What's The Point Of Marriage? (I Think MOST Of Us Get Married TOO Young)

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    id rather have a long term relationship w/o the marriage paperwork/ceremony, common law marriage i suppose, i struggle with paranoia...
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    These days its just a way for females to tell the world, "HEY LOOK! SOMEBODY LOVES ME SO IM IMPORTANT!"

It's a status symbol and a "come up" for ? really. There is no point.

For the people mentioning children and "family" you can achieve the samethings without putting a gun to your head with a binding contract that will raise your alimony and child support in the future. If you're a male there is no reasonable reason to get married other than you scared she will leave you if you dont. And in that case she doesnt deserve to be married anyway.

Of course, Darc comes in here with his usually women hating, quasi-? sexual ? . You got some serious issues with females bruh. Get that ? checked.

Oh look...a poster calling another poster a ? . That ALWAYS wins the argument. idiot.

Saying a man has problems with women is like saying a computer technician has problems with computers. No ? ? it's what we deal with.

Your lonely ass has problems with farm animals I guess. Dumb ? .
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marriage actually has a legitimate purpose in building wealth and creating families

the best scenario for children is to raise them in a household with their married parents
    Marriage has always been about economics... Romantic love is a relatively new concept...

^^This, marriage is legally binding two families creating a bridge. Thats about it.

One big powerful family.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These days its just a way for females to tell the world, "HEY LOOK! SOMEBODY LOVES ME SO IM IMPORTANT!"

For the people mentioning children and "family" you can achieve the samethings without putting a gun to your head with a binding contract that will raise your alimony and child support in the future. If you're a male there is no reasonable reason to get married other than you scared she will leave you if you dont. And in that case she doesnt deserve to be married anyway.

Of course, Darc comes in here with his usually women hating, quasi-? sexual ? . You got some serious issues with females bruh. Get that ? checked.

Oh look...a poster calling another poster a ? . That ALWAYS wins the argument. idiot.

Saying a man has problems with women is like saying a computer technician has problems with computers. No ? ? it's what we deal with.

Your lonely ass has problems with giraffes I guess. Dumb ? .

? feelings is something you gotta deal with...
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    in house ? my nig

^^^Easily accomplished without marriage
  • DarcSkies
    Options

"? Feelings?" As opposed to heterosexual feelings or Asexual feelings? Idiot. You slower than South Central L.A. ambulance response times.

This fat black ? said, "? feelings." But the thread is about Males & Females getting married which of course made you immediately think of two men ? . LOL Only on the IC.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YunnSanco wrote: »
    So marry someone for ? and money basically Crude?

the kids thing is only for couples who have kids together already
    goldenja wrote: »
    in house ? my nig

^^^Easily accomplished without marriage

• GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    New ? >>>>>>>in house ? >>>>>>>>old ? >>>>>>>>>>no ?

^^^^the keys of life, you're welcome
    Word, I'm just gonna enjoy the single life for now. Plus, you can ? as many hoes as you want without any restrictions.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? , money, someone with similar interests, ambition, and that you can see yourself getting along with for the long haul.

Running up and strange all the time will eventually play out homie.

You'll deal with all kinda ? in life like possible financial hardships, death of loved ones, possible diseases or illness, etc it's always better when you have someone you can lean on and has your back and your best interest at heart.

I'm sure some ? going to come and say he doesn't need anyone and he's his own ? and blah blah blah, but in this world you will eventually need someone whether you want to admit it or not and parents, grandparents, or even aunts and uncles don't live forever.
  • DarcSkies
    Options

well only if you just considering the ? .

In house ? comes with pancakes and porkchops. Not to mention the "going raw" stage.

New ? comes with wondering if the condom gonna break and is she really on birth control. That awkward ass getting to know her phase.

I'd switch those two...but thats just ME.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"? Feelings?" As opposed to heterosexual feelings or Asexual feelings? Idiot. You slower than South Central L.A. ambulance response times.

This fat black ? said, "? feelings." But the thread is about Males & Females getting married which of course made you immediately think of two men ? . LOL Only on the IC.

...so all that fabricated, in denial, collaborated, "I'm not a ? ," ain't gon equal up to this real ? .
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Im go
    Crude_ wrote: »

Marriage has its advantages for instance it's better to raise children in a two parent household with a mother figure and father figure.

Wrong.

I have a friend and cousins who have kids with a woman and are not married. They get along just fine with their kids mother. According to them, as long as the children are loved and raised right, it shouldnt be a problem and from what I've seen from their kids, they have their head straight. The relationship they have reminds of JC and Chantel from the show New York Undercover.

I don't have kids but I'm sure it's not healthy for a child to be around 2 parents that dont love each other, constantly fighting/arguing and having that tension in the air while the children are around. Forcing themselves to stay together for "the children's sake."
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Newly in-house ? >>>

That's when you getting it multiple times daily
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

? , money, someone with similar interests, ambition, and that you can see yourself getting along with for the long haul.

Running up and strange all the time will eventually play out homie.

You'll deal with all kinda ? in life like possible financial hardships, death of loved ones, possible diseases or illness, etc it's always better when you have someone you can lean on and has your back and your best interest at heart.

I'm sure some ? going to come and say he doesn't need anyone and he's his own ? and blah blah blah, but in this world you will eventually need someone whether you want to admit it or not and parents, grandparents, or even aunts and uncles don't live forever.

"TALK ABOUT IT!"
    *Ebro voice*
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BarryHalls wrote: »
    Im go

Marriage has its advantages for instance it's better to raise children in a two parent household with a mother figure and father figure.

Wrong.

I have a friend and cousins who have kids with a woman and are not married. They get along just fine with their kids mother. According to them, as long as the children are loved and raised right, it shouldnt be a problem and from what I've seen from their kids, they have their head straight. The relationship they have reminds of JC and Chantel from the show New York Undercover.

I don't have kids but I'm sure it's not healthy for a child to be around 2 parents that dont love each other, constantly fighting/arguing and having that tension in the air while the children are around. Forcing themselves to stay together for "the children's sake."

I noticed you took out what you pleased from my post and didn't bother to include the next sentence of the post that speaks to what you are talking about.

I'll simply say that there is an exception to every rule but more times than not that child that comes from that two parent household will perform overall better in society than that child that comes from a single parent household.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I'm gonna assume that T/S is in his late teens or early 20s when he made this thread.

Marriage really is because two people actually want to start a life TOGETHER: money, spirit, and everything. Sometimes, is actually IS love and two people wanna build that life together. Don't get me wrong: most women don't want marriage; they want a wedding, cause for that one day, it will give them all the attention they'll probably get in their lifetimes (and because they falter in listening to what society tells them). However, some women (and men) actually thinks out life after the wedding.
  • jill
    jill Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i think people get married because they are expected to get married
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are also some people who marry because it's a religious mandate. I don't care why people choose to get married. I support marriage 100%.

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You used to be able to buy a woman for two livestock and a portion of land, you could ? her at your leisure, beat her if she defied you, have her stoned to death if she ? around.

Marriage has always been a contract. If you love someone, be with them because you want to be with them, not because you're worried they'll leave with half.

In some societies women were the ones who inherited the wealth so she will never go without.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nigeria law all you have to do is send the wife back and you keep the kids. Not that I'll go into marriage seeking divorce @babybugatti
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marriage is a social construct. You can still have kids and a family with out the contract.....marriage is a fairy tale for women. I ain't knocking no one that wants to get married, but people need to stop acting like its a natural thing to do in life at a certain age. Marriage is a created idea that help stimulate the economy back in the day. We all have different opinions on love and ? , but marriage has many different perspectives....its a tradition that has just caught on and stuck around, women push it more because they want the BIG WEDDING DAY, and simps comply. Do want YOU want to do in life and stop caring what people say or think. If you want to be a bachelor all your life then be a bachelor...if you want to be married and take the risk of losing everything.....then do it. Marriage is a option not a requirement
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No better feeling then falling asleep holding my women and waking up seeing my son face every day.
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    No better feeling then falling asleep holding my women and waking up seeing my son face every day.

Honestly I'm jealous. Especially if I could add a Daughter to the mix.

Its a shame that ever since people been on this "freedom of religion" kick, its been literally tearing apart the fabric of the American Society.

Other thanSlavery & the Jim Crow type of ? what exactly was wrong with how we were living before?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people marry because they don't want to be alone and its just another pagan ritual. ? your rings! i'm still hurt at reppin marrying empress *sob*