Shout out to that All-black Little League team from ChiRaq's southside.....

Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
I saw those kids...out here DESTROYING teams right now.

Hope they make it.

jackie.jpg

250541_1280x720.jpg

248770_1280x720.jpg

*Young Black Excellence*

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real life Hardball
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shorty was looking like Ryan Howard out there locked in 3 home runs
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of them boys goin league.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hopefully this is a way out and i dont have to read about a few of em getting killed in a few months
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MLB need to try to get more black youths back into baseball..could help salvage their league
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Pops always told me in the 70's all kids played baseball.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Pops always told me in the 70's all kids played baseball.

Especially in chicago
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That girl pitcher that play for another team dominatplay too

Yea they talked about her on first take she throws a 70mph ball but her dream is to play pg for uconn
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im rooting for them boys out the chi and Mo'ne outta PA as well.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    MLB need to try to get more black youths back into baseball..could help salvage their league

to their credit they are trying as hard a ? . they are praying for Andrew McCutchen ass ? to play. They been had RBI programs in the hood and had pro players come out and insire the kids. The issue is little league is boring as ? . Not just for the kids but for the parents sitting around all damn summer in at least 1 or 2 leagues if not a 3rd sumer ball league pending other sports they play.

White kids not even playing baseball like that anymore. Many of them are going to lacrosse. Some i knew through my hockey days ended up playing spring hockey leagues instead of baseball because its too slow. Not to mention these cats are getting overworked pitching wise and those bats they have now have big ass sweet spots and kids aren't learning to hit the right way cause they depend on the sweet spot. If i had those bats those cats had back in my neighborhood playing days 10 years ago i would be nailing homeruns all day err day.

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope the lil homies make it..... and shout out to mo'ne davis
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Word that ? Adamn Jones from the O's was talkin bout that ? a few months back on First Take I think it was..
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea they talked about her on first take she throws a 70mph ball but her dream is to play pg for uconn

Thought they said she threw 1 in the low 90s too I might have been trippin tho
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ericb4prez wrote: »

Thought they said she threw 1 in the low 90s too I might have been trippin tho

Haha hell no. With Little League's 45 foot mound her fastball is the equivalent of a 90 mph fastball with a 60 foot mound which is the professional length and the length you go to after Little League (Babe Ruth League)
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea jus read that it translates to 90 in the MLB the announcer said 90 when I was watching the other day that's why I thought I was trippin
  • Rampage12
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Yea jus read that it translates to 90 in the MLB the announcer said 90 when I was watching the other day that's why I thought I was trippin

You remember that Danny Almonte dude that was like 16 that illegally played in the LLWS like 10-11 years ago? I remember his ? translated to like 101 mph. Haha ? obviously ain't impressive at all though considering any decent 16 year old baseball player could dominate Little Leaguers.
  • Rampage12
    So from what I looked up they're still in it and playing Nevada next??? Nevada did win 12-2 in their last game but played South Dakota which ain't really a baseball hotbed.
  • Rampage12
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

to their credit they are trying as hard a ? . they are praying for Andrew McCutchen ass ? to play. They been had RBI programs in the hood and had pro players come out and insire the kids. The issue is little league is boring as ? . Not just for the kids but for the parents sitting around all damn summer in at least 1 or 2 leagues if not a 3rd sumer ball league pending other sports they play.

White kids not even playing baseball like that anymore. Many of them are going to lacrosse. Some i knew through my hockey days ended up playing spring hockey leagues instead of baseball because its too slow. Not to mention these cats are getting overworked pitching wise and those bats they have now have big ass sweet spots and kids aren't learning to hit the right way cause they depend on the sweet spot. If i had those bats those cats had back in my neighborhood playing days 10 years ago i would be nailing homeruns all day err day.

Yeah, they definitely trying and they're really not as sparse as you'd think. Hell my Braves have a all-black outfield although B.J. Upton ? sucks and needs to be benched or released asap. Gotta suck to have your own younger brother on the same team having a great year while your hitting .208.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh I'm chasing that baseball money when I have a son.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Bruh I'm chasing that baseball money when I have a son.

? be on 2 year 25 million dollar contracts n ? ....i'd definitely put my son through baseball camps.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They about to play on ABC in 10 min
  • Chef_Taylor
    Im about to watch now.