PC Gamers Assemble, please.

Options
13»

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for the record

aiming guns with a Mouse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> aiming guns with a controller

free mods and Total Conversions >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever ? EA tryna sell you

torrenting and cracking a game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mod chips and all that

Just sayin. (man, Max Payne 1 "Matrix" mods were GOAT and ? on the official Matrix games)

Steam is great....too bad I never use it because I bootleg everything tho. A ? on skype gifted me Skullgirls last year and I never played that ? lol.

My rig is almost 5 years old now, but I can still run new games at Medium so ? it until my motherboard dies. Can't wait for Dragon Age 3.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can you teach me in the ways of upgrades?

I wanna upgrade my CPU and Graphics card. And nothing else, unless it is an absolute must.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Just to let you know. Nvidia released the GTX 970 and 980 today. You can get it at Newegg.com and Amazon currently. They are selling out. The 970 goes for $330 and the 980 goes for $550. They changed the name from GTX 870 and 880 because laptops already had a different older 800 series gpu. IDK if a cheaper 960 is on its way. They added a lot of support for the Oculus Rift dk2 which is mainly marketed and sold to developers and enthusiast until a consumer version comes out. I have a Oculus btw and it is truly the next level of gaming. Steam has been working on VR support also with Half Life VR etc..

I will be selling my older 760 card on ebay. There will be a lot of older Geforce cards for sale on ebay soon.
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Thinking im gonna order this bad mother ? next weekend.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-2763-KR/dp/B00DHW4HS4/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1410378314&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+760

If anyone knows. Hope it works fine.

Kind of want to build my own rig one day. dont know the first thing about it though, anyone here got a gaming rig they built themselves?

i built 4 in the past year...2 for me 1 for my bro and one for my girl

there are various vids out telling u what components u should get for every price range. (linustechtips on youtube is good)

my main gaming rig

[img][/img][img][/img]rig1.jpg
    (no interior pics cuz my cable management is woat)

mobo-asus sabertooth 990fx r2
    ssd-240gb samsung evo pro
    hdd-2tb wd black
    gpu-amd 7950 twinfrozer edition(great mining card)
    cpu-amd fx8350
    cpu cooler- hi100
    psu-cosair gs800
    ram-16gb cosair vengeance ddr3 1600
    case-azza genesis 9000
    installed 10 case fans plus the hi100 running in push/pull
    4 dvd drives(1 being blu ray)
    added 4 more usb 3.0 ports
    added firewire ports
    list goes on

It is extremely easy to build a rig..i def recommend it. Nothing like it
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Thinking im gonna order this bad mother ? next weekend.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-2763-KR/dp/B00DHW4HS4/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1410378314&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+760

If anyone knows. Hope it works fine.

Kind of want to build my own rig one day. dont know the first thing about it though, anyone here got a gaming rig they built themselves?

If you already got this card, you can use the EVGA step up program to get one of the newer models. So far it's available in the States. The 970 card is only $80 more.

I have a gaming HTPC that i'm using in a case that even modified a bit. You can build PCs fairly small and powerful these days because of itx motherboards and cases.

My PC was built with an Antec Fusion Black. It looks great with my Home theater system as i have it hooked up to a Projector\LCD TV with a wireless keyboard and mouse. It's the longest I've ever kept a case. They don't make that case anymore but if you get a good case, you don't have to replace it as long as it remains in good condition.
    front.jpg

I use a laptop cart to use the wireless kb&m at a distance comfortably.
    22435045i_01.jpg

The thing about building a PC is that you can just swap parts and upgrade where you feel. I sell older parts on ebay to subsidize newer parts which keeps me on the modernized.

Just be careful with static electricity and ground yourself so you don't blow anything out. I would advise using Intel chips because they have the pins on the motherboard rather then the chip and it leaves less room for error. Just look for processors that support LGA 1150 socket motherboards.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DayZ
    You play Arma 2 mod or the standalone? I need some people to start playing with so i don't get ? over by some random.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steam name Ishi hit me up
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can i upgrade to the 760 without having to upgrade anything else for awhile? will the PC work fine for awhile till i can afford another processor? or shouldi start with the processor then get a new video card?

Depends on what power supply you currently have, and the quality of it. You dont want to get that blue screen while you are trying to game.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Power supply's are relatively cheap tho arent they? compared to graphics cards and CPU's?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Power supply's are relatively cheap tho arent they? compared to graphics cards and CPU's?

The higher end ones are quite expensive
    anything above 1000 watts will run you quite a bit
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, what's the best WoW private servers to play on?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

The PSU is a very important component that can ? up everything in your computer. Do not go too cheap on this. Get a good brand like Antec, Cooler Master, or Corsair, and look at the reviews. Also make sure you look at the power consumption of your CPU and GPU to get an adequately powerful power supply. When you buy those parts online, they list recommended power supply Wattage. More wattage doesn't signify quality. They have quality tear labeling now with 80 PLUS BRONZE being decent and GOLD being the best. Most of the time a 1000 watt PSU is only needed for Overclocking and SLI. I think a 550 - 700watt is good for most standard situations.
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    DayZ
    You play Arma 2 mod or the standalone? I need some people to start playing with so i don't get ? over by some random.

@ishi i got both what u playin? nh
  • ferociousmonk
    ferociousmonk Members Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Options
    Ghost recon phantoms is a great online game. And it's free.