Do You Consider Eazy-E As The Godfather Of Gangsta Rap? (I Don't Ever See Him Get Love Like That)

Options

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    I think Kats got the term Godfather twisted calling Eazy the Godfather of Gangsta Rap does not mean he birthed it rather he took the honor to care for it and supported it to grow and become strong which he did...

? ·fa·ther
    ˈgädˌfäT͟Hər/Submit
    noun
    a male godparent.
    a man who is influential in a movement or organization, through providing support for it or through playing a leading or innovatory part in it.
    "the godfather of alternative comedy"

And there you go, the definition laid it all out for y'all to see, Etymology of words need to be studied, now you know why the white man get over you because y'all don't understand the science and definitions of words.

Name one Gangsta Rapper or emcee who was more influential in the movement of gangsta rap then Eazy E.

He is the Godfather of Gangsta Rap

After the facts I have laid out it's not possible. There is only one ? father. Eazy being influenced by the likes of Schooly D, Ice-T and other gangster rappers or rappers who rapped about gangster themes disqualifies Eazy from such a slot.

Eazy and NWA were the first to have commercial success let's stop pretending there is more to this when it isn't.

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    I think Kats got the term Godfather twisted calling Eazy the Godfather of Gangsta Rap does not mean he birthed it rather he took the honor to care for it and supported it to grow and become strong which he did...

? ·fa·ther
    ˈgädˌfäT͟Hər/Submit
    noun
    a male godparent.
    a man who is influential in a movement or organization, through providing support for it or through playing a leading or innovatory part in it.
    "the godfather of alternative comedy"

And there you go, the definition laid it all out for y'all to see, Etymology of words need to be studied, now you know why the white man get over you because y'all don't understand the science and definitions of words.

Name one Gangsta Rapper or emcee who was more influential in the movement of gangsta rap then Eazy E.

He is the Godfather of Gangsta Rap

After the facts I have laid out it's not possible. There is only one ? father. Eazy being influenced by the likes of Schooly D, Ice-T and other gangster rappers or rappers who rapped about gangster themes disqualifies Eazy from such a slot.

Eazy and NWA were the first to have commercial success let's stop pretending there is more to this when it isn't.

And I agree with you brethren I didn't only say that Eazy E is the only godfather of gangsta rap.

Schooly D is the first gangsta rapper that the hip hop world heard on wax nationally. So he's the first gangsta rapper, even Ice T said that.

Schooly D didn't carry that flag he went the afrocentric route.

Just Ice was a 5%er

Ice T started out Punk Rock Rap Zulu Nation, did gangsta rap and went back to heavy metal and punk

Eazy E came in 86 as a real gangsta, rapped about it, created one of the greatest hip hop group of all times, brought the eyes to Compton and told them about the hell they lived

And repped gangsta rap, when everybody went the afro centric route, Eazy E was still carrying the flag. Eazy E was given the title of it, nobody complained or deny it.

No Cube, Dre, Ice T.

We All in The Same Gang, Eazy E still in the video being a Gangsta.

Nobody did more for gangsta rap genre than Eazy E that's a fact he had the whole world wearing Locs, Raiders Gear which haven't seen since Run DMC having the world wearing Addias
  • waterproof
    Options
  • ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Geto boys debuted in 86 the south started gangsta rap
  • waterproof
    Options
    Geto boys debuted in 86 the south started gangsta rap

Geto Boys top 10 hip hop group of all times, Nobody denying their impact on hip hop or gangsta rap
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The greatest thing Easy did was bankroll talent. He wasn't good at it himself and left to his own devices he failed. His death was only a boost. Look at most rappers that die they are rocketed to another status. You can call it what you want but there are others the people will give that title too.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    goldjordan wrote: »
    Man I wish Eazy was still with us i love that ? . Next year it'll be 20 years he's been dead. I was a year old when he passed but i shead tears everyday. Plus I wish I lived in that era
    @GorillaWitAttitude you a ? dickrider the ? dead you need to get your life in order and stop making threads pouring you heart out about ? ?

#beentrill #squad #burrrakahtah #InTheHoodGetingBread

? ? off yaself fam. You on here using Juggalo's as gifs and ? . I swear the newbies are outta sight.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Say What wrote: »
    The greatest thing Easy did was bankroll talent. He wasn't good at it himself and left to his own devices he failed. His death was only a boost. Look at most rappers that die they are rocketed to another status. You can call it what you want but there are others the people will give that title too.

Eazy E status is secured in hip hop.

His presence felt, hip hop changed forever, because of what he done.

If it wasn't for Eazy, No NWA, Bone Thugs, Death Row Records, Aftermath Records, Shady Records, No Ice Cube, No West Side Connection, Damn NWA family tree is to Damn big.

There's a Movie on NWA what more do you want

Eazy E changed hip hop
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options

If it wasn't for Eazy, No NWA, Bone Thugs, Death Row Records, Aftermath Records, Shady Records, No Ice Cube, No West Side Connection, Damn NWA family tree is to Damn big.

Eazy E changed hip hop

Can't wait until it comes out too. Anyway, you are right about this.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    ? ass ? . Google is one click away and still you wanna have a debate.

GOOGLE GODFATHER OF GANGSTA RAP!

Eazy E is the godfather. That's his title. That's his name. Even Ice t said it. He has a CD called godfather of gangsta rap.

Everybody knows eazy is wtf
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    ? ass ? . Google is one click away and still you wanna have a debate.

GOOGLE GODFATHER OF GANGSTA RAP!

Eazy E is the godfather. That's his title. That's his name. Even Ice t said it. He has a CD called godfather of gangsta rap.

Everybody knows eazy is wtf
    Even though we hardly ever seen eye to eye you are so right.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    I don't care who you feel should have the title. But Eazy took the title and no one took it from him. His alias is the godfather of gangsta rap / thread
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Eazy E changed hip hop

His status is secured but at times it is enlarged beyond truth. Jaz doesn't get anything for helping Jay-Z. All of these artist were rapping before Easy and most flourished without him. He had no part of Aftermath unless you attribute every decision Dre & Cube and others make on Easy. That's where I think it is a reach. I think he put together one of the best crews in rap. I equate him to Jerry Reinsdorf, Edward DeBartolo, or Jerry West
  • waterproof
    edited August 2014
    Options

Eazy E changed hip hop

His status is secured but at times it is enlarged beyond truth. Jaz doesn't get anything for helping Jay-Z. All of these artist were rapping before Easy and most flourished without him. He had no part of Aftermath unless you attribute every decision Dre & Cube and others make on Easy. That's where I think it is a reach. I think he put together one of the best crews in rap. I equate him to Jerry Reinsdorf, Edward DeBartolo, or Jerry West

Again if it wasn't for Eazy, Dre would of been still be Doing World Class Wrecking Cru r&b, and doing DJ parties in the hood or at Clubs and making mixtapes beat for Mixmaster ? .

Dre all about gave up on the music industry when Eazy E put that battery in his back. Dre became a home body, Eazy told him to come with him and give it another chance the rest is history.

So give respect where respect is do, Dr. Dre is my favorite producer of all times, Cube my personal favorite emcee, NWA my favorite group.

But it was Eazy that sold them his dream, Ice Cube was about to move back out of California after CIA, Eazy pulled him in.

So what I'm saying if it wasn't for Eazy making moves pulling everybody together, hip hop would of been different today, No aftermath, death row etc...
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah...

Ice-T & Just-Ice>>>>>>>>>>>
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    Nah...

Ice-T & Just-Ice>>>>>>>>>>>

Who made that ? rock though? Also, Ice was an EC half breed ? who settled in Cali. Ice even admitted that Eazy was the Godfather of it.
  • spayspay
    spayspay Members Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Easy is a legend, but he is not the "Godfather: of Gansta Rap. That moniker goes to Schoolly D. Ice T would get that before Eazy.

^ Yup. Or even KRS.
  • waterproof
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Happy BIRTHDAY EAZY-E

Eazy-E - We Want Easy (N.W.A)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igxl7YtS1vQ
  • nohiphop1
    nohiphop1 Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see mad of you negros just gonna have to watch the movie in 2015.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    nohiphop1 wrote: »
    I see mad of you negros just gonna have to watch the movie in 2015.

I can't wait till it comes out. Man I just wanna go to LA to see it there.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He may not be the father, uncle or grandpa... But I think he deserves the Godfather title, he took the child that was gangsta rap and exposed it to a world it's immediate family sheltered it from
  • ChristianRosencreutz
    Options
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice T- ? was really hitting jewelry store lick, ? was kick in it with the leaders of Rollin 30s crips in the 70s and 80s

Eazy E- Sold dope, kicked it with founders of KPCC and Gangster, Turtle, of SBCC
  • deakino
    deakino Members Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah he the godfather. he didn't birth it but he made it very well known to the massses. respect for that.
  • ikey_baby
    ikey_baby Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Options
    He is the first gangsta rapper i ever heard that really was talking gangsta ? on records. Ice t talked about the pitfalls of the life but he wasnt talking bout killing ? , cops & ? on wax. I remember hearing schooly d but he wasnt as extreme as eazy. Eazy is the ? father for the most part because he was the first ? the world heard talking gangsta ? . Eazy does it is a gangsta rap classic very unique and the first of its kind. His voice his look the authenticity he is the ? father period.