Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sooo, Human Centipede....With walruses?? Got it.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More like a walrus version of Human Centipede meets Kevin Smith's "Red State"......
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im ? dead lmao
    dumb as ? and yes I can't wait to watch it.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Heres a brief history about how the movie was thought up if anyone doesnt know already

The idea for the movie came during the recording of SModcast 259 The Walrus and The Carpenter. In the episode, Smith with his longtime friend and producer Scott Mosier discussed an article featuring a Gumtree ad where a homeowner was offering a living situation free of charge, if the lodger agrees to dress as a walrus. The discussion went on from there, resulting in almost an hour of the episode being spent on reconstructing and telling a hypothetical story based on the ad. Smith then told his Twitter followers to tweet "#WalrusYes" if they wanted to see their hypothetical turned into a film, or "#WalrusNo" if they didn't. A vast majority of Smith's following agreed that the film should be made.[4] The post on Gumtree was in fact a prank post by noted Brighton poet and prankster Chris Parkinson, a fan of Smith who then hoped he would get in touch with him so he could be involved in the film.[5] Kevin Smith eventually hired Parkinson as a producer in November.[6]

Smith wrote the 80-page screenplay while waiting for Bob Weinstein's approval of his Clerks III submission package. It was originally titled The Walrus & the Carpenter, but he changed it into a single-word title, saying he "knew what a movie about a walrus had to be called." The film is set in Bifrost, Manitoba.[7] The movie was originally to be produced by Blumhouse, but due to Smith's expedited timeline for filming the two amicably parted ways.[8] Tusk was eventually financed by Demarest Films.[9] Smith had planned on premiering the film at Sundance 2014, but this was later changed to allow more time for the score to be complete.[7]

Smith was excited about making Tusk, saying "I wanted to right what I felt was the only wrong of Red State by scripting something with no religious or sexual politics that could grow up to be a weird little movie and not an indie film call-to-arms or a frustrated self-distribution manifesto. I just wanted to showcase Michael Parks in a ? up story, where he could recite some Lewis Carroll and The Rime of the Ancient Mariner to some poor ? sewn into a realistic walrus costume."[10] Unlike Smith's previous film Red State, Tusk will have a conventional theater release in the third quarter of 2014. Distribution will be handled by A24.[11] On July 17, 2014, it was announced the film would be released on September 19, 2014.
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think everyone else summed up my thoughts when watching the trailer... but I'll add to the thread anyway:

What the ? fuckery did I just watch?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Movie drops friday. Its gettin some pretty good reviews.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2014
    Options
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is that preview SFW?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    1st vid is a trailer its pretty sfw.

2nd video is a interview w/ Justin Long. Just has bad language./
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like it gona flop
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Lol its a kevin smith movie, im pretty sure no one expects it to do large numbers. Ill def be checking for it this weekend tho.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont wanna die in Canada
    lol
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What in the highest of ? Is this supposed to be???
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people love weird random movies and try to convince the world how great and well made they are. Smh
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    Lol Haley Joel Osmont
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Just got back from the theater. ? was pretty funny. Didnt focus on horror as much as i thought it would. Michael Parks does a pretty good job playing an old creep. I was dyin when i saw justin long transformed into the walrus.

Also johnny depp makes a cameo. They are currently filming a movie based on his character in this movie Tusk. Looking forward to that, johnny depps character was pretty funny.

All in all it was worth the watch. Worth the full movie price? probably not, but if your stoned one night and you enjoy Kevin smith films then you will probably like this.

Some of the humor dragged on a little bit but id give the movie a 7.5/10.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    misery in reverse?
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    Watching it now. ? is disturbing
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    Johnny Depp is that ? tho
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    They making a trilogy of this with the girls from the convenience store starring in a next one. Wtf
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    They making a trilogy of this with the girls from the convenience store starring in a next one. Wtf

Yeah, Yoga housers is gonna focus on the girls from the convenient store, and johnny depps character. It wont be a horror type film tho.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »

Yeah, Yoga housers is gonna focus on the girls from the convenient store, and johnny depps character. It wont be a horror type film tho.

Those girls are Depps and Smith daughters. Crazy