Have You Guys Ever Been To A Hip-Hop Concert? (What Was Your Experience Like?)

13»

Comments

• Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been to 2 summer jams, made in America in Philly, I've seen wiz, wale, Ross, ASAP, 2chainz, tyga, j cole, jay z and eminent at Yankee stadium. last one was Kanye west at Atlantic city earlier this year. Going to Wayne vs Drake in queens next week. In all these shows whites have outnumbered black they come out and support with the exception being summer jam and Beyoncé show black girls come out for Beyoncé.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BDP_1993 wrote: »
    Went to a concert last summer with Ice Cube , De La Soul , LL Cool J, and Public Enemy.

Chuck D had Flavor Flav and Professor Griff out there too, i didnt know flavor flav could play the drums & guitar, he pretty good at it too. Cube did all the classics that ? was live af during his set and WC was out there too. LL had the old school set up, just him, a microphone , and two turntables. He did his thing too closed out the show and had the ? going crazy.

Seen Kevin Gates, Don Trip and Starlito perform at Plush last year too though idk if you consider that a concert.
    Gates crazy ass was out there in sum FSU pajamas, some house slippers and a dress shirt with a tie lol

Man Flav may be a clown, but he's a multi instrumentalist, he is talented as hell. A lot of his antics overshadow that fact tho.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can say one thing, went to see MC Hammer in 88, dude put on a live ass show, he was really like James Brown out there,
    2 Live Crew
    NWA
    Ghetto Boys
    Kid and Play
    Queen Latifah
    MC Lyte
    Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff
    P.E.
    De La Soul
    ATCQ
    Little Brother
    Mobb Deep
    EPMD
    Redman
    Black Star
    BDK
    The Pharcyde
    The Roots
    Common
    Run DMC
    and many more, and a lot of rappers cats think are boring, see them in concert, they put on a show, showmanship at it's best
  • Mr. Rich Pryor
    Mr. Rich Pryor Members Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can say one thing, went to see MC Hammer in 88, dude put on a live ass show, he was really like James Brown out there,
    2 Live Crew
    NWA
    Ghetto Boys
    Kid and Play
    Queen Latifah
    MC Lyte
    Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff
    P.E.
    De La Soul
    ATCQ
    Little Brother
    Mobb Deep
    EPMD
    Redman
    Black Star
    BDK
    The Pharcyde
    The Roots
    Common
    Run DMC
    and many more, and a lot of rappers cats think are boring, see them in concert, they put on a show, showmanship at it's best
    i salute u @kinghassan
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw B.I.G at UCONN
    Onyx
    CL Smooth
    Doug E Fresh
    M.O.P
    Camron
    NORE
    Wu
    Summer Jams 97-04
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seen the Ninja Turtles in concert in the 90's...
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw snoop and Dj Quik,
    (that ? was cool dispite the onstage brawl that broke out and some chum gettin ran over by a truck infront of us in the parking lot after)

Saw coolio perform at a college campus

Saw westide Connection at house of blues

Saw Dmx and the Ruff ryders perform out here with ? and Redman

Saw naughty by nature back in the day

Still wanna see Busta Rhymes...everybody i know that went to one of hia shows swear on their lives he is the best live performer ever.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love live concert adrenaline.

Thats something you cant gadge just bumping an mp3 download except for maybe the Anti up M.O.P joint or DMX ruff ryders anthem
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Apoptosis wrote: »
    I went to a J.Cole concert. Hoes were fainting and ? when he came out.

yeah i been to 3 cole concerts and all 3 were live as ? . its funny how people say hes boring on here but his concerts be live as ? . the females at the concerts be some bad college biddies. but you still got ? in they late teens early 20's who are knowledgeable hip hop fans as well.

I used to go to more hip hop shows back in college from 08-12. But this year i only been to see Jay-Z. Honestly there are 3 things i hate about the majority of hip hop shows even ones with crazy energy:

1. Partial performances of songs (that a rapper could perform by themselves)

2. The DJ sounds/music being louder than a live band playing

3. Lazy rappers who depend too much on backing tracks or don't have showmanship to entertain a crowd

Don't get me wrong been to some dope hip hop shows. But honestly allot of these youngn's and even some older cats be putting on some weak shows.

@Monizzle14‌

U ain't lying them sororities chicks be bad as ?
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ICE CUBE been only artist seen EVER. ? was DOPE. Dude sounded great, energy was great, Got ? as ? and still remembered it all. Alcohol did not get the better of me that night, I was too much enjoying myself.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im expecting more ? on here to say

"I smoked some sherm with xzibit n we talked about the industry bak in 98"

"Or i talked to krs one he was selln cassetes in 90s we chopped it up about hip hop"
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    ill echo most replies in this thread and say that when u go to a live show...u really see why certain mcs are so successful...

ive mentioned before here...i went to a boosie show back in early 06 and he took the roof off the place...im talkin put it all out there and had the crowd in his hands...

rakim is still the best mc ive ever seen live tho and his live show is why he is the second greatest rapper of all time to me next to pac.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to a Curren$y concert in Austin once.
    Got a contact high by the time I left.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Ball & G joint
    Lupe
    Little Brother
    Jay was the last concert I've been to.

Enjoyed myself at all the venues. Prolly gonna catch Krit soon, and I hope to catch Nas before it's all said and done. The Roots would be dope too.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Redman & Method Man
    Cypress Hill
    the whole Wu
    Talib Kweli and Hi Tek
    Mos Def
    Nas and Nas/Damian Marley
    The Roots
    Common
    Jay Electronica
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Big Boi
    AZ
    Rakim
    Slaughterhouse

Some others I forgot.

A Tribe Called Quest was the best show.

After ATCQ it's The Roots and Redman

Nas/Damian was pretty ill too. Damian did Bob Marleys One Love then they flipped it into Nas One Love
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Dave Chapelle Block Party: Greatest show on earth (This shorty called and told me she got the free tickets to the secret Dave Chapelle Block party i new nothing about. Later, I heard Dave Chapelle was smoking with the homies on the next block. Secret location was right around the corner. Saw everyone perform and got up front with fake wrist bands. They let the community in later)
    dave-chappelles-block-party.jpg?w=580&h=420&crop=1

A few Brooklyn Bodega events (saw Lupe, Kane, Fat Joe, Black Moon and many more). Smh at missing Jay Elect though.
    bhhf_fest.jpg

Yeezus @ Barclays. First arena concert. Kendrick came out (he was so so and i didn't know about Tribe, smh)
    mgid:uma:image:mtv.com:8611330?width=660&height=495&maxdimension=2000?w=580&h=420&crop=1

Teriaki Boyz @ Summer Stage (It was a free concert and i was just out with my peoples, wack as ? )
    502921200423796.jpg

Went to a few others that i barely remember..

• GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Dave Chapelle Block Party: Greatest show on earth (This shorty called and told me she got the free tickets to the secret Dave Chapelle Block party i new nothing about. Later, I heard Dave Chapelle was smoking with the homies on the next block. Secret location was right around the corner. Saw everyone perform and got up front with fake wrist bands. They let the community in later)
    dave-chappelles-block-party.jpg?w=580&h=420&crop=1

A few Brooklyn Bodega events (saw Lupe, Kane, Fat Joe, Black Moon and many more). Smh at missing Jay Elect though.
    bhhf_fest.jpg

Yeezus @ Barclays. First arena concert. Kendrick came out (he was so so and i didn't know about Tribe, smh)
    mgid:uma:image:mtv.com:8611330?width=660&height=495&maxdimension=2000?w=580&h=420&crop=1

Teriaki Boyz @ Summer Stage (It was a free concert and i was just out with my peoples, wack as ? )
    502921200423796.jpg

Went to a few others that i barely remember..

That's cool fam
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BDP_1993 wrote: »
    Went to a concert last summer with Ice Cube , De La Soul , LL Cool J, and Public Enemy.

Chuck D had Flavor Flav and Professor Griff out there too, i didnt know flavor flav could play the drums & guitar, he pretty good at it too. Cube did all the classics that ? was live af during his set and WC was out there too. LL had the old school set up, just him, a microphone , and two turntables. He did his thing too closed out the show and had the ? going crazy.

Seen Kevin Gates, Don Trip and Starlito perform at Plush last year too though idk if you consider that a concert.
    Gates crazy ass was out there in sum FSU pajamas, some house slippers and a dress shirt with a tie lol

Man Flav may be a clown, but he's a multi instrumentalist, he is talented as hell. A lot of his antics overshadow that fact tho.

Coming up in a later generation i knew about PE but all i really knew about him is that he was the hypeman and was on Flavor of Love. Thought he was just Chuck's goofy ass sidekick but he plays over ten instruments and is pretty intelligent but i know being around Proff.Griff and Chuck you cant be no slouch