Haile Selassie, Ras Tafari and Christianity...

Options
BangEm_Bart
BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I was doing some research on Haile Selassie and the dispute with him and Marcus Garvey. Marcus Garvey basically saying that Haile didn't identify himself as black but more Afro-Asiatic and that he was a sellout that gave his country to the Europeans and ran away. I don't know what's true or false but my question is why was a religion called Ras Tafari created when Haile Selassie was a Christian and a descendant of not only King David but Jesus Christ??? Why worship the man who worships Christ instead of worshipping Christ himself???

Comments

• Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rastafari is not a religion bruh
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jah rastafari, ever living
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    So aight, what is the Ras Tafari belief?
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Or way of life
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BangEm_Bart
    edited July 2014
    Options
    But Haile Selassie refers to himself as Caucasian. Can y'all dig deeper into this subject. Did white people steal this term and use it as a reference to themselves?

Edit: Wrong info from some white supremicist article, he said he's Semitic-Hamitic or something but does this mean that our identity has been recreated by white folks?
  • BangEm_Bart
    edited July 2014
    Options
  • waterproof
    Options
    some_? ! wrote: »
    But Haile Selassie refers to himself as Caucasian. Can y'all dig deeper into this subject. Did white people steal this term and use it as a reference to themselves?

Edit: Wrong info from some white supremicist article, he said he's Semitic-Hamitic or something but does this mean that our identity has been recreated by white folks?

Shemetic is different from Semitic
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    'I am not a ? at all; I am a Caucasian' the Emperor Menelik told the West Indian pan-Africanist Benito Sylvian who had come to Addis Ababa to solicit the Emperor's leadership in a society for the 'Amelioration of the ? race.' Haile Sellassie confirmed that view in a declaration to Chief H. O. Davis, a well known Nigerian nationalist, stating that the Ethiopians did not regard themselves as Africans, but as 'a mixed Hamito-Semitic people (2006, John H. Spencer, p. 306)
  • BangEm_Bart
    edited July 2014
    Options
    This is the info that I picked up too.

Interesting read:
    Quote:
    In his desperate act to hold power, Haile Selassie now made a secret peace overture to Mussolini, sending a former Ethiopian Minister in Rome to contact the Italian consul in Djibouti. He offered to sell a large part of Ethiopia to Italy for one and half milliard Lira and to appoint six Italian advisors to direct the policy of his government. Mussolini sent sourteous reply to the intermediary, expressing his pleasure that the Negus had at last decided to negotiate directly with him; but he said the offer was unacceptable." (1997, by Jasper Godwin Ridley, p.270)

After Haile Selassie fled to London, he snubbed the black nationalist Marcus Gravey because he was black.

Quote:
    When Haile Selassie fled to London, Gravey tried to contact him but was snubbed, and it was reported that "the emperor did not desire any contact with 'Negroes.'" (1963, Harold Robert Isaacs, p. 153)

Unhappy with the being snubbed, the famous Marcus Gravey wrote the following quote about Halie Selassie:

Quote:
    Mussolini of Italy has conquered Haile Selassie of Abyssinia, but he has not conquered the Abyssinians nor Abyssinia. The Emperor of Abyssinia allowed himself to be conquered, by playing white, by trusting to white advisers and by relying white Governments, including the white League of Nations.We can remember in 1920 inviting the Government of Abyssinia to send representatives to the International Convention of the ? Peoples of the world in common with other ? Conventions, the Abyssinian Government returned the communication unopened. Its policy then, as during the Italo-Abyssinian war, was no doubt to rely completely on the advice and friendship of white people. They ignored ? relationships from without and throttled ? aspirations from within. The result was that they dragged along without any racial policy, except that of the ruling classes, believing themselves white and better than the rest, with a right to suppress the darker elements which make up the tremendous population. (2009, By Girma Menelik, p.57)
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

This is not a diss but in the English dictionary they say that Shemite is another term for Semite. What's the difference?
    I think Haile was on to something that black people must understand. Where did the term black and white come from and if the Semites are the original Hebrews that means that our culture has been stolen and that we shouldn't refer to ourselves as black but Semitic-Hamitic people. Especially since at one time Africa was referred to as Ethiopia.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

Ok, I see what you mean.

Peace ans respect to everyone on the post.
    I wanted to comment on the Hamitic and Shemitic people.Much respect to both-what bothers me is alot of black people think a Shemite is.A shemite is a Afro Asiatic person most shemites have to lineages Ham and Shem this people always dwelled around each other-a mixed seed.

The word semite does not mean Shemite.Semitic is latin it means a path,Shemitic is a decendant from Shem.Most people of Cacasian orgin who now live in Israel and Mesopotamia claim they are semites they are people who took over the land from the true black Hamitics and black Shemitics.

Even the so called Jewish people have a turkish orgin they converted to Afro Israelite culture in later centuries and latter claimed the land under Zionism.

The Orginal Arabs,Elamites,summerians,Persians,Babylonians,Arabs who were of Hamitic and Shemitic orgin were black.Shemitic people and Hametic people have always mixed nations that is why we have the diffrent shades of color.

The pics of the Israelites on the walls of Babylon show what the world would call Negroid-Hametic people.

The reason why is because the Shemitic people were Afo Asiatic people.

Herodotus said the people of North Africa,East Africa,Arabia,palestine-Israel all the way over to India were Ethiopians-the word Ethiopian was a word greeks used for black people.He said the Ethiopians beyond Iraq-- most had straighter hair that was the only diffrences.

Many Historians during the time of ancient Israel called them Ethiopians-burnt face people.Tactius,Josephus,G Massey and many others.

Many tribes in Africa and West Africa claim Israelite-Shemitic decent.

When we-black people say that the Shemitic people where white we glorify Eurocentricity.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haiti>Ethiopia

Ethiopian women are beautiful tho
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Haiti>Ethiopia

Ethiopian women are beautiful tho

FOH, Haitians are ugly as ? . Post one bad Haitian ? , I'll wait.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Back on topic though:

Should we refer to ourselves as Shemitic and stop calling ourselves black. Realistically, the term black wasn't the term for us until slavery was abolished and separate but equal was established.
  • waterproof
    Options
    I'm a Adamic Shemitic Hebrew Israelite

Meaning I'm from the first man who Yah gave his spirit to on the planet earth.

The adamic black man.

I'm descended from The Shem but by blood and culture I'm a Hebrew and my nation is Israel which makes me an Israelite
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Babylon lies again.....

H.I.M. never speak such fuckery.......

Stop the fuckery in the world..........

"A house built on granite and strong foundations, not even the onslaught of pouring rain, gushing torrents, and strong winds will be able to pull down. Some people have written the story of my life, representing as truth what in fact derives from ignorance, error, or envy; but they cannot shake the truth from its place, even if they attempt to make others believe it.”

H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I, My Life and Ethiopia’s Progress, Preface 1892-1937

earthlightflyerfinal.jpg

H.I.M. unite all "black" Africans.......

"An awareness of our past is essential to the establishment of our personality and our identity as Africans."

H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I

• BangEm_Bart
    Options
    So do Rastafarians believe that Haile Selassie is the incarnation of Christ?
  • bambu
    Options
    Rastafari = global religion and social movement founded on the Biblical prophecies concerning Israel and the Lion of Judah, the teachings contained in the Bible, and the teachings of H.I.M Haile Selassie I the Emporer of Ethiopia.

Rastafarians bow to the King of kings and serve Jah Rastafari, YHWH Elohiym, the one Moses was told is named ‘I AM THAT I AM’. The Testaments are the Old and New of the Torah, the writings of the prophets and the Gospel. Rastafarian's emphasize that Haile Selassie is the Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah mentioned in Revelation 5:5.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Aight, I don't believe that Haile Selassie is in any way, shape or form the incarnation of Christ. There is only one Jesus Christ. I actually thought he was Christian because he believed in Christ but to put him in Christ shoes shows that either the Rastafarians are falsely misled by the anti Christ or they mistook the wrong messiah when he never said he was Christ.

And why worship Tafari Mokonnen when they could have worship Ras Mokonnen or any of his other descendants. He created a name for himself calling himself the trinity with Selassie but there's only 1 Messiah that died on the cross for my sins and that's Jesus Christ.

I was just curious as to what this belief is and the women are beautiful.
  • bambu
    Options
    Aight, I don't believe that Haile Selassie is in any way, shape or form the incarnation of Christ. There is only one Jesus Christ. I actually thought he was Christian because he believed in Christ but to put him in Christ shoes shows that either the Rastafarians are falsely misled by the anti Christ or they mistook the wrong messiah when he never said he was Christ.

And why worship Tafari Mokonnen when they could have worship Ras Mokonnen or any of his other descendants. He created a name for himself calling himself the trinity with Selassie but there's only 1 Messiah that died on the cross for my sins and that's Jesus Christ.

I was just curious as to what this belief is and the women are beautiful.

Haile Selassie I was a Christian and he never claimed to be the Christ.............

The titles were bestowed on him by the Ethiopian church along with "His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings and Elect of ? ," girmawi qedamawi 'atse hayille sillasie, mō'a 'anbassā za'imnaggada yīhūda nigūsa nagast za'ītyōṗṗyā, siyūma 'igzī'a'bihēr).

H.I.M. being "Christ Incarnate" is a simplification of the Biblical prophecies concerning Israel and the Lion of Judah....

I encourage you all to study more......

Haile Selassie I is worthy of worship for having stood with great dignity in front of the world's press and the representatives of many of the world's powerful nations, especially during his appeal to the League of Nations in 1936 when he was still the only independent black monarch in Africa.

From the beginning, the Rastas claimed that their personal loyalty lay with Africa's only black monarch, Haile Selassie I, and that they themselves were free citizens of Ethiopia, loyal to its Emperor, and devoted to its flag representing the Solomonic Dynasty......

he-sits-on-solomons-throne.jpg
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I respect him as a Christian but I don't respect him as the incarnation of Christ. Maybe if they said he conducted himself in a Christlike manner I can agree but there is only one savior imo.