The Hell? WorldStarHipHop...The Movie (Get Ready ? Will Be Yelling World Star In The Theatre)

Options
GorillaWitAttitude
GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
edited August 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
If There Was A Thread About It I Couldn't Find It
Hip-hop's guilty pleasure is coming to the big screen.

According to XXL, Russell Simmons is working with Paramount's Insurge Pictures to make a movie about WorldStarHipHop.

The magazine's site reports that the idea for the film was pitched by How To Make It In America creator Ian Edelman.

Edelman is credited with coming up with the original pitch. He also plans to direct and is scripting the film.

Deadline reports that the movie's plot is being kept under wraps but it is said to have a similar tone to Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Simmons will produce the film along with Douglas Banks, Trevor Engelson and site founder Q Worldstar.

Def Pictures, Woven, Underground, and WorldStarHipHop respectively will also be credited.

The film is slated to begin filming in New York this fall.

WorldStarHipHop has gained popularity over the years for its music videos and viral "street fight" clips.

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/8488/20140807/russell-simmons-wants-to-make-a-movie-about-infamous-site-worldstarhiphop.htm

2lkac5j.gif

My Thoughts: This is the WORST idea ever. WSHH has brought mainly negative attention to minorities especially the Black community. I'm not hating, but I just see the guy who created the site as making cash from embarrassing Black people. Nothing should be celebrated by that. If it was this site or whatnot sure, but you get the WORST site on the net. DAMN!!

Comments