Cia Planned 2 ? Richard Nixon for wanting JFK Files

Options
mc317
mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2014 in The Social Lounge
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2719226/CIA-hatched-two-plots-assassinate-Nixon-sabotaged-Watergate-break-didnt-want-Vietnam-war-end-says-explosive-new-book.html
The CIA hatched two plots to assassinate Nixon and sabotaged the Watergate break-in because they didn't want the Vietnam war to end, claims explosive new book

CIA and military Joint Chiefs infiltrated the White House and spied on Nixon, the late former president's longtime confidant Roger Stone writes
The agencies wanted room to run in Vietnam but Nixon turned dovish and began a troop withdrawal after his stunning White House victory in 1968
Two separate plans were drawn up to ? him
One, quickly dismissed, was a plot to fire a missile at Nixon's vacation compound in Key Biscayne, Florida
The other involved a staged gunfight at an anti-Vietnam War convention where Nixon was to speak, with an assassin shooting him in the chaos
The CIA obtained a gun and hired an assassin, but he refused to proceed when he found out who his target was

Shut is crazy

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't click lanks bruh, copy and paste that article
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > dailymail.
    Come on get a, reputable source
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    okay, so how do we explain the CIA not doing ? to Ford or members of Congress?
    also, sabotaged the Watergate break-in to wait years to get Nixon to resign AFTER we signed the treaty with North Vietnam? huh.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anything to clean up Nixons image. I thought the reaganites were bad..
  • Opulence
    Opulence Members Posts: 19
    Options
    They should've iced him. He was top five worst US administration ever.
  • janklow
    Options
    Opulence wrote: »
    He was top five worst US administration ever.
    not really.

for one, it's really a lot of the older presidents no one remembers who had TERRIBLE administrations, and not even always when the presidents were bad guys. Grant? great dude, ? administration. also... the thing is, Nixon's administration DID do a bunch of solid stuff, they just ended it up getting busted for something dumb and combined it with Nixon being, on a personal level, a terrible guy.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Opulence wrote: »
    He was top five worst US administration ever.
    not really.

for one, it's really a lot of the older presidents no one remembers who had TERRIBLE administrations, and not even always when the presidents were bad guys. Grant? great dude, ? administration. also... the thing is, Nixon's administration DID do a bunch of solid stuff, they just ended it up getting busted for something dumb and combined it with Nixon being, on a personal level, a terrible guy.

He did a lot of ? up things beyond that one thing he got caught for. One being his sabotage of the vietnam war ceasefire before he even made it to Whitehouse. Some of the good things may not be his doing either but he was president and signed the bills, so props on that. There was also the fact that the war extended beyond vietnam under him. I'm glad he ended the war before more students got gunned up and clapped quick by police. It was looking bad for his next election.
  • janklow
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    One being his sabotage of the vietnam war ceasefire before he even made it to Whitehouse.
    i kind of wonder how much of that was NIXON and how much of that is guys playing both sides.
    There was also the fact that the war extended beyond vietnam under him.
    eh, this never bothered me because it's not like the North Vietnamese didn't have pretty much everything to do with it. if you object to the Vietnam War for a larger reason, okay, but the specific incursions? meh.
    It was looking bad for his next election.
    uh... Nixon was elected president twice, so i don't think he had to worry about the next election? or did i misunderstand that point?