http://youtu.be/nMP_P45F8Ho

Silent Hill
http://youtu.be/4a-ZvD1qrGc

Bloodborne - Gameplay
http://youtu.be/CtdwWiTl76s

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Bloodborne drops, I cop a PS4. I'm also interested in that Rime game, but I'm unsure if it has any combat or not.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At Sony's Gamescom press conference, PlayStation 4's firmware update 2.0 was outlined, and will be coming soon to the console.

A big feature of firmware 2.0 are options surrounding your friends, particularly finding like-minded friends. The new firmware update will also recommend friends for you. Gameplay videos, as previously promised, will also be able to be updated directly to YouTube.

However, the biggest feature is SharePlay. SharePlay is a way for you and your friends to play the same game virtually, no matter where you are. If you're in front of a PS4 and your friend is, you can share the same game cooperatively or competitively, without both of you having to actually own the game. From the sound of it, this could be pretty major.

Here's more on Share Play, directly from The PlayStation Blog.

The best way to think about Share Play is like a “virtual couch”. PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game—even when they don’t own a copy of it. With this first-of-its-kind feature, you’ll be able to play games with a friend just as if you were together in the same room. Let’s say that with games… you’ll be able to invite your friend online to play against the Miami Heat for the championship as the San Antonio Spurs in NBA2K, tackle the challenging Towerfall Ascension Quest Mode together, or aide, heal, and protect you as Igniculus in Child of Light’s local co-op mode.

With Share Play, you can even jump into a game to assist a friend. For example, if there is part of a game that you can’t quite finish, you can invite a friend to take over your controls. Like handing over the controller to a friend on your couch, your screen will be shared as your friend gets through the part of the game that has been giving you trouble—can’t get past that part in The Last of Us: Remastered when you’re hanging upside down? Get a little help.

We'll have more on firmware 2.0 soon.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/gamescom-sony-outlines-ps4-firmware-20-share-play
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read about this today ........ got me curious .... very interesting if it does work properly
  • jvlioo
    jvlioo Members Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »
    At Sony's Gamescom press conference, PlayStation 4's firmware update 2.0 was outlined, and will be coming soon to the console.

A big feature of firmware 2.0 are options surrounding your friends, particularly finding like-minded friends. The new firmware update will also recommend friends for you. Gameplay videos, as previously promised, will also be able to be updated directly to YouTube.

However, the biggest feature is SharePlay. SharePlay is a way for you and your friends to play the same game virtually, no matter where you are. If you're in front of a PS4 and your friend is, you can share the same game cooperatively or competitively, without both of you having to actually own the game. From the sound of it, this could be pretty major.

The best way to think about Share Play is like a “virtual couch”. PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game—even when they don’t own a copy of it. With this first-of-its-kind feature, you’ll be able to play games with a friend just as if you were together in the same room. Let’s say that with games… you’ll be able to invite your friend online to play against the Miami Heat for the championship as the San Antonio Spurs in NBA2K, tackle the challenging Towerfall Ascension Quest Mode together, or aide, heal, and protect you as Igniculus in Child of Light’s local co-op mode.

With Share Play, you can even jump into a game to assist a friend. For example, if there is part of a game that you can’t quite finish, you can invite a friend to take over your controls. Like handing over the controller to a friend on your couch, your screen will be shared as your friend gets through the part of the game that has been giving you trouble—can’t get past that part in The Last of Us: Remastered when you’re hanging upside down? Get a little help.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/gamescom-sony-outlines-ps4-firmware-20-share-play

So share play is what everyone was going crazy about before the console dropped? And I'm assuming that you will need to both own the game. (I mention this because I know someone will ask and/or will try. I'll spare them the trouble.)
  • achewon87
    jvlioo wrote: »

So share play is what everyone was going crazy about before the console dropped? And I'm assuming that you will need to both own the game. (I mention this because I know someone will ask and/or will try. I'll spare them the trouble.)

"...If you're in front of a PS4 and your friend is, you can share the same game cooperatively or competitively, without both of you having to actually own the game."
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rime, Wild, Bloodborne and Tearaway Unfolded were the best reveals to me. I will be getting all of those and The Order next year as far as exclusives. Tearaway was good on Vita, but the PS4 version (not a port,more of a remake) looks great using all the DS4 features.Don't sleep, especially if you like LBP.Next year is huge when you throw in Batman, MGS, The Witcher and U4.Not a shortage of games and who know what else is coming.
  • achewon87
    I liked this one more than E3, more games shown here...

And share play is going to be great as long as it works like they say it will, definetly going to change the way you play and buy games. If your homie is trying to sell you on a game you can try it pretty much risk free without having to go borrow the game, you can drive to the store instead to buy it if you like it...

Sony went all out with horror games this go around they all seem interesting, if Silent Hills is anything like the first game then it should be quality...

Bloodborne is going to be great as long as they balance the difficulty cause most people are not ready for Demon Souls difficulty lol...
  • joshuaboy
    Didn't even know there was a games conference going on ....... been missing a lot
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

"...If you're in front of a PS4 and your friend is, you can share the same game cooperatively or competitively, without both of you having to actually own the game."

Ready for the catch? There is a 60 minute time limit that Sony neglected to mention during their press conference. PlayStation+ is also required for both people.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/ps4-update-share-play-lasts-one-hour/
  • achewon87
    focus wrote: »

Ready for the catch? There is a 60 minute time limit that Sony neglected to mention during their press conference. PlayStation+ is also required for both people.

I wouldn't say neglected, they did not go into much detail about it...

They did mention that in order to play competitively both players would need to have PS+ but only the 1 sending the invite would need PS+ in order to play co-op...

Even if it's only 60 minutes a day, week or whatever, it's still 60 minutes more than what any of the other competitors are offering as they don't even have that feature yet...
  • focus
    edited August 2014

They did mention that in order to play competitively both players would need to have PS+ but only the 1 sending the invite would need PS+ in order to play co-op...

Even if it's only 60 minutes a day, week or whatever, it's still 60 minutes more than what any of the other competitors are offering as they don't even have that feature yet...

We don't know if its a day, or week or whatever and when Sony was asked specifically that they pled the fifth, which doesn't inspire confidence.

Steam already offers this feature with no time limit, which is what M$ was proposing to mimic when the XBO was announced with Family Sharing, but people cried.

Remember this?

how-it-works.png
  • achewon87

We don't know if its a day, or week or whatever and when Sony was asked specifically that they pled the fifth, which doesn't inspire confidence.

Steam already offers this feature with no time limit, which is what M$ was proposing to mimic when the XBO was announced with Family Sharing, but people cried.

Remember this?

how-it-works.png

M$ should have stayed the course with the Family Sharing...

Your pictograph is a tad misleading info though, you can game share very easily on the PS4 and still play the games together and @ the same time, provided it's a digital copy...

I think your confused with what share play actually does...
  • joshuaboy
    confusing Game Share with Share Play
  • focus
    edited August 2014

Right now it sounds like paid demos, except only Sony gets the money, not the publishers since they have no control or say in this.

Game Share is just the ability to play your digital game on a different console. But you have to be logged in. 360 had this, and I think PS3 did too. Am I missing something?

I don't understand how either Game Share or Share Play would be better than Family Sharing like Steam and what XBO proposed?

• Bcotton5
    Rime, Wild, Bloodborne and Tearaway Unfolded were the best reveals to me. I will be getting all of those and The Order next year as far as exclusives. Tearaway was good on Vita, but the PS4 version (not a port,more of a remake) looks great using all the DS4 features.Don't sleep, especially if you like LBP.Next year is huge when you throw in Batman, MGS, The Witcher and U4.Not a shortage of games and who know what else is coming.

I got terraway on my phone and never played it
  • Bcotton5
    Ps3 had true gamesharing since day 1
  • VulcanRaven
    edited August 2014
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Tearaway is not a mobile game.You must be confused.
  • VulcanRaven

Remember this?

how-it-works.png

M$ should have stayed the course with the Family Sharing...

Your pictograph is a tad misleading info though, you can game share very easily on the PS4 and still play the games together and @ the same time, provided it's a digital copy...

He's just angry that now Tomb Raider is confirmed to only be timed exclusive MS conference is worst than it was originally.LOL That was the only interesting announcement.
  • achewon87
    Ether One, the highly rated PC adventure game from White Paper Games, is headed to PlayStation 4.

The developers announced they intend to update the PC game for the console experience, as opposed to simply porting it. "The exciting thing about releasing on PS4 is that we’ll be creating Ether One from scratch in the new Unreal Engine 4. That means it’s not just a direct port, we’ll be re-building it again in UE4 to make it feel great on console."

Ether One is a mix of adventure and puzzle game with a an underlying story about dementia. Players must enter the mind of a dementia patient in order to restore them. According to White Paper Gamer, "Our aim with Ether One is to tell a story about how fragile the human mind can be and what it would mean for someone close to you to not even be able to recognize you anymore."

The game allows players to either follow the basic path and experience the story, or play additional puzzles that add more meat to the game. It was originally released for PC in March, receiving a 7.9 from us.

Ether One - PS 4 Gamescom Trailer
    http://youtu.be/aif06WGc_Oo
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

he means terraria.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

Right now it sounds like paid demos, except only Sony gets the money, not the publishers since they have no control or say in this.

Game Share is just the ability to play your digital game on a different console. But you have to be logged in. 360 had this, and I think PS3 did too. Am I missing something?

I don't understand how either Game Share or Share Play would be better than Family Sharing like Steam and what XBO proposed?

That's not what game share is at all.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4s-upcoming-game-sharing-feature-limits-you-to-6/1100-6421730/

Basically, if your friend has a game, you connect to them and play multiplayer or take control of their singleplayer on you console whether you have the game or not. It's supposed to be a similar experience to if you were over at their crib playing alongside them only in reality you are at your spot playing on your system.

There is a 60 minute limit per session, but there is no limit to the number of sessions. So you can basically play or an hour and then start another session immediately when the first one ends. It seems like it's more or less screen that will stop the host from just leaving his system on and allowing someone else to play indefinitely.
  • Bcotton5

he means terraria.

Yra
  • VulcanRaven

he means terraria.

I figured that,but he should know the difference between the two lol