanic and I forgot it, but I remembered everything in the movie. So I wrote about this old ass white ? letting Jack freeze and she STILL had the ice piece after he died, she had that ? for years just flexing on ? like "yeah i survived the titanic plus I got this rare diamond jawn ? out the way". Now when she bought to pass to the afterlife, she wanna get sentimental and ? , reflecting on that ? BUT NO ONE FEELS FOR YOU ROSE. You are selfish, and you should've kept the sonic-esque emerald you had, NOT DROP IT IN THE OCEAN YO JACK IS GONE LET IT GO
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bkkbully wrote: »
    I don't watch movies for historical accuracy anymore. Do I think it's right to have an all white cast for a film based in bronze age Egypt, ? no. The only accurate film(in terms of skin color) I have seen bout that time was the Prince of Egypt. That said I won't let skin color ruin a possible cool movie. I like these types of movies regardless, one because its funny picking out the inaccuracies and two because I like the time period.

I KNOW bruh i had to write a paper about the history of the Titanic and I forgot it, but I remembered everything in the movie. So I wrote about this old ass white ? letting Jack freeze and she STILL had the ice piece after he died, she had that ? for years just flexing on ? like "yeah i survived the titanic plus I got this rare diamond jawn ? out the way". Now when she bought to pass to the afterlife, she wanna get sentimental and ? , reflecting on that ? BUT NO ONE FEELS FOR YOU ROSE. You are selfish, and you should've kept the sonic-esque emerald you had, NOT DROP IT IN THE OCEAN YO JACK IS GONE LET IT GO

You are ? she let Leonardo freeze gotdam. Dude is gonna find her and push her old ass of the curb.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why should their be a black captain America, never good enough until they accept you? Blaze your own path, find your own hero
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why not have a movie called the last pharaoh FT Will Smith about Nubians (word to Loul Deng, there are lots of pyramids in Sudan) ruling Egypt

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/02/black-pharaohs/robert-draper-text.html

When they found what was said or could be to be Nefertiti bones and her face she looked like Iman not Tilda Swinton
  • waterproof
    Options
    Seriously... Hollywood should make a movie about the Roman Empire and cast ALL Chinese actors.

Let's see if anybody says anything.

Or maybe a movie about George Washington and cast an Ethiopian in the lead role.

Those crackers at Fox News would lose their minds.

lol remember the fit they had when somebody said Santa was black...

Hmmmm, the first Santa is black
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reminded me of this thread

Z_V0XGrc_original.jpg
  • Copper
    Options
    Why should their be a black captain America, never good enough until they accept you? Blaze your own path, find your own hero

Exactly create original black heroes

To hell with black versions of white hrroes
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Suprised there's no pics. Behold your Egyptian queen:
    PHejJQKbWj71hk_1_m.jpg
  • Copper
    Options
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no problem with whites creating movies with white characters to depict religious figures to look like them......

Its what u are suppose to do....u make your gods look like u.....the problem is blacks arent getting funding to make movies like these.

• Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    exodus-racist.jpg

well damn.....? ridley scott

why am I even still suprised though lol smh
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You mean to tell me, they're getting Patrick Bateman/Batman to play Moses?

Seems legit.
  • Copper
    Options
    and thats not all people...the new gods of egypt set for 2016

Australian director Alex Proyas’ blockbuster Gods of Egypt started shooting in Sydney last Wednesday. The $150 million epic centres on the showdown between the evil ? Set (Gerard Butler) and Horus (Danish Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster-Waldeu). It also stars “our own” Geoffrey Rush as the sun ? Ra and Brenton Thwaites as a “common thief” who joins the mythical figures on their magical quest.

In other words, it’s a film set in Egypt with Egyptian characters, but (with the exceptions of Chadwick Boseman and Elodie Yung in minor roles) a white cast.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matter of fact, where are those ? that was defending Kanye rockin a confederate flag at to explain this? Same difference to me.