Do You Consider Eazy-E As The Godfather Of Gangsta Rap? (I Don't Ever See Him Get Love Like That)

Options
GorillaWitAttitude
GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
edited August 2014 in The Reason
You got to realize Eazy repped and put Compton on the map. Plus he recruited a group known as N.W.A. and helped launch some rappers careers. Eazy may had a ghostwriter, but he was a damn good producer and had skill. I never see him get love. In my opinion, he's the James Brown of Gangsta Rap. I wanna know the IC's thoughts. Also, he was the founder of Ruthless Records. Even though that Jerry Helder dude screwed ? up in the end.

Eazy-E.jpg

eazy_e.jpg

Man I wish Eazy was still with us. Next year it'll be 20 years he's been gone. I was a year old when he passed. Plus I wish I lived in that era.

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes.
    Eazy duz it>>>>>>>
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Yes.
    Eazy duz it>>>>>>>

Damn right
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And before ? come in and say all this ? about cube ghostwriting it idc eazy duz it is a classic. Yeah he didn't write all of his rhymes but he did write and his delivery was incredible
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    And before ? come in and say all this ? about cube ghostwriting it idc eazy duz it is a classic. Yeah he didn't write all of his rhymes but he did write and his delivery was incredible

? gonna always hate regardless fam. Eazy help put the westcoast on the map. That can't be disputed.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes Eazy is and was the godfather of gangsta rap.
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes he is. Ice didn't have the same approach to music az Eazy n them did.

You could argue about D but Eazy holds more and most definitely carried more weight than him.

Eazy-E waz on sum other ? . The ? before him and after him don't compare.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    you guys never heard of schooly d i guess. as far as west coast gangsta rap i'd put ice-t as godfather before eazy but even ice would probably cite schooly d as his primary influence back then.

the problem with schooly d was that a lot of his tracks he was just on some ? and you could tell he didn't really give a ? about selling records or anything like that.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Standin on the corner straight slangin rocks
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice t is the godfather of fangsta rap you cats need to learn your history
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Google the godfather of gangsta rap and see who pops up.

That's been Eazy's title since the 90's. Ice might be the father or some ? . But Eazy's real title is the godfather. The same way MJ title was king of pop. Or T.I.'s was King of the south
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can he be if he aint write his rhymes?he dope tho
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you ? dont know rap.

eazy made it popular to the masses.

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Easy is a legend, but he is not the "Godfather: of Gansta Rap. That moniker goes to Schoolly D. Ice T would get that before Eazy.

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Easy E is The ? Father of Gangsta Rap, and was banging with those Crips for real.

Easy E is one of the greatest Visionary in hip hop and created one of the greatest label in hip hop with Ruthless records.

Easy E had the eye on the future He signed the Black Eyed Peas, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Kid Frost

He had NWA, The DOC, Above The Law, Michelle, JJ Fad, and Penthouse Players Clique that included DJ Quik, MC Ren, Kokane

Eazy Duz It Is a Hip Hop Classic

He had Dr. Dre, DJ Yella, Cold 187um, DJ Uneek, Rhythum D on the boards, all platinum producers

And He created The Greatest Hip hop group of all times
  • Mr. Rich Pryor
    Mr. Rich Pryor Members Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eazy,ice t,& ice cube da kingz of dis gangsta ? ya know wat im sayin!
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, not the godfather of it. He did contribute.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. Cube and Yella wrote ALL his rhymes on the first NWA album. I think that album was the birth of gangsta rap. So...
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's kinda of hard to evaluate. He wasn't the best rapper in his group or lyricist or beat maker. He was a gangster who made an investment in rap (Birdman, 50 Cent, Game, Suge) producing. Comparing him to James Brown is a far stretch.Eazy was good at what he did, but really dude brought a powerful group together and that's it. I can't name Rza as one of the best rappers ever just cause of Wu-Tang; can't call Eazy the Godfather cuz of NWA. I'd probably give that torch to Dre and Cube the same as Biggie is given more credit than Puff
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Gotta Love the revisionist.

Schoolly D -PSK

Ice-T - Who in his own words said, "6 in the morning" was inspired by Schooly D's PSK.

I'd also mention Just-ice who's debut album(1986) had a song called "Gangster of Hip Hop. And was well known for toting a sawed off shotty and his work in the streets.

Let's not forget one of Hip Hops founding fathers Africka Bambaataa was a warlord of the Black Spades. When Bam founded the Zulu nation many of the members were former Gang Members.

All of this preceded Easy E's rap existence but I'll let yall revel in your Hip Hop fallacy. I'll stick to the True Historical facts.

Now you know we on the same page on this hip hop.

But this is not who's the Father of Gangsta Rap or ? rap, Just Ice was the first.

But just like James Brown is the Godfather of soul, Not the Father of soul.

Eazy E is the Godfather of Gangsta Rap, Eazy E brought the visual, slang, the stories of Gangsta Rap in what we know as Today.

Eazy E became the face, spread gangsta rap all across the world.

Much respect to Just Ice, Ice T, Schoolly D and all of them.

But Eazy E took it to another level, He is The Godfather of Gangsta Rap
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who the fucc said cop killer came out before fucc the police?? As far as Ice t he got his first start on the east coast, E did it for the west strictly. ? always tryin to mix up a ? legacy