Keith Olbermann Destroys Tony Dungy Over Michael Sam Comments

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
r-KEITH-OLBERMANN-large570.jpg

Tony Dungy is one of the greatest and most well liked coaches in NFL history, but not even he is able to avoid inserting his foot directly into his mouth this making him look like an idiot.

Dungy has been making headlines recently thanks to his incredibly thinly thought out comments about St. Louis Rams player Michael Sam, who not only plays football but is also ? . Dungy, who came out in support of Sam before the draft has burped and spit up all over that support by saying Sam wouldn’t have been drafted by a Dungy coached team because of the distraction he would present.

I wonder what that distraction might be.

Check out the video below in which Keith Olbermann, in only a way Olbermann can, incinerates Dungy for his moronic comments about Michael Sam and the ‘distraction’ he presents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vK42Tu7MLE&feature=player_embedded

Comments

• Micmacmar3of3m
    Micmacmar3of3m Members Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is ? supposed to b accepted?? Can a man have his own set of morals and values in which he stands on..or he jus need to conform?? Thats bs let that man state his opinion... THEY ASKD HIM FOR IT
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have yet to hear any of the most vocal ? rights activists, give a legitimate reason why they want 100% unanimity when it comes to support for their cause?

Opinions vary across the board for a variety of issues, but this is one issue that they seem to want only one view for, and it has to be accepting.

As far as Michael Sam goes, as long as he plays a part the "mainstream outlets" approve of, they will continue to reward him.

If he becomes vocal and takes a public stance on issues they don't find worthwhile (i.e anything that affects Black Americans disproportionately) they will treat him the same way they treat other "outspoken" Black athletes.

• bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing is that Dungy was more talking about Sam and the TV show not him being ? . He said that it would be a distraction to not only for Sam but for the team.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Destroy" is strong imo.

I watched it last nite. I was like meh
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he didn't destroy ? and looked like a ? even wasting time on another man's opinion
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    I have yet to hear any of the most vocal ? rights activists, give a legitimate reason why they want 100% unanimity when it comes to support for their cause?

Opinions vary across the board for a variety of issues, but this is one issue that they seem to want only one view for, and it has to be accepting.

As far as Michael Sam goes, as long as he plays a part the "mainstream outlets" approve of, they will continue to reward him.

If he becomes vocal and takes a public stance on issues they don't find worthwhile (i.e anything that affects Black Americans disproportionately) they will treat him the same way they treat other "outspoken" Black athletes.

i forgot where I read or heard it but somebody said they are basically using Michael Sam as a ? ... even most ? don't care about him its just the fact that he can further their agenda... the moment he is cut/out the league he will fall out the spotlight.. (look at dude that came out in the nba) its a shame too because look at all the ? that come out every year... by the next they are " old news" and it on to the next " brave soul" that comes out... ? in the media are evil as hell and basically "eat their own"... I can name so many celebs that have came out ( lance bass,frank ocean, the red head chick from "sex and the city" ect) when they came out they basically got their week in the spotlight and that's it..
  • Matt-
    Options
    its funny that people are questioning the credibility and the abilities of a coach who won nearly 70% of his games and won a super bowl just because he doesn't want a mediocre player on his roster who has potential to be a distraction. the way the media is responding to this is horrible and i'm afraid that its created an era of homomania
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't even know why espn gave Olbermann his show ? wack every damn baseball highlight a homerun is hit and he say " bye Felicia" annoyin
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last year when the Trayvon verdict went down I posted a "power ranking" of what demographics had the most rights and fair treatment (and caped for) in America.

I think it's time to put ? ahead of Black folks on that list.

A brother was choked to death by the police in NYC last week for trying to sell DVD's without a license. And most outlets ain't even speaking on it.

But Dungy gets "incinerated" for saying he wouldn't draft an obvious distraction to his locker room.

I usually ? with K.O., but he need to fall back on this.

Publish that power list punk
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Tony doesn't apologize.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    I stopped the video when he brought up Vick and used the term " unforgivable crime". Smh, can't be serious. Olbermann tryna talk that ? before they cancel that wack ass show. Fake ass Jon Stewart.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I stopped the video when he brought up Vick and used the term " unforgivable crime". Smh, can't be serious. Olbermann tryna talk that ? before they cancel that wack ass show. Fake ass Jon Stewart.

White people ain't ever going to let that ? with Vick go. My coworker that's a fan of the Jets still doesn't like them signing him because of that.

LIke, DAMN, the man's more than paid his debt to society -- let him live.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last year when the Trayvon verdict went down I posted a "power ranking" of what demographics had the most rights and fair treatment (and caped for) in America.

I think it's time to put ? ahead of Black folks on that list.

A brother was choked to death by the police in NYC last week for trying to sell DVD's without a license. And most outlets ain't even speaking on it.

But Dungy gets "incinerated" for saying he wouldn't draft an obvious distraction to his locker room.

I usually ? with K.O., but he need to fall back on this.

Publish that power list punk

You don't wanna see it.

Broke my heart when I wrote it.
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I read Dungy's statement earlier regarding the matter, which he listed each reason why people were on his back was wrong, including about his draft in philosophy and how Sam would not be drafted based on them, not if he being ? would be an issue, but that drafting is based on merit and skill.

I have never seen such defense for a 7th round pick like this, especially one who most likely won't make the team. And the more and more the media, no ? , pushes him down our throats, the more and more I start to hate the guy. Seriously, dude is loving the attention his sexual preference affords him and is not doing anything to stop it.

The argument you hear is how people don't choose to be ? , however are born that way. So since one was born ? , like others were born black or white or straight, then why should it be a spectacle? Why shouldn't be a non factor? RG3 told people last year he doesn't want to be a great black quarterback, he wants to be a great quarterback. He seems to want to be a great ? man, not a great linebacker.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this proved yet again why colin cowherd is that whiteboy (Again ? stop watching first and drama queen and watch the herd). He defended Dungy and took the unpopular opinion. He also defended the idea that dungy was an advocate of vick. Check out the podast if you don't watch it.

Look real talk i could care less if ? is ? . And honestly i think ? need to stop worrying about why ? are ? and being paranoid in the shower cause honestly that's suspect as ? . But at the same time the media bias and blockade for ? people is over the top.

And espn was throwing jabs because everytime they discussed him (outside cowherd) thew indirectly brought up the fact dungy was the first black super bowl winning coach. And they are trying to make it out like sam is on the talent level of jackie robinson which is far from that.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funny thing is Sam is jus as much a distraction as manziel
  • Matt-
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

Dozens of players are distractions, but if you are good enough or projected to be good enough, teams can look past the distractions.

But nobody wants some marginal special teamer to be a distraction.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    ericb4prez wrote: »

Dozens of players are distractions, but if you are good enough or projected to be good enough, teams can look past the distractions.

But nobody wants some marginal special teamer to be a distraction.

"But but but he was SEC Co-defensive Player of the Year"
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    Now they tryna bash David Tyree for his comments now that he is working for the Giants.
  • count  remy
    count remy Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well... he was right. I wouldn't have drafted dude because of this very ? right here. As far as I'd be concerned, that ? don't exist.... Do ask me ? about that muthafucka cuz I don't know nothing about him.