Back in Iraq: Obama Orders Airstrikes

Options

Comments

• CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Iraq as a whole let them sort it out muthafuckas been fighting since biblical times
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    Why weren't we this generous in Rwanda?

Oh....

Nvm

Kurdish Oil.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Its because of england and france. None of the countries in the middle east existed 100 years ago. After world war 1, with the collapse of the Ottaman Empire, they went in there and divided the middle east amongst each other and created the borders and countries we see today.
    so the WEIRD thing about this is "why doesn't the Ottoman Empire ever get blamed for this at all?"
    When christians captured muslim armies, they slaughtered them, when salladin captured christian armies he took their weapons and let them go.
    of course, this example of Saladin would also likely tell us that there WERE differences amongst the Christians as well. Raymond III of Tripoli is not the same as Guy of Lusignan.

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh....

Nvm

Obama wasn't President for one. Also, last i checked, Obama had soldiers all in Africa intervening in conflicts like the Kony situation. Some people to have an issue with America being in Africa at all.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options

Oh....

Nvm

Need I say more.....?

America wants to protect those oil supplies coming. Shame on Obama and foolish American officials supporting this dumb action. We just got in between a sectarian war and Iraqi civil war that American bombs won't solve anyway. Thanks a lot American govt. We just placed a big TARGET sign on all of our heads. Now let's hope that car bomb doesn't explode in Times Square or a random subway station because our bombs end up killing a bunch of civilians Israeli style.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Yea man it is a shame.

Its because of england and france. None of the countries in the middle east existed 100 years ago. After world war 1, with the collapse of the Ottaman Empire, they went in there and divided the middle east amongst each other and created the borders and countries we see today.

They gave the powers to arabs and said ? the minorities. Its probably cause arabs are greedy as ? . It worked out for the west. They been making billions off the resources in the middle east.

Same story of Africa, Asia, and South America. Basically white westeners go in cause problems, divide, cause wars, and while those people fight, die, get poorer by each generation, the white westeners ? them for their resources.

Great post, so true. A shame White crackas for so long have been the bane of humanity.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2014
    Options
    hoesarefun wrote: »
    ? Iraq as a whole let them sort it out muthafuckas been fighting since biblical times

AMEN, let the Middle East take care of Iraq. America is hated enough in that part of the world, dropping bombs on Sunni tribes is NO WAY for America to bring peace to Iraq. Let Iran, Bashar Assad and Russia get in between this civil war. Americans spent at least 25 BILLION raising those ? Iraqi troops, if 25 billion plus isn't enough to train your forces, your country doesn't deserve to exist. Time for the training wheels to come off, this ? isn't daycare.

I wish we could use cloning technology to create another Saddam Hussein. Take the DNA, put the young Saddam on an accelerated growth program and make him watch a bunch of old Saddam flicks. We'd have a better chance of quiet in Iraq doing that then dropping bombs there.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    supposedly ISIS is driving around using M1A1 Abrams tanks

as an Iraq war veteran I can tell you right now we are dumb as ? if we don't go back immediately

we don't need enemies of the US reverse engineering any of the technology we left there......even if it's considered obsolete, that ? is still lethal
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

as an Iraq war veteran I can tell you right now we are dumb as ? if we don't go back immediately

we don't need enemies of the US reverse engineering any of the technology we left there......even if it's considered obsolete, that ? is still lethal

? I'm so glad I'm out, ? iraq and afghanistan, america never learns we keep training our enemies
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2014
    Options

It's a legit fear that ISIS can reverse engineer a lot of American technology and we all feel sympathy for the people ISIS is killing off but after all this time, bombing ISIS on its own won't solve much problems anyway. If you want us to bring American troops back there, it's a strategy that means Iraq War part 3, and that's going to be another long term, expensive campaign. America can't keep doing all this ? on its own, when is the world gonna hold its own end of the bargain? Why not let NATO without America do something? Or better yet Turkey, Iran or some other random nation?

If ya'll ready for Iraq War 3, then please just say it. If not, then how long is this gonna last?
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ISIS is openly taunting American soldiers. They're actually asking American soldiers to come back to Iraq. I think we just entered Iraq War 3, if this is what ya'll want so be it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2720309/AmessagefromISIStoUS-Islamist-militants-tweet-gruesome-images-dead-American-soldiers-vow-blow-embassies-Obama-launches-airstrikes.html

Supporters of the ISIS terror group tweeted thousands of messages on Friday bearing the hashtag #AmessagefromISIStoUS featuring gruesome photos and threats to U.S. soldiers and citizens after American airstrikes took out terrorist targets in Iraq for the first time.

Some tweeted photos depict dead U.S. Army soldiers, U.S. marines hung from bridges in Fallujah, decapitated men, human heads on spikes, and the twin towers in flames on September 11, 2001.

'This is a message for every American citizen,' read one message sent with the hashtag. 'You are the target of every Muslim in the world wherever you are.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2720309/AmessagefromISIStoUS-Islamist-militants-tweet-gruesome-images-dead-American-soldiers-vow-blow-embassies-Obama-launches-airstrikes.html#ixzz3A0eQW4zS
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

article-2720309-205FE6EC00000578-96_634x654.jpg

article-2720309-205F59AD00000578-244_634x623.jpg
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2014
    Options
    More threats from ISIS

article-2720309-205F59D800000578-970_634x619.jpg

article-2720309-205F598900000578-702_634x390.jpg

Let's see how long the appetite for going back into this conflict lasts. I'll be waiting. Just like I did during the first disastrous Iraq War, that most Americans supported at one point too.....
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They give no ? gotdamn. ISIS aint ? to ? with though, there would need to be world wide support for exterminating them or the US will just be shooting itself in its foot
  • janklow
    Options
    really, taunting the US is about selling the brand, not much more (this is probably why you get threats like "we're bombing every embassy!!1 #HAWAII")
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More threats from ISIS

article-2720309-205F59D800000578-970_634x619.jpg

article-2720309-205F598900000578-702_634x390.jpg

Let's see how long the appetite for going back into this conflict lasts. I'll be waiting. Just like I did during the first disastrous Iraq War, that most Americans supported at one point too.....

Aye @Parallel is that the dude that tagged you in a tweet?
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2014
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    really, taunting the US is about selling the brand, not much more (this is probably why you get threats like "we're bombing every embassy!!1 #HAWAII")

Let's all hope this is correct. According to some people, ISIS is more dangerous then Al Qaeda and many Americans have noticed the world is basically scared to take on ISIS, with the exception of Iran and Syria. Iraqi troops have been run off, despite outnumbering ISIS 15-1. With Americans actively killing off ISIS members, the beef for sure is on now.
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Despite the motives, i am glad they bombed ISIS artillery. Good job Obama. That being said America can't even bring freedom to it's own citizen, how they gonna bring freedom to the world?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Army owns me still. If we can prolong this ? just 4 more years....
  • janklow
    Options
    Let's all hope this is correct. According to some people, ISIS is more dangerous then Al Qaeda-
    according to some people*, Peter King can go ahead and ? himself, regardless of any merits he might accidentally stumble on while running his ? mouth.

if you were thinking of someone else, okay, proceed

*me
    With Americans actively killing off ISIS members, the beef for sure is on now.
    i think between the last two administrations, Iraq's been handled badly enough that the best plan might be doing smaller things (say, blowing up ISIS artillery) and seeing what happens. it's not like a fundamentalist Islamic outfit with crazy caliphate dreams doesn't have beef with the US on SOME level regardless.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    Let's all hope this is correct. According to some people, ISIS is more dangerous then Al Qaeda-
    according to some people*, Peter King can go ahead and ? himself, regardless of any merits he might accidentally stumble on while running his ? mouth.

if you were thinking of someone else, okay, proceed

*me
    With Americans actively killing off ISIS members, the beef for sure is on now.
    i think between the last two administrations, Iraq's been handled badly enough that the best plan might be doing smaller things (say, blowing up ISIS artillery) and seeing what happens. it's not like a fundamentalist Islamic outfit with crazy caliphate dreams doesn't have beef with the US on SOME level regardless.

I hate Peter King as well lol, it seems he wants to attack and bomb the whole world. There's never enough blood for him.

As far as bombing ISIS artillery targets, I guess it's a decent position but I'm still not crazy about getting involved in an Iraqi civil war. Provoking ISIS may means mission creep eventually, although I'm totally in favor of humanitarian aid and even rescuing Yazidi refugees from that area
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    ? Army owns me still. If we can prolong this ? just 4 more years....

I hope you're right man. But if ISIS retaliates in a very hard way, get that sunscreen ready, and sadly I predict a lot of American troops will be in Iraq eventually....only a matter of time.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2014
    Options
    China is very close to Iraq, any theories on why they don't feel obligated to bomb ISIS......?

They have a pretty tough military too.
  • janklow
    Options
    I hate Peter King as well lol, it seems he wants to attack and bomb the whole world. There's never enough blood for him.
    he also has the lovely position of not really giving a ? about terrorism when it involved Irish people
    As far as bombing ISIS artillery targets, I guess it's a decent position but I'm still not crazy about getting involved in an Iraqi civil war. Provoking ISIS may means mission creep eventually, although I'm totally in favor of humanitarian aid and even rescuing Yazidi refugees from that area

i think the question you have to ask is, is it possible it's less "getting involved in an Iraqi civil war" and more "facilitating people actually working together, aside from Maliki." it's POSSIBLE it could be the latter, i guess
    eh, what have they done lately
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2014
    Options
    he also has the lovely position of not really giving a ? about terrorism when it involved Irish people

i think the question you have to ask is, is it possible it's less "getting involved in an Iraqi civil war" and more "facilitating people actually working together, aside from Maliki." it's POSSIBLE it could be the latter, i guess

My point really is why does it HAVE to be America to be doing this whole bombing campaign? We're slowly sending more troops to Iraq, just today the Pentagon announced 150 more military advisors are going back to Iraq. Meanwhile, China, which is a LOT closer to Iraq then America is, doesn't feel threatened by ISIS and also doesn't feel obligated to bomb them either. Of course, many would say it's because they know America is bombing Iraq but AGAIN, why should it only be Americans who feel obligated to take on ISIS? Especially after all the billions and blood America invested in that country?

These "military advisers" now entering Iraq is how Vietnam got started.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My point really is why does it HAVE to be America to be doing this whole bombing campaign? We're slowly sending more troops to Iraq, just today the Pentagon announced 150 more military advisors are going back to Iraq. Meanwhile, China, which is a LOT closer to Iraq then America is, doesn't feel threatened by ISIS and also doesn't feel obligated to bomb them either. Of course, many would say it's because they know America is bombing Iraq but AGAIN, why should it only be Americans who feel obligated to take on ISIS? Especially after all the billions and blood America invested in that country?

These "military advisers" now entering Iraq is how Vietnam got started.

Like i told you in another thread america has to beat isis because no one else can and if we don't it could lead to bigger problems