WTF? "Silent Hills" Playable Teaser Demo (Playstation 4).

Options
Cocoa_Butter
Cocoa_Butter Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
10570105_1533930553485489_1073437379_a.jpg
The gaming community has been overcome with horror this week thanks to the playable teaser ( or "P.T." on the Playstation store) for Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro's new installment in the Silent Hill franchise. When it was first discovered that the free title P.T. on PSN was actually a teaser for the new game starring The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus, PlayStation 4 users flocked to their consoles to experience the frights, thrills and chills of the short-but-spooky teaser.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/16/7-terrifying-moments-in-the-silent-hills-playable-teaser

igWAHRXCjXq71.gif
original.jpg?w=600&h
SH-PT_Hallway-3-720x405.jpg
I just finished watching IGN's walkthrough for this ? , with my headphones on, in the dark, and I must say, this ? had me a little creeped.

I won't go into too much detail, but the demo is basically a "loop." You pretty much have to make your way down a hallway and reach the door at the end of the hall. The door, however will only open when you've noticed certain details and clues within the house that can trigger certain events. If you notice the right details, the door will open, however doing certain ? might get you ? up. There's so much detail to pay attention to. Each "loop" will bring a different outcome depending on what you do. It took people HOURS to beat this ? .

For those who wanna play the demo, IGN posted a list of steps to beat the demo. It's long as ? .
http://www.ign.com/wikis/silent-hills/P.T._Demo_Walkthrough

If you wanna watch the demo, here's IGN's walkthrough .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrL8ybvDSkA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCx2aFG4TYk

Comments

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not watching the the playthru of the PT cuz I don't feel like ? on myself, but I will be getting this ? when I get a PS4. Granted I will be playing with all the lights on judging from what I have seen...
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's quite possibly the scariest game I have played...

The sounds alone are pretty disturbing...
    The only survival horror game I could ever really play was Resident Evil 2.....everything else got me too shook. I still haven't finished Dead Space and I've had that game since 2010.

Dead Space is pretty scary, the 2nd is more action orientated but still pretty scary, great atmosphere and sound design in those games...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could we be seeing the start of a new golden age in horror games?
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

Nope....because when a horror game becomes popular they transform it to action because they want to "appease to a broader audience. "
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks dope but I can't get wit this or any of survival horror games in my adulthood.

? around and end up having to replace my TV after throwing my controller thru it if somethin jump out the wrong way.

• jvlioo
    jvlioo Members Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muthafucking P.T! Damn near kicked my TV over...
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    CHICAGO_BREED Members Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm stuck like a ?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just from the still on that 1st youtube clip, i aint clickin ? lol

but if its as scary as they say, might be a must cop.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol ? really scared of video games like that? Ya'll are funny.

From the sounds of it, they'll hook some ? like this up with the Project Morpheus and give somebody a heart attack.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hideo Kojima don't ? around with weird ? in MGS, what y'all think hes gonna do in a horror game? You're damn right I am shook, I still remember MGS2 on arsenal gear. Had me peakin out my windows as a kid expecting the feds or something to pull up.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny how different my reaction to this stuff is now. I fell asleep standing up playing the first Silent Hill in Toys R Us because I didn't know it was supposed to be scary. All I knew was I kept running through this seemingly endless fog with the occasional static on the radio. Then I had to wack these little ? with a plank.

Next thing I know my sister waking me up telling me it's time to go.

This, however, ain't that. The YouTube stills got me on chill lol.
  • Karl.
    Options

Nope....because when a horror game becomes popular they transform it to action because they want to "appease to a broader audience. "

That's what's been happening. This game along with a few other seem to be heading in the right direction again.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only survival horror game I could ever really play was Resident Evil 2.....everything else got me too shook. I still haven't finished Dead Space and I've had that game since 2010.

I beat dead space 1&2 and im running through the 3rd one with my bro now, I never played a horror game like deadspace before honestly there wasn't anything like it when it first came out , they did a great job of making you never ever feel safe with their vent system i ran from my game a couple of times i won't lie
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah I'm good with this one. I'll check out that walkthrough when it drops though.
    i watched a resident evil 1 walkthrough this past weekend like i really played the game and ?
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah....I just watched the demo....I'm not ? with this ? .....I'll watch a youtube playthrough in a well lit area when it comes out.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I beat dead space 1&2 and im running through the 3rd one with my bro now, I never played a horror game like deadspace before honestly there wasn't anything like it when it first came out , they did a great job of making you never ever feel safe with their vent system i ran from my game a couple of times i won't lie

You can never let your guard down in DS...

I enjoyed 3, not being stuck on just 1 haunted spaceship or space station add in the weapon and supply crafting and it's a pretty solid game, reviewers ? all over it cause of micro transactions but never felt the need to buy anything during my playthrough...
  • Karl.
    Options
    I can't believe some of you are so shook by this game.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

I enjoyed 3, not being stuck on just 1 haunted spaceship or space station add in the weapon and supply crafting and it's a pretty solid game, reviewers ? all over it cause of micro transactions but never felt the need to buy anything during my playthrough...

A couple of days ago me and him where walking through this hallway im in the front all i can here is the ? swearing his ass off i turned around this ? being lifted up in the air by one of the necromorphs im going off like GET THE ? OFF MY BROTHER BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM ? happend so fast i didn't even hear it break through the vent
  • Karl.
    Options

I didn't like 3 and the micro transactions didn't bother me either. It strayed away from the survival-horror genre a little too much.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I didn't like 3 and the micro transactions didn't bother me either. It strayed away from the survival-horror genre a little too much.

I just couldn't bring myself to finish 3 ...... got real boring and I just stopped playing
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I bought resident evil 4 for ps2 and never got past walking through the woods past that cabin in the beginning. Being scared ain't fun, ? those games
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huey wrote: »

I bought resident evil 4 for ps2 and never got past walking through the woods past that cabin in the beginning. Being scared ain't fun, ? those games

Was stuck there for a couple days then just stopped playing the game. Then saw all the awards the game received and gave it another try ..... pulled up a walkthru and saw what to do there and once I got past that it was smooth sailing.