Religious folks!!!! I have a serious question(no trolling) that has never been properly answered

Options
PILL_COSBY
PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in The Social Lounge
My parents are from da souwf and were raised in areas where christianity reigns supreme. So naturally they took me to church with them when I was little. I was born and raised in the bay area which has a mixture of many religions. My best friend that I been knowing since the 1st grade was born into a muslim family. I have family that are muslim, jehovah's witnesses, prodastint(however you spell it), and a few catholic friends. I also chilled with buddhist and jews. I done heard all kinds of religious beliefs, rules, stories, witnessed how they lived their lives etc etc. Me and my best friend eventually moved away from all of that and our parents let us.

One thing that all of these religious folks actually do agree on. Is that if you don't follow a religion you will not be able to chill in the realm of ? after you die. So whenever me and my potna are asked about our religion and we say we don't follow one. The response is the same from all of them, "do you believe in ? ? You're not going to heaven"(or any other way they like to put it lol).

All religions say you need to follow their way of worshiping in order to chill in gods realm after death. I don't want my soul to be damned so my question is this.

Which religion should I join to save my soul then? since If I don't join one I'm damned and if I do join one the other ones are saying my soul is damned. So it's damned if I do and damned if I don't. Which religion is the right path to ? ? How can I avoid my souls horrible fate? I'm a really good person!

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's based on belief. Nobody knows for sure what death is going to be like. I have faith in ? but that doesn't mean I'm right. Fir all I know death is the end of it and theirs nothing their afterwards.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My parents are from da souwf and were raised in areas where christianity reigns supreme. So naturally they took me to church with them when I was little. I was born and raised in the bay area which has a mixture of many religions. My best friend that I been knowing since the 1st grade was born into a muslim family. I have family that are muslim, jehovah's witnesses, prodastint(however you spell it), and a few catholic friends. I also chilled with buddhist and jews. I done heard all kinds of religious beliefs, rules, stories, witnessed how they lived their lives etc etc. Me and my best friend eventually moved away from all of that and our parents let us.

One thing that all of these religious folks actually do agree on. Is that if you don't follow a religion you will not be able to chill in the real of ? after you die. So whenever me and my potna are asked about our religion and we say we don't follow one. The response is the same from all of them, "do you believe in ? ? You're not going to heaven"(or any other way they like to put it lol).

All religions say you need to follow their way of worshiping in order to chill in gods realm after death. I don't want my soul to be damned so my question is this.

Which religion should I join to save my soul then? since If I don't join one I'm damned and if I do join one the other ones are saying my soul is damned. So it's damned if I do and damned if I don't. Which religion is the right path to ? ? How can I avoid my souls horrible fate? I'm a really good person!

You have to do what your heart says informed by what your spirit leads you too, because even if you follow a religion you could still end up in hell. For me christ is the truth and in his teaching you can escape this world and to a certain extant while in it you can be in heaven.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited July 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

One thing that all of these religious folks actually do agree on. Is that if you don't follow a religion you will not be able to chill in the real of ? after you die. So whenever me and my potna are asked about our religion and we say we don't follow one. The response is the same from all of them, "do you believe in ? ? You're not going to heaven"(or any other way they like to put it lol).

You have to do what your heart says informed by what your spirit leads you too, because even if you follow a religion you could still end up in hell. For me christ is the truth and in his teaching you can escape this world and to a certain extant while in it you can be in heaven.
    I keep getting this same "follow your heart" response whenever I ask this question. But then I constantly see other religions downplaying the others. Even to go as far to say the others are false. The problem is wherever I "follow my heart" the result will be the same according to the situation. What one "thinks" is not my question. My question is which one "will" save my soul.

In one breath religious folks are telling me that it's basically many paths to gods realm. Then in the next breath they are telling me that those other paths are false and theirs is the right path. For example, you said that the muslim path was false. But now you are telling me "if I follow my heart" to lets say ISLAM(the false path), then I will get there.

Do you see where the confusion that lies in this logic? Is there actually a true path or only what one "thinks in their heart" is the true path?

• zombie
    Options

I keep getting this same "follow your heart" response whenever I ask this question. But then I constantly see other religions downplaying the others. Even to go as far to say the others are false. The problem is wherever I "follow my heart" the result will be the same according to the situation. What one "thinks" is not my question. My question is which one "will" save my soul.

In one breath religious folks are telling me that it's basically may paths to gods realm. Then in the next breath they are telling me that those other paths are false and theirs is the right path. For example, you said that the muslim path was false. But now you are telling me "if I follow my heart" to lets say ISLAM(the false path), then I will get there.

Do you see where the confusion lies in this logic? Is there actually a true path or only what one "thinks in their heart" is the true path?

No one on earth can give you an objective answer to your question only subjective answers will be given. To me christ is the way and all others are false, but if you don't follow your heart you won't be able to find a path to him in the first place. No one can just tell you what the right way is you have to find it on your own because even if i teach you about christ unless you find him on your own you will never be in him and still end up not in his kingdom and that's why i don't ? with doyouwant2go2heaven.

Your heart can lead you wrong but you still should follow it. because if you seek ? earnestly he will put you on the right path removing you from the wrong but going to the wrong was just part of your journey.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WELL.. AS A CHRISTIAN, I GOING TO TELL YOU TO GO THAT ROUTE.. BUT.. WITH EVERYTHING, YOU NEED TO TRY ? OUT FOR YOURSELF.. AS FOR UNDERSTANDING AND READ THE BIBLE AND THEN YOU WILL GET IT

THE THING IS, ? IS NOT A RELIGION.. HE IS A FAITH, A BELIEF... RELIGION WILL HAVE YOU HATING ANY AND EVERYTHING SPIRITUAL..
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    magic-johnson-eating-popcorn.gif

If anyone answers "My ? is the right ? !" then it's extremely arrogant and aggressive against other cults.

If anyone answers "Whichever way you think is right" then they're either not showing compassion for their fellow man's soul or admitting that their ? has the same potential to be wrong as everyone else's.

I don't particularly see anything wrong with the statement "My ? is the right ? " if the statement is true. The only problem would be if that person is being arrogant or aggressive in saying so.

...and would it be fair to say there is arrogance in part of those who say that the religious are wrong in saying they have the right deity? It's essentially saying they know that ? doesn't exist and that others should agree.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited July 2014
    Options

In one breath religious folks are telling me that it's basically may paths to gods realm. Then in the next breath they are telling me that those other paths are false and theirs is the right path. For example, you said that the muslim path was false. But now you are telling me "if I follow my heart" to lets say ISLAM(the false path), then I will get there.

Do you see where the confusion lies in this logic? Is there actually a true path or only what one "thinks in their heart" is the true path?

No one on earth can give you an objective answer to your question only subjective answers will be given. To me christ is the way and all others are false, but if you don't follow your heart you won't be able to find a path to him in the first place. No one can just tell you what the right way is you have to find it on your own because even if i teach you about christ unless you find him on your own you will never be in him and still end up not in his kingdom and that's why i don't ? with doyouwant2go2heaven.

Your heart can lead you wrong but you still should follow it. because if you seek ? earnestly he will put you on the right path removing you from the wrong but going to the wrong was just part of your journey.
    So why are people always telling me what's gonna happen to my soul then if they truly don't know?

Why are people always telling me that the other religions are false or evil(you're one of them)?

So now you're telling me that if I find ? " earnestly" going down a false/evil path(islam). Then all of a sudden it wont be a false path? But if that's the case then this would make your religion the false path then, right?

So basically what I'm hearing is that a person can make his/her path to gods realm whichever way they "earnestly" seek it. So this means that I don't have to join a religion or follow it's teachings to achieve my goal then. So my soul is in the clear!!!!

@DoUwant2go2Heaven?
    How do you feel about your fellow christian criticizing "your earnest christian path" to the realm of ? ?
    You should definitely be a prodistant
    Why do you feel that this is the right path for my soul to take over the others?

ATL_DRO wrote: »
    WELL.. AS A CHRISTIAN, I GOING TO TELL YOU TO GO THAT ROUTE.. BUT.. WITH EVERYTHING, YOU NEED TO TRY ? OUT FOR YOURSELF.. AS FOR UNDERSTANDING AND READ THE BIBLE AND THEN YOU WILL GET IT

THE THING IS, ? IS NOT A RELIGION.. HE IS A FAITH, A BELIEF... RELIGION WILL HAVE YOU HATING ANY AND EVERYTHING SPIRITUAL..
    You contradicted yourself.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options

One thing that all of these religious folks actually do agree on. Is that if you don't follow a religion you will not be able to chill in the realm of ? after you die. So whenever me and my potna are asked about our religion and we say we don't follow one. The response is the same from all of them, "do you believe in ? ? You're not going to heaven"(or any other way they like to put it lol).

According to Christianity, you can't save yourself. Other religions suggest that you can save yourself.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »

According to Christianity, you can't save yourself. Other religions suggest that you can save yourself.
    This is my point. So who's right and who's wrong here. This is my soul we're talking about here, this is not something to play with. I need a solid answer to make sure my soul will not be damned.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Buddhism.
    I was told by many christians that worshiping idols was bad.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »

This is my point. So who's right and who's wrong here. This is my soul we're talking about here, this is not something to play with. I need a solid answer to make sure my soul will not be damned.

There isn't an answer. All of this is based on faith. It's why I'm now Agnostic. I believe there maybe a higher power out there, but trying to "label" it is impossible, and there's not now nor ever will be any tangible proof of one true "? " or "Gods".

It's all a crapshoot.
  • VIBE
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Buddhism.
    I was told by many christians that worshiping idols was bad.

? them.
  • VIBE
    Options
    and you don't worship idols
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My heart told me that ? aint for me.

• zombie
    edited July 2014
    Options

So why are people always telling me what's gonna happen to my soul then if they truly don't know?

Why are people always telling me that the other religions are false or evil(you're one of them)?

So now you're telling me that if I find ? " earnestly" going down a false/evil path(islam). Then all of a sudden it wont be a false path? But if that's the case then this would make your religion the false path then, right?

So basically what I'm hearing is that a person can make his/her path to gods realm whichever way they "earnestly" seek it. So this means that I don't have to join a religion or follow it's teachings to achieve my goal then. So my soul is in the clear!!!!

@DoUwant2go2Heaven?
    How do you feel about your fellow christian criticizing "your earnest christian path" to the realm of ? ?
    You should definitely be a prodistant
    Why do you feel that this is the right path for my soul to take over the others?

ATL_DRO wrote: »

You contradicted yourself.

I would tell you that the other religions are false because that is the conculsion i have come to from my own study and experience, The only religion i would call is evil is islam evil is a strong word. @The bolded is not what i said. i said that if you earnestly seek ? you will find him even if you are on the wrong path because he will remove you from it. SO if you are looking for ? and think you have found him in islam then from my perspective my ? , the real ? will eventually come to you and reveal himself somehow, basically propositioning you to leave islam and find the true path.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can tell from your question and the way that you asked it that the question has been answered for you many times before, you just keep asking because the other answers were not what you wanted to hear.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options

I'm in the same boat as you. I want to atleast choose a religion, but I don't know which one. Also, I do believe in an afterlife.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    I really don't understand why it is so hard for atheists to understand the concept of faith...

3: "Doesn't it take just as much/even more faith to be an atheist as it does to be a believer?"

The answer: No.

The somewhat longer answer: This question assumes that "atheism" means "100% certainty that ? does not exist, with no willingness to question and no room for doubt." For the overwhelming majority of people who call ourselves atheists, this is not what "atheism" means. For most atheists, "atheism" means something along the lines of "being reasonably certain that there are no gods," or, "having reached the provisional conclusion, based on the evidence we've seen and the arguments we've considered, that there are no gods." No, we can't be 100% certain that there are no gods. We can't be 100% certain that there are no unicorns, either. But we're certain enough. Not believing in unicorns doesn't take "faith." And neither does not believing in ? .

Why you shouldn't ask it: The assumption behind this question is that atheists haven't actually bothered to think about our atheism. And this assumption is both ignorant and insulting. Most atheists have considered the question of ? 's existence or non-existence very carefully. Most of us were brought up religious, and letting go of that religion took a great deal of searching of our hearts and our minds. Even those of us brought up as non-believers were (mostly) brought up in a society that's steeped in religion. It takes a fair amount of questioning and thought to reject an idea that almost everyone else around you believes.

And when you ask this question, you're also revealing the narrowness of your own mind. You're showing that you can't conceive of the possibility that someone might come to a conclusion about religion based on evidence, reason, and which ideas seem most likely to be true, instead of on "faith."
    http://www.alternet.org/belief/9-questions-atheists-might-find-insulting-and-answers?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I want to atleast choose a religion, but I don't know which one. Also, I do believe in an afterlife.
    You should join the Tabernacle of Churchin and Twerkin. Learn to appreciate this
    Twerk-GIFS.gif
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    You should join the Tabernacle of Churchin and Twerkin. Learn to appreciate this
    Twerk-GIFS.gif

Good one
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In all honesty this is the last place to ask this. For one,you dont know who u could b speakin to to be heeding advice

Second, and most important, steel sharpens steel, and this place is...its a tad bit cynical. Confidently, too. Its like a fat person asking how to lose weight in a room of not just other fat people, but the big is beautiful, happy to be fat people. You should speak to people of faith about matters of faith.