Would You Want Sega To Release A New Console?

GorillaWitAttitude
GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
Do you think Sega should release a new console? I think it would help the console wars. Plus I know they failed with the Dreamcast because they didn't have the cool features as the PS2 did. Tell me your opinion on it.

sega_game_console.jpg

Comments

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreamcast wasn't a failure.....Sega had already made so many mistakes in the hardware business that by the time it was released Sega was already on the way out....and i honestly don't think there is enough room for another console
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Dreamcast wasn't a failure.....Sega had already made so many mistakes in the hardware business that by the time it was released Sega was already on the way out....and i honestly don't think there is enough room for another console

Oh alright now I see. Also, where do you see gaming going in the future?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be the last generation of x-box . The market is only big enough for three major systems so after it's gone i would not mind sega giving it another try
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    zombie wrote: »
    This will be the last generation of x-box . The market is only big enough for three major systems so after it's gone i would not mind sega giving it another try

Trye and those Sega commercials used to be entertaining as hell.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont think Sega got the asset to make another console.

As far as where gaming going in the future, we can see from the digital distribution that they trying to do away console all together and do a streaming service like netflix. The only thing stopping them is that everybody don't have internet
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the last gen for a Sony Playstation yo. They sinking b. The fans are turning on them. Without japan they can't maintain.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dream cast didn't fail because the PS2 had better features.

I would like Sega to get involved but that would just be for sentimental reasons. They are not capable at this point.

I have a feeling Steam will eventually change the game when the Steam box hits stores though.
  • zombie

This is the last gen for a Sony Playstation yo. They sinking b. The fans are turning on them. Without japan they can't maintain.

relax it's still early in the generation Sony fans will come to their senses. Xbox however is iintrinsically flawed
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014

How you figure that? Japan sales never carry Sony consoles.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

relax it's still early in the generation Sony fans will come to their senses. Xbox however is iintrinsically flawed

10559862_10152628700661458_514995175511826540_n.jpg
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's just a random comment making reference to nothing in an attempt to sound educated on the situation.
  • zombie
    Karl. wrote: »

That's just a random comment making reference to nothing in an attempt to sound educated on the situation.

yeah well kind of because I know nothing about the situation besides that Xbox one came out the gate wack and I hate Microsoft
  • zombie
    I still stand by my prediction this will be the last generation of Xbox
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Microsoft helped make the dreamcast lol. Had a MS logo on the DC
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreamcast used an optimized version of Windows CE. That's why MS Windows logo was on it. They only developed the OS.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should release classics on the new consoles as downloadable content
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    they should release classics on the new consoles as downloadable content
    They've already been doing that on PS3/Xbox 360.