Keith Olbermann Destroys Tony Dungy Over Michael Sam Comments

2»

Comments

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Tony's right. When was the last time a 7th round pick had this much attention? This dude has press conferences like he's a legit talent. Why would any coach want a 7th round pick to bring media attention? When Jeff Fisher was on Mike and Mike this morning, the first thing they asked was about Sam..not the two guys picked in the first round..They asked whether a 7th round pick is a distraction..what exactly do they expect Fish to say? How do you even form that question in your mind? Is a 7th round pick, nearly last pick in the 7th round a distraction???? the ? is going on here
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony dungy a real ?
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Here's my thing - why did the dude make an "announcement" out of the ? ?

It ain't like he was keeping his lifestyle private and somebody just sold TMZ some pictures of him skippin thru the park holding hands with a nikka or some ? .

Nah, he did an interview specifically to reveal this ? knowing it would come out before the draft and become some big story and lead to publicity and financial opportunities for him (like Oprah offered to give him a "reality" show for the ? and it is rumored that this was all pre-conceived.)

This ain't a Manti Teo type situation where the news just "broke out" and caught Manti slipping - nah, he planned all this ? out and created this hoopla intentionally. That alone would turn me off as a GM or coach.

If he was a kid that I was going to draft and somebody just pulled me to the side and was like "Aye, dat nikka ? as ? , cuh" --- I would probably still draft him.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parallel wrote: »
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Funny thing is Sam is jus as much a distraction as manziel

Completely different distractions. Manziel is a distraction representing an individual. Sam is a distraction representing an entire group of people. They are both distractions but to compare the two is wrong imo.

I think a Manziel type distraction is more dangerous to a team than what Sam presents.

That's what I find funny they are both big distractions but only 1 has a legit case for being a distraction and its not the ? dude
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

It ain't like he was keeping his lifestyle private and somebody just sold TMZ some pictures of him skippin thru the park holding hands with a nikka or some ? .

Nah, he did an interview specifically to reveal this ? knowing it would come out before the draft and become some big story and lead to publicity and financial opportunities for him (like Oprah offered to give him a "reality" show for the ? and it is rumored that this was all pre-conceived.)

This ain't a Manti Teo type situation where the news just "broke out" and caught Manti slipping - nah, he planned all this ? out and created this hoopla intentionally. That alone would turn me off as a GM or coach.

If he was a kid that I was going to draft and somebody just pulled me to the side and was like "Aye, dat nikka ? as ? , cuh" --- I would probably still draft him.

Ain't like he got Kerry Rhodes'd.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Well Dungy is a bible thumper, what did they expect him to say. But i respect the fact that he kept real with his beliefs. Even if his beliefs his are a buncha made up fairy tales n myths.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014

well the thing was there really wasnt wrong with the announcement because there were rumours around scouting that he was ? . The issue was the media overblew the admission.

While sam might have been better to wait he helped allot of teams by admitting now versus if he got drafted by a new england and all of a sudden belicheck is ? because he came out post draft and media on them 24/7. It was more the media that overblew the story its not like sam had a 30 min show to announce. Im glad he came out cause if my team drafted him then we had all this media post coming out it would ? up our team. If this ? was actually gunna be a goat player i could care less but a middle of the road near cut not worth the media.

now sam and his greedy ass camp ? up by throwing out offers to oprah and ? that was too far and too greedy. At the same time even after the dungy comments sam isn't really ? or crying he just say it is what it is which i respect. the biggest issue is the media point blank not even sam who really doesn't care. the media is od covering the story and they are the ones asking so many questions even sam told them thats enough the other day.

• bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Um 31 teams passed on him for seven rounds for a reason.....
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....and yet none of ya'll ? hate lesbians
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swiffness! wrote: »

How could I hate this....
    chicksandkicks-458x640.png
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swiffness! wrote: »

I have nothing against ? or lesbians... but the media makes can make you feel some type of way when they try and force a cause down your throat that isn't really that major... and call you a homophobe just cuz you judging a person by their talent instead of they sexuality...