Who Do You Blame The Most For The East Coast/West Coast Rivalry?

Options
Antwuan89
Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
Tupac?
Biggie?
Suge?
Diddy?

In Your Opinion Who Do You Blame The Most For East/West Feud And Why?

Comments

• GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I blame Tim Dog for actually trying to start beef with Compton. However, Pac and Biggie took it to another level. To answer your questions its really no one to blame EXCEPT for the media. ? just sorta popped off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwzeM2J3Emk

P.S. Pac could have avoided the situation. If he would have stopped hanging wit the street folk. Big even told him not to mess with those people like Haitian Jack and etc. Most of that ? was for sales though. Even though Big and Pac had a lotta tension.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The media wanted that beef to happen more than anyone.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    The media

^
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    A combination of everybody the rappers and the media.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Suge and Tutu Shakur are to blame for that fuckery...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The media

/Thread
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I blame the media and Suge Knight. During the source awards Suge let everyone know how he felt and Snoop couldn't wait to say what he said. NY wasn't hating on the West like people think. Ever since the source awards ? took off.

#facts

Nosign. You gotta remember The Source awards weren't televised and nobody had the internet when that happened. Nobody knew that Suge made that comment until several years later, unless you were actually there.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Impressionable fools and the media.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I blame the media and Suge Knight. During the source awards Suge let everyone know how he felt and Snoop couldn't wait to say what he said. NY wasn't hating on the West like people think. Ever since the source awards ? took off.

#facts

Nosign. You gotta remember The Source awards weren't televised and nobody had the internet when that happened. Nobody knew that Suge made that comment until several years later, unless you were actually there.

I'm confused. What part of my post are you no signing? I didn't say if the 1995 Source Awards was televised which it was at MSG. The year before wasn't. Ralph Mcdaniels was showing clips on Video Music Box. I'm also confused about know one not knowing Suge made those comments. Almost everyone knew. It was in the magazines and newspapers. what the hell you talking about?

Are you telling me the 1995 Source Awards were televised at Madison Square Garden?

I was living in Boston at the time and I knew nothing about The Source Awards. You gotta remember Video Music Box was only broadcast in NYC. It's not a nationwide show.

Also, you say "it was in the magazines and newspapers" Which magazines and newspapers if you don't mind me asking?
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The media

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Westside Connection took the beef to another level before pac did.

They had a damn album called bow down, telling the east to kiss their rings. Video for it and all. The entire album was a diss against the eastcoast. In every song there is an eastcoast diss.

Hell the group was formed because they were ? at the critics in New York.

Cube my ? but i'll blame him.
  • deakino
    deakino Members Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Suge and the media
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options

#facts

I'm confused. What part of my post are you no signing? I didn't say if the 1995 Source Awards was televised which it was at MSG. The year before wasn't. Ralph Mcdaniels was showing clips on Video Music Box. I'm also confused about know one not knowing Suge made those comments. Almost everyone knew. It was in the magazines and newspapers. what the hell you talking about?

Are you telling me the 1995 Source Awards were televised at Madison Square Garden?

I was living in Boston at the time and I knew nothing about The Source Awards. You gotta remember Video Music Box was only broadcast in NYC. It's not a nationwide show.

Also, you say "it was in the magazines and newspapers" Which magazines and newspapers if you don't mind me asking?

I didn't know Boston was relevant in this war.. The proper people states involved knew.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westside Connection took the beef to another level before pac did.

They had a damn album called bow down, telling the east to kiss their rings. Video for it and all. The entire album was a diss against the eastcoast. In every song there is an eastcoast diss.

Hell the group was formed because they were ? at the critics in New York.

Cube my ? but i'll blame him.

Westside connect did run with it after they saw the pub they were getting! Bow down was meant to be a diss to the east side of LA. Some people took it as a slight diss towards death row and what they had going on.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac primarily!
    Suge, snoop and random west coast rap fans/rappers were next who fed into it.

And lastly the media. Yeah u can blame the media for spreading/highlighting the "beef" and sensationalizing it but let's not kid ourselves....

...? started it, primarily tupac.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blame suge, Pac's insecurities, and the media . Next to blame would be any rapper who participated in the beef!