Gamescom 2014: Rise of the Tomb Raider Is Xbox One Exclusive

Options
achewon87
achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
Rise of the Tomb Raider is an Xbox One exclusive, Microsoft announced during its press briefing at Gamescom 2014.

"In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider," Microsoft said during Rise of the Tomb Raider's E3 announcement. "Featuring epic, high-octane action moments, Rise of the Tomb Raider will take gamers to multiple locations around the world filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth. In addition, after hearing the cry from fans loud and clear, the game will put the tombs back into “Tomb Raider" all in the franchise’s gritty Survival-Action style."

Crystal Dynamics sequel to Tomb Raider launches in Holiday 2015.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/gamescom-2014-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-is-xbox-one-exclusive

Comments

• achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1st was a pretty great game...

No mention of time exclusive or not, so PC & PS4 players may get left out here...

I think it was a good move for XB1 owners but not sure it will move console's...

Have to say XB1 lineup looking better and better as time goes by...
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    I think it was a good move for XB1 owners but not sure it will move consoles..

exactly.

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yet ANOTHER Xbox exclusive.

Sony should've never ? off M$.

I saw that re-PlayStation 4 was combining its two great loves, indies and ports, for a Journey/Unfinished Swan HD HD remix tho. Thats nice.

I wonder when Killzone: ShawdowFall will get its 1080p re-release?
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
    that's ok xbox could have that we got kojima's new silent hill game.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    that's ok xbox could have that we got kojima's new silent hill game.

That's coming out on Xbox too, isn't it? I'd rather have the Tomb Raider game as I never really cared for Silent Hill. To each his own though.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn lol the Internet is in a frenzy sony stans are really hurt by this
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And I honestly can't understand why. I didn't even bother to finish the first one.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seeing as how the game has always been on PS and sells better on PS why would the fans not be upset?

Uncharted is better and will sell better anyway and this will only hurt TR even more.Common sense would tell anyone this is a dumb move.
    focus wrote: »
    Yet ANOTHER Xbox exclusive.

Sony should've never ? off M$.

I saw that re-PlayStation 4 was combining its two great loves, indies and ports, for a Journey/Unfinished Swan HD HD remix tho. Thats nice.

I wonder when Killzone: ShawdowFall will get its 1080p re-release?

MS had nothing but indies and multiplat games.This was the only interesting announcements at their conference.It will be ported later obviously, but why are you no longer making sales threads?

gematsu.com/2014/08/playstation-4-tops-10-million-sold-worldwide

More like MS desperation,rather than being ? off after the way they been pounded in sales.

LOL@ ports when Halo collection will be the biggest thing exclusively on X1.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    1st was a pretty great game...

No mention of time exclusive or not, so PC & PS4 players may get left out here...

I think it was a good move for XB1 owners but not sure it will move console's...

Have to say XB1 lineup looking better and better as time goes by...

Of course it won't which is another waste of money.Just like Titanfall. At the end of the day this move will be pointless just like every other move.Rinse and repeat.
  • John_Blazini
    Options

And I honestly can't understand why. I didn't even bother to finish the first one.

It was dope
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    Vulcan u sound upset by all of this. ... eventually it will be the same as last gen. .multiplayer on xbox will be better ps will have good SP games
  • VulcanRaven
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I'm not a TR fan so no ? given just recognize the BS tactic as usual.MP is already better on PS and more popular since the PS4 has more than 5 million lead.Only thing the same is MS paying third parties.Don't need to be upset to state the facts as this was expected and nothing new.Just found it funny.

BTW!
    tBWaOfp.jpg

Not surprised.Timed.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It was dope

Not to me. Hence why I didn't bother to finish it.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options

BTW!
    tBWaOfp.jpg

Not surprised.Timed.

Opened this thread to say this.
    Microsoft doing anything to attempt to push units.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Square Enix ? and moaned like crazy about how little Tomb Raider sold (even though the numbers were actually impressive) and then they go and potentially slash their sales for the next Tomb Raider by two-thirds by signing an exclusively deal with Microsoft who think the best way to challenge Sony is to buy up third party exclusives instead of investing in their own studios and funding their own first part games.

People have every right to get angry about stuff like this. Third party exclusivity deals in this day and age just does not make any sense for studios and has zero benefit for consumers. The mob has spoken: most people are buying PS4s, and a lot of people just aren't willing to splash out on more than one console, and for Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix to do this just for a short term pay cheque is just creating bad will with the people that actually buy their products and keep them afloat.

I don't even ? with video games these days apart from owning a Vita (last console was a PS2), but I can still understand why the Internet is in uproar. These deals only benefit the suits and not the people who actually play video games.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BTW!
    tBWaOfp.jpg

Not surprised.Timed.

Opened this thread to say this.
    Microsoft doing anything to attempt to push units.

Timed exclusively deals are still ? and make Microsoft look desparate. I know they need sales but surely they can think of better ways then getting the same game some months before their rivals.
  • earth two superman
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Its not like this is a new IP like Sunset or Titan, which you make exclusive to start something and test the waters. TR sold over a million copies more on sony. Its pretty much just MS getting a hit and showing how much money they have. Or they saw Nintendo and Bayonetta and wanted something like that. But im pretty sure that ? is gonna flop too and do nothing to move units.

I think I've watched more hours of Tomb Raider movies than I've ever played Tomb Raider games. So this matters ? to me, but still. From a business standpoint, its stupid. Its like Marvel only playing Guardians of the Galaxy in movie theaters in Wyoming lol

I wonder if Square would have the ? to do this with a Final Fantasy game though
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being timed exclusive just makes it so I won't be buying it, got the first one for free on Ps plus it was cool but I'm not going to pay for it 3-6 months after it come out
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I do think Microsoft is desperate, but not for the reasons some people think. I think the biggest threats to the Xbox brand are internal, not Sony. A lot of people within Microsoft, including board members, believe that the company should step back from hardware altogether and focus more on Windows and their Enterprise software. I think the XBox team is basically doing any and everything they can to keep it seen as a worthwhile investment.
  • earth two superman
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yeah it looks like it's timed now. Should be on at least PC at one point, if not PS4 too.

Put focus on Robin Williams' watch
  • focus
    Options
    Its not like this is a new IP like Sunset or Titan, which you make exclusive to start something and test the waters. TR sold over a million copies more on sony. Its pretty much just MS getting a hit and showing how much money they have. Or they saw Nintendo and Bayonetta and wanted something like that. But im pretty sure that ? is gonna flop too and do nothing to move units.

I think I've watched more hours of Tomb Raider movies than I've ever played Tomb Raider games. So this matters ? to me, but still. From a business standpoint, its stupid. Its like Marvel only playing Guardians of the Galaxy in movie theaters in Wyoming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM
  • focus
    Options

Just like Titanfall.

LOL. ? still mad about Titanfall exclusivity. Don't watch this new trailer, your heart will shatter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic0lWwZ8Q8U
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    Lmao how many of you have business degrees...i swear u ? talk sales like you own stock....MS right now was the highlight of games con and has grown men on the Internet in rage mode and tears.. ? crazy..
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Just like Titanfall.

LOL. ? still mad about Titanfall exclusivity. Don't watch this new trailer, your heart will shatter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic0lWwZ8Q8U

Titanfall was trash though.
    Who's really mad about that?

? are really out here proudly being Microsoft or Sony fanboys/fuckboys

PC Master Race >>>>>
  • focus
    Options

John Cena is garbage

Iou6Os1.gif

[-(