• MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    MallyG wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    I lived in ATLanta in 06. ? was garbage. But I will say the tri state parties used to be cracking. But I gave ATL 8 months and went back to Cali. I bet them ? still wearing Girbauds and BAPE

LOL.... U were jus home sick bruh.

But nikka, in 06 Buckhead was dumb LIVE!!! They tore down the whole strip in 07/08 to build these high rise condos which immediately stopped construction until recently b/c of the housing collapse. From Kream (was there 3 days a week b/c I knew the owner), to Fuel, to Chaos, to Living Room to World Bar (I lived in dat bish every Saturday) & not 2 mention other spots on the strip.... when the clubs let out it was like goin' fishing in a gotdamn aquarium! Tooooo EZ!

Don't even get me started on Visionz.... grown & young bad biddies choosin' left, right, up, down and around...... let me stop b4 I shed a tear. lol

Buckhead was in its prime in the early 2000's but everything else is on point. You didnt even have to go inside the clubs to have a good time during that period. The whole Ray Lewis murder trial ? everything up and Mayor Shirley Franklin shut that ? down.

U absolutely right bruh. Early 2000's was even better not jus in that area, but everywhere in da city. It still was cookin' up until 06 tho. To be all the way Cheryl Lynn real about it, the 90's was when it was flat out jumpin'. I got 2 experience a tad bit of it but I was jus a jit then so i couldn't get into spots like 559 (jus parking pimped the lot), Crystal Palace, Atlanta Live (the old one) etc....

U know what they need to bring back here tho..... the All Star game!! When it came in 03 the whole city was ri-damn-diculous! I still remember they was taxin' nikkas 200-300 beans jus to get in Visionz that wknd (I didn't go cuz i wasn't bout 2 get my head knocked off), but they was payin' like Jesus himself was poppin' bottles in there. lol..... I jus keep it pushin' to Buckhead and as soon as I got down to the strip I got rushed, fondled and near ? by some ? brawds from North Cackalacky @ the club across from Tu Tu Tango (can't remember the name but my folk used 2 DJ there). Nikka like me had to check my wallet right afterwards. lol.... Ohhhhh the times!!

lol actually that All Star game is the reason why they won't bring it back here or at least hvnt since. Granted I don't think it would be that crazy as it was then but it's definitely why it hasn't came back. All the traffic and ignorant ? went on that weekend was crazy as ? lol

The traffic was horrendous! But if u knew the city u could save a lil' time by not going directly in the main drags (if u could avoid it). Them skirts from N.C. I mentioned earlier was tryna get me to roll out w/ them, but I had just made it down there and I damn sure wasn't bout to get back in that mess b/c they was off Peachtree (which was basically @ a stand still) so i had 2 leave'em lone.

The city usually under plans and then overreacts (after its leaves) to events like that, but I can still have a ray of hope for it to come back one mo gin' b4 I get to old. lol
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    I lived in ATLanta in 06. ? was garbage. But I will say the tri state parties used to be cracking. But I gave ATL 8 months and went back to Cali. I bet them ? still wearing Girbauds and BAPE

LOL.... U were jus home sick bruh.

But nikka, in 06 Buckhead was dumb LIVE!!! They tore down the whole strip in 07/08 to build these high rise condos which immediately stopped construction until recently b/c of the housing collapse. From Kream (was there 3 days a week b/c I knew the owner), to Fuel, to Chaos, to Living Room to World Bar (I lived in dat bish every Saturday) & not 2 mention other spots on the strip.... when the clubs let out it was like goin' fishing in a gotdamn aquarium! Tooooo EZ!

Don't even get me started on Visionz.... grown & young bad biddies choosin' left, right, up, down and around...... let me stop b4 I shed a tear. lol

Buckhead was in its prime in the early 2000's but everything else is on point. You didnt even have to go inside the clubs to have a good time during that period. The whole Ray Lewis murder trial ? everything up and Mayor Shirley Franklin shut that ? down.

U absolutely right bruh. Early 2000's was even better not jus in that area, but everywhere in da city. It still was cookin' up until 06 tho. To be all the way Cheryl Lynn real about it, the 90's was when it was flat out jumpin'. I got 2 experience a tad bit of it but I was jus a jit then so i couldn't get into spots like 559 (jus parking pimped the lot), Crystal Palace, Atlanta Live (the old one) etc....

U know what they need to bring back here tho..... the All Star game!! When it came in 03 the whole city was ri-damn-diculous! I still remember they was taxin' nikkas 200-300 beans jus to get in Visionz that wknd (I didn't go cuz i wasn't bout 2 get my head knocked off), but they was payin' like Jesus himself was poppin' bottles in there. lol..... I jus keep it pushin' to Buckhead and as soon as I got down to the strip I got rushed, fondled and near ? by some ? brawds from North Cackalacky @ the club across from Tu Tu Tango (can't remember the name but my folk used 2 DJ there). Nikka like me had to check my wallet right afterwards. lol.... Ohhhhh the times!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Nls5ZhUtM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93m1O9PyjpM
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard Outkast suppose to perform at a concert in Atlanta next month. Anybody know when & where it's suppose to be at?
  • YapatnaJB
    YapatnaJB Members Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    I heard Outkast suppose to perform at a concert in Atlanta next month. Anybody know when & where it's suppose to be at?

Centennial Olympic Park Sept. 26-28.. I think the first two dates are sold out
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YapatnaJB wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »

Centennial Olympic Park Sept. 26-28.. I think the first two dates are sold out

Dammit!!!!!!! 26-27 is the weekend too. I guess imma have to miss this show unless good luck comes knocking
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I got a ticket to the Friday show.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn i might have to extend my atl trip ? make it sound popping, i'll be there next week staying at the st.regis
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima try to plan a trip in october for my birthday. By then my sis will be settled in her new spot.