Religious folks!!!! I have a serious question(no trolling) that has never been properly answered

Comments

• God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one even answered your question. That is amusing.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    You should definitely be a prodistant
    VIBE wrote: »
    Buddhism.

zombie wrote: »
    My parents are from da souwf and were raised in areas where christianity reigns supreme. So naturally they took me to church with them when I was little. I was born and raised in the bay area which has a mixture of many religions. My best friend that I been knowing since the 1st grade was born into a muslim family. I have family that are muslim, jehovah's witnesses, prodastint(however you spell it), and a few catholic friends. I also chilled with buddhist and jews. I done heard all kinds of religious beliefs, rules, stories, witnessed how they lived their lives etc etc. Me and my best friend eventually moved away from all of that and our parents let us.

One thing that all of these religious folks actually do agree on. Is that if you don't follow a religion you will not be able to chill in the real of ? after you die. So whenever me and my potna are asked about our religion and we say we don't follow one. The response is the same from all of them, "do you believe in ? ? You're not going to heaven"(or any other way they like to put it lol).

All religions say you need to follow their way of worshiping in order to chill in gods realm after death. I don't want my soul to be damned so my question is this.

Which religion should I join to save my soul then? since If I don't join one I'm damned and if I do join one the other ones are saying my soul is damned. So it's damned if I do and damned if I don't. Which religion is the right path to ? ? How can I avoid my souls horrible fate? I'm a really good person!

You have to do what your heart says informed by what your spirit leads you too, because even if you follow a religion you could still end up in hell. For me christ is the truth and in his teaching you can escape this world and to a certain extant while in it you can be in heaven.
    I keep getting this same "follow your heart" response whenever I ask this question. But then I constantly see other religions downplaying the others. Even to go as far to say the others are false. The problem is wherever I "follow my heart" the result will be the same according to the situation. What one "thinks" is not my question. My question is which one "will" save my soul.

In one breath religious folks are telling me that it's basically may paths to gods realm. Then in the next breath they are telling me that those other paths are false and theirs is the right path. For example, you said that the muslim path was false. But now you are telling me "if I follow my heart" to lets say ISLAM(the false path), then I will get there.

Do you see where the confusion lies in this logic? Is there actually a true path or only what one "thinks in their heart" is the true path?

No one on earth can give you an objective answer to your question only subjective answers will be given. To me christ is the way and all others are false, but if you don't follow your heart you won't be able to find a path to him in the first place. No one can just tell you what the right way is you have to find it on your own because even if i teach you about christ unless you find him on your own you will never be in him and still end up not in his kingdom and that's why i don't ? with doyouwant2go2heaven.

Your heart can lead you wrong but you still should follow it. because if you seek ? earnestly he will put you on the right path removing you from the wrong but going to the wrong was just part of your journey.
    So why are people always telling me what's gonna happen to my soul then if they truly don't know?

Why are people always telling me that the other religions are false or evil(you're one of them)?

So now you're telling me that if I find ? " earnestly" going down a false/evil path(islam). Then all of a sudden it wont be a false path? But if that's the case then this would make your religion the false path then, right?

So basically what I'm hearing is that a person can make his/her path to gods realm whichever way they "earnestly" seek it. So this means that I don't have to join a religion or follow it's teachings to achieve my goal then. So my soul is in the clear!!!!

@DoUwant2go2Heaven?
    How do you feel about your fellow christian criticizing "your earnest christian path" to the realm of ? ?
    Why do you feel that this is the right path for my soul to take over the others?

ATL_DRO wrote: »
    WELL.. AS A CHRISTIAN, I GOING TO TELL YOU TO GO THAT ROUTE.. BUT.. WITH EVERYTHING, YOU NEED TO TRY ? OUT FOR YOURSELF.. AS FOR UNDERSTANDING AND READ THE BIBLE AND THEN YOU WILL GET IT

THE THING IS, ? IS NOT A RELIGION.. HE IS A FAITH, A BELIEF... RELIGION WILL HAVE YOU HATING ANY AND EVERYTHING SPIRITUAL..
    You contradicted yourself.

I would tell you that the other religions are false because that is the conculsion i have come to from my own study and experience, The only religion i would call is evil is islam evil is a strong word. @The bolded is not what i said. i said that if you earnestly seek ? you will find him even if you are on the wrong path because he will remove you from it. SO if you are looking for ? and think you have found him in islam then from my perspective my ? , the real ? will eventually come to you and reveal himself somehow, basically propositioning you to leave islam and find the true path.
    Bruh just keep searching...all of the major religions hold some of the same universal principles.....just focus on the principles and u good don't get caught in the dogma....u should focus on the laws that govern the universe because those same laws are the laws that are governing the people of different religion.....ain't no right or wrong religion just strive to kno those laws so u can elevate yourself....if u really wanna see who doing it the best then u should look at the Jews....find out why they do and don't do certain things because it's a science to this ? ....the Jews is running ? because everyone else is out of line with those divine principles....u don't need to be a Jew tho
    Now I'm back to square one again SMH.

Parallel wrote: »
    I really don't understand why it is so hard for atheists to understand the concept of faith...
    I've been called this by many of the christian folks that I broke away from. I was given this label when I went to seek out an "earnest path" for myself. I have no idea why they did this because they also encouraged me to find my own path by "following my heart". I guess they didn't want me to put my "faith" in another path.

I fully understand the concept of faith. It's not a hard concept to understand. Now which religious path do you think that I need to put all of my faith in? I'm trying to save my rotten faithless lost soul. Putting faith in the wrong things(as others in here have said) could lead my soul to damnation. Since you know more about the concept of faith than my atheist lost self. Then please show me the light brother.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited July 2014
    S2J wrote: »
    In all honesty this is the last place to ask this. For one,you dont know who u could b speakin to to be heeding advice

Second, and most important, steel sharpens steel, and this place is...its a tad bit cynical. Confidently, too. Its like a fat person asking how to lose weight in a room of not just other fat people, but the big is beautiful, happy to be fat people. You should speak to people of faith about matters of faith.
    But I have "faith" in these peoples knowledge and understanding of how ? works. Also in their many different opposing paths to the realm of ? .
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    In all honesty this is the last place to ask this. For one,you dont know who u could b speakin to to be heeding advice

Second, and most important, steel sharpens steel, and this place is...its a tad bit cynical. Confidently, too. Its like a fat person asking how to lose weight in a room of not just other fat people, but the big is beautiful, happy to be fat people. You should speak to people of faith about matters of faith.
    But I have "faith" in these peoples knowledge and understanding of how ? works. Also in there many different opposing paths to the realm of ? .

You gotta be trolling or young, but either way, dont be fooled man. These people are searching just the same as you, just a lot will speak confidently about a path you dont wanna go.Plus all your answers are in scripture and faith, not in man

But when you do go for advice, ask yourself this: would you take advice from someone who never looked you in the eye? If not, then how can you take advice from people you dont even know
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    It's based on belief. Nobody knows for sure what death is going to be like. I have faith in ? but that doesn't mean I'm right. Fir all I know death is the end of it and theirs nothing their afterwards.

The way you just explained that is actually the exact opposite of faith... it's doubt. I'll see you in hell, buddy.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which religion should I join to save my soul then? since If I don't join one I'm damned and if I do join one the other ones are saying my soul is damned. So it's damned if I do and damned if I don't. Which religion is the right path to ? ? How can I avoid my souls horrible fate? I'm a really good person!

If you want to save your soul, you need to repent of all your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your own Lord and personal savior.

Therefore, you would have to follow Christianity.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the end of the day, you go w whatever you feel is "right", and there is no right answer.

Whatever you feel comfortable believing, go w it.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited July 2014

But I have "faith" in these peoples knowledge and understanding of how ? works. Also in there many different opposing paths to the realm of ? .

You gotta be trolling or young, but either way, dont be fooled man. These people are searching just the same as you, just a lot will speak confidently about a path you dont wanna go.Plus all your answers are in scripture and faith, not in man

But when you do go for advice, ask yourself this: would you take advice from someone who never looked you in the eye? If not, then how can you take advice from people you dont even know
    This is a very good question. I think you should direct this question at some of the others in here. This is basically what I was getting at.

What scripture do you recommend? All of them? Also, I have a problem with some of your post. You just said it's not cool to take advice on faith from man right? Didn't man write the scripture that you(a man) told me to get my answers from? The people who wrote the scripture claimed to have been gods pen/voice. Nobody has ever looked in these peoples faces and there's really no solid proof that these people ever existed. The only proof we have is the words of men/women all over the world with opposing views/scripture. Last but not least, where did you get your info about the answers being in faith and scripture in the first place?

Why is your advice so special compared to these other people? I've gotten several different answers in here that contradict each other.

700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? it ? make up yo own ?
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited July 2014

VIBE wrote: »
    At the end of the day, you go w whatever you feel is "right", and there is no right answer.

Whatever you feel comfortable believing, go w it.

@VIBE
    so what do you think about his answer?
    700 wrote: »
    ? it ? make up yo own ?
    No can do brother, that's blasphemy and infidel's way of thinking.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should do whatever the ? you want.

Your first mistake is asking someone to put you on a religion. You have fam and knowledge of those beliefs.

You do what you want w it.

If you wanna be Christian, then do it.

Atheist? Do it.

Muslim? Do it.

? what THEY think, this is about you.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Mister B. wrote: »
    alissowack wrote: »
    My parents are from da souwf and were raised in areas where christianity reigns supreme. So naturally they took me to church with them when I was little. I was born and raised in the bay area which has a mixture of many religions. My best friend that I been knowing since the 1st grade was born into a muslim family. I have family that are muslim, jehovah's witnesses, prodastint(however you spell it), and a few catholic friends. I also chilled with buddhist and jews. I done heard all kinds of religious beliefs, rules, stories, witnessed how they lived their lives etc etc. Me and my best friend eventually moved away from all of that and our parents let us.

One thing that all of these religious folks actually do agree on. Is that if you don't follow a religion you will not be able to chill in the realm of ? after you die. So whenever me and my potna are asked about our religion and we say we don't follow one. The response is the same from all of them, "do you believe in ? ? You're not going to heaven"(or any other way they like to put it lol).

All religions say you need to follow their way of worshiping in order to chill in gods realm after death. I don't want my soul to be damned so my question is this.

According to Christianity, you can't save yourself. Other religions suggest that you can save yourself.
    This is my point. So who's right and who's wrong here. This is my soul we're talking about here, this is not something to play with. I need a solid answer to make sure my soul will not be damned.

There isn't an answer. All of this is based on faith. It's why I'm now Agnostic. I believe there maybe a higher power out there, but trying to "label" it is impossible, and there's not now nor ever will be any tangible proof of one true "? " or "Gods".

It's all a crapshoot.

This. Mortals will never know the will of the gods or powers that be.
  • PILL_COSBY
    @reapin505
    According to S2j I can find this out by looking through scriptures.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scriptures were written by man. In my opinion I don't take the bible or anything as the literal word of ? . I am agnostic also so it is my opinion. You can find ? , Allah or ? Zeus and Hera how you wish bruh. A grown man shouldn't be asking other people what he should believe in. You need to find out which religion you want to follow if you choose to follow one.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a very good question. I think you should direct this question at some of the others in here. This is basically what I was getting at.
    What scripture do you recommend? All of them? Also, I have a problem with some of your post. You just said it's not cool to take advice on faith from man right? Didn't man write the scripture that you(a man) told me to get my answers from? The people who wrote the scripture claimed to have been gods pen/voice. Nobody has ever looked in these peoples faces and there's really no solid proof that these people ever existed. he only proof we have is the words of men/women all over the world with opposing views/scripture. Last but not least, where did you get your info about the answers being in faith and scripture in the first place?

Why is your advice so special compared to these other people? I've gotten several different answers in here that contradict each other.

I'd suggest you start wit the New Testament. Thessalonians is a personal favorite bc Paul in particular will strike you as a regular everyday man. So if these people here gain your trust, trust me read the Word it will open your eyes. A 'book written by man' thousands of years ago yet there will be situations that will mirror things you going thru now. Thats how it moves and converts people. Its no exageration when they say every answer to your question is there. All these questions you ask you dont think,they've been addressed before? Its in there.

My advice is not special. Just pay attention and read respsonses-you came for answers, seem like you have some type of hope, so which answers give you light and hope, and which are dead ends, pessimistic, etc. My advice is get in that Word, thats all
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praise ? that He has placed the desire for you to know Him in your heart my friend. No one can come to the Father, unless He first draws them to Himself. ? is the one who is always taking the first step! He is the one who is always seeking us out.

It's been the same since the garden of Eden. Mankind messes up, we hide, ? calls out after us, and then it's up to us for us to respond to His call.

? is calling you to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior for the forgivness of your sins and the free gift of eternal life my friend. This isn't about religion, this is about a genuine, deep, and everlasting personal relationship with the true and living ? !

Religion WILL not save! Religion condemned and CRUCIFIED the Son of ? !!!!!!
    The same people who served in the very temple of ? , who condemned ? to death, will be cast in to outer darkness on the last day. That's what religion does!

You must be Born Again my friend! This isn't fantasy! This is reality! Being born again means being born by the Spirit of ? so that you can have fellowship with ? !

Jesus Christ loves you my friend and He wants to make Himself real to you! I guarantee that if you are truly sincere in the very bottom of your heart and soul that you want ? to be your Lord and Savior, He will honor His word and give you tangible evidence that you have been redeemed!

You see but you have to really mean business. You can fool me and the IC for all eternity, but you am can't fool ? ! He sees and knows the heart! He knows our thoughts, intents, and motives even before we have them.

So you put ? to the test and see that He is good! Call out to Him in a contrite and repentant heart. Say Lord Jesus I know that You are Lord! I come to you as a lost sinner seeking His way back home! I have been found now Jesus and I believe that you are Lord and that you rose from the dead to save and justify me from my sins forever! Thank you Lord for saving me! Pour the Holy Spirit upon me mightily so that I can serve you with zeal and in love all the days of my life! In Jesus name I pray. Amen!

It's done if you sincerely obeyed.

"If you confess with your mouth The Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that ? raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."/b] Romans 10:9

Hallelujah!
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014

Fact of the matter is, you're gambling with your life no matter how you cut it.

Faith is just all of us hoping we guessed right in the end.

And to keep if funky, you're not cut from that cloth reads like. You'll spend the rest of your life questioning and half-assing any religion you think sounds nicer. You ain't gonna find peace and it ain't gonna feel real. You MIGHT get some kind of experience that gives you the validation you need, but even that only goes so far.

All of them have some good motivational ? to guide you through life. But ultimately, ones version is as good as the other.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited July 2014
    kzzl wrote: »

Fact of the matter is, you're gambling with your life no matter how you cut it.

Faith is just all of us hoping we guessed right in the end.

And to keep if funky, you're not cut from that cloth reads like. You'll spend the rest of your life questioning and half-assing any religion you think sounds nicer. You ain't gonna find peace and it ain't gonna feel real. You MIGHT get some kind of experience that gives you the validation you need, but even that only goes so far.

All of them have some good motivational ? to guide you through life. But ultimately, ones version is as good as the other.
    This is what I get from it all. All of these opposing views are what led me to find ? on my own without any of these silly rules, practices, and many opposing views. The fact that there's so many paths who all claim to be the true path is a bit disturbing to me. You would think this loving all powerful being wouldn't want us fighting over it and against each other. These opposing views have lead to the worst atrocities and loss of human life in the history of man/woman kind. It has turned women into feminist and made some women turn against man. It has made man unkind, unfair, and insensitive to women. It's broken up families and kept soul mates from each others grasp. For the most part it has created a divide and that's what really drove me away from it. Religion and the wordS is suppose to help us become good loving people. But all I see is a bunch of undercover chaos, coverups, violent gangs in sheep's clothing, opportunist, brainwashing, and "I'm better than you" propaganda.

You're right, I'm not a false person who will blindly follow things I see wrong or have a problem with. I can't put my faith in something that isn't stable, treats women like property, or has hidden agendas.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you feel that this is the right path for my soul to take over the others?

So nobody's gonna tell him?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    personally I think you should just have a belief in ? .... all the particulars is unnecessary...
  • PILL_COSBY

So you didn't see (however you spell it)?

Going by your name I'm pretty sure you're catholic. So what is your take on this or are you just here to get "lol"reactions?
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? is everything that exists.

Stop looking upward and look inward
  • PILL_COSBY
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    ? is everything that exists.

Stop looking upward and look inward
    This doesn't make any sense lol. This seems like something a young single mother on facebook would post.

• Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

or are you just here to get "lol"reactions?

That just about covers it