Where Do You See Wrestling In 3 Years?

Options
GorillaWitAttitude
GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
In your opinion, where do you see the industry in three years? Do you think TNA will still be where they are now? Also I think ROH will be a little bigger and AAA will make an impact in the U.S.

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Reigns will be called the Ultimate Warrior 2.0, Cena will be talking about retirement, TNA and ROH will become one company but owned by some Japanese company like IWGP, and it will have even less fans than it dies now, in America but be basically bigger everywhere else outside the US like soccer.

Either Flair, Nash, Jake the Snake, Hogan, or Hall... :(
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    Reigns will be called the Ultimate Warrior 2.0, Cena will be talking about retirement, TNA and ROH will become one company but owned by some Japanese company like IWGP, and it will have even less fans than it dies now, in America but be basically bigger everywhere else outside the US like soccer.

Why do you think TNA & ROH will be one company? Also, cool opinion with your post.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Luchadores will never be big here. Guys are alot more old school there, with less realistic bumps, more out of shape fat guys, midgets flying and drag queens. It would be a total culture shock for WWE fans. We're more vain and close minded here. That's why only a certain handful if guys like Eddie, Alberto, Juvi, PSYCHOSIS, and even Alberto Del Rios made it in America. It was either combo of the look, skills, marketability, some size, and or command of the English language, or all of the above.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    Luchadores will never be big here. Guys are alot more old school there, with less realistic bumps, more out of shape fat guys, midgets flying and drag queens. It would be a total culture shock for WWE fans. We're more vain and close minded here. That's why only a certain handful if guys like Eddie, Alberto, Juvi, PSYCHOSIS, and even Alberto Del Rios made it in America. It was either combo of the look, skills, marketability, some size, and or command of the English language, or all of the above.

true true
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More of the same really.

The biggest issues will be the status of wwe network (which I think will actually be showing positive growth by then) and whether TNA and ROH exist (which in some fashion they will).

Roman Reigns (barring injury) will be the star and everyone will hate him.

Major names will retire:
    Angle, Lesnar, Jericho, RVD, Daniel Bryan, Christian and Jeff Hardy

Fans will still be chanting "what" and "CM Punk",

3 years really ain't that much time but what I can see is stuff that's already on the horizon.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    More of the same really.

The biggest issues will be the status of wwe network (which I think will actually be showing positive growth by then) and whether TNA and ROH exist (which in some fashion they will).

Major names will retire:

3 years really ain't that much time but what I can see is stuff that's already on the horizon.

I agree with all except Daniel Bryan. In my opinion, I see Bryan sticking around for another 10 years.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

Why do you think TNA & ROH will be one company? Also, cool opinion with your post.

It's the logical choice, but I think it will only happen once Dixie sells her company to someone else. Hell Eric Bischoff might take over for all I know.

All I know ROH has Jim Cirnette who basically gates everyone who could help him (Heyman, McMahon, Rusdo, and TNA), nobody takes Dixie seriously and sees her as a female mark, and everyone sees Bischoff as thus greedy egomaniacal guy who only cares how he looks n his friends like Hogan.

Too many egos and perceptions but they all need to work together now and somehow get Ross and Heyman on board.

Too many other great veteran minds in the business to allow Vince Mc Mahon n HHH to be carrying the forefront of American wrestling.

We also need new young fresh minds also. I think I could do wonders if I could get my foot in the door.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More of the same really.

Major names will retire:

I agree with all except Daniel Bryan. In my opinion, I see Bryan sticking around for another 10 years.

10 years? Nah brah 5 maximum. His neck injuries are serious, unless he wants to end up a ninja turtle like Kurt Angle or Steve Austin he won't be trying to go hard on that for 10 more years.

• GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    More of the same really.

Major names will retire:

10 years? Nah brah 5 maximum. His neck injuries are serious, unless he wants to end up a ninja turtle like Kurt Angle or Steve Austin he won't be trying to go hard on that for 10 more years.

Oh okay now I get where you coming from. I didn't know his neck was that bad.

It's the logical choice, but I think it will only happen once Dixie sells her company to someone else. Hell Eric Bischoff might take over for all I know.

All I know ROH has Jim Cirnette who basically gates everyone who could help him (Heyman, McMahon, Rusdo, and TNA), nobody takes Dixie seriously and sees her as a female mark, and everyone sees Bischoff as thus greedy egomaniacal guy who only cares how he looks n his friends like Hogan.

Too many egos and perceptions but they all need to work together now and somehow get Ross and Heyman on board.

Too many other great veteran minds in the business to allow Vince Mc Mahon n HHH to be carrying the forefront of American wrestling.

We also need new young fresh minds also. I think I could do wonders if I could get my foot in the door.

Maybe you should get in the industry as a writer/booker.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Cena will be champion
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options

P.S. Lucha can make it in the U.S. You have to remember that Cali and Texas has a large Hispanic population. Also, California has a lot of Mexicans there too/
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All I know ROH has Jim Cirnette who basically gates everyone who could help him

What?

Jim Cornette hasn't worked in ROH in years and when he was there he damn near ruined the company.