Options
124»

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    saying the Nazis were Christian then saying they wanted to get rid of Christianity only strengthens my position.

Another horrible post. I said ? himself eventually wanted to get rid of Christianity according to journals, he never actually worked to get rid of the religion. He knew attacking Christianity would anger the ? members and German public WHO MOSTLY WERE CHRISTIAN. So nope, this strengthens my position. Try again. Furthermore, remember most of the German CHRISTIAN public did not resist the Nazis, they instead embraced them.

are you ? joking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priest_Barracks_of_Dachau_Concentration_Camp.

could the german christians have resisted the nazis once they got in power??? hell no did the nazis tell the christian germans that they would take away their religious freedom??? lets cut the ? the ? were not actually christian they simply used the religion as a tool.

they even took out the old testament no christian would do that
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    THE OBVIOUS FLAWS ARE TOO BIG FOR ME TO ACCEPT.
    the flaw you seem to be having real trouble with is "disagrees with my world view."

there is evidence Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. you disagree, that's cool... but what's your evidence that something ELSE is growing faster?
    In fact, ? privately did want to eventually eliminate Christianity
    i have to give kingblaze credit for admitting this point

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    saying the Nazis were Christian then saying they wanted to get rid of Christianity only strengthens my position.

Another horrible post. I said ? himself eventually wanted to get rid of Christianity according to journals, he never actually worked to get rid of the religion. He knew attacking Christianity would anger the ? members and German public WHO MOSTLY WERE CHRISTIAN. So nope, this strengthens my position. Try again. Furthermore, remember most of the German CHRISTIAN public did not resist the Nazis, they instead embraced them.

are you ? joking

could the german christians have resisted the nazis once they got in power??? hell no did the nazis tell the christian germans that they would take away their religious freedom??? lets cut the ? the ? were not actually christian they simply used the religion as a tool.

? and SOME of the Nazis privately did work to limit the influence of Christianity, but that doesn't mean ? banned Christianity. He knew the CHRISTIAN German public would revolt against that. And since you want to quote Wikipedia, let me quote Wikipedia in how MOST ? members identified with being Christian. And as we all know, the mostly CHRISTIAN German public did LITTLE to resist the Nazis and their government, when they clearly could have. The Germans are a strong people, they're known for their ability to step up. And they chose not to step to the Nazis because the CHRISTIAN German public loved them. Here is proof most Nazis identified with being Christian. In fact, the ? party banned atheist and non religious groups who criticized religion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_? _Germany

....the regime strongly opposed "godless communism"[164][165] and most of Germany's freethinking (freigeist), atheist, and largely left-wing organizations were banned the same year.[166][167]

The majority of the three million ? Party members continued to pay their church taxes and register as either Roman Catholic or Evangelical Protestant Christians.[24]

Remember, ? privately disliked Christianity and one of his closest aides was atheist, so there was no reason for Nazis to pretend to be Christian. But nonetheless, MOST ? MEMBERS CHOSE TO IDENTIFY AS CHRISTIAN. ? Germany was a Christian thing, own that ? and stop whining about it. I know it bothers you that ? Germany was a very Christian society but as I said before, there have been worst Christians in history. I will no longer discuss this subject with you, if I continue this subject with you, I will begin to think of you as an idiot. And there's enough people here who already think of you as one.
  • zombie
    edited September 2014
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    THE OBVIOUS FLAWS ARE TOO BIG FOR ME TO ACCEPT.
    the flaw you seem to be having real trouble with is "disagrees with my world view."

there is evidence Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. you disagree, that's cool... but what's your evidence that something ELSE is growing faster?
    In fact, ? privately did want to eventually eliminate Christianity
    i have to give kingblaze credit for admitting this point
    No from a totally objective view point it is impossible to track religious conversion in oppressive states for example there are underground churches in china no one know how many. There are secret churches in north korea and even saudi arabia since these people were not counted and they could number in the millions and that's just counting china

the method by which these studies are done is deeply flawed so any conculsion they reach is also

i don't have any proof that any other religion is growing faster what i am saying is that there is no way to properly tell which religion is growing faster in the whole world, it's a question with no answer
  • zombie
    edited September 2014
    Options

are you ? joking

? and SOME of the Nazis privately did work to limit the influence of Christianity, but that doesn't mean ? banned Christianity. He knew the CHRISTIAN German public would revolt against that. And since you want to quote Wikipedia, let me quote Wikipedia in how MOST ? members identified with being Christian. And as we all know, the mostly CHRISTIAN German public did LITTLE to resist the Nazis and their government, when they clearly could have. The Germans are a strong people, they're known for their ability to step up. And they chose not to step to the Nazis because the CHRISTIAN German public loved them. Here is proof most Nazis identified with being Christian. In fact, the ? party banned atheist and non religious groups who criticized religion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_? _Germany

....the regime strongly opposed "godless communism"[164][165] and most of Germany's freethinking (freigeist), atheist, and largely left-wing organizations were banned the same year.[166][167]

The majority of the three million ? Party members continued to pay their church taxes and register as either Roman Catholic or Evangelical Protestant Christians.[24]

Remember, ? privately disliked Christianity and one of his closest aides was atheist, so there was no reason for Nazis to pretend to be Christian. But nonetheless, MOST ? MEMBERS CHOSE TO IDENTIFY AS CHRISTIAN. ? Germany was a Christian thing, own that ? and stop whining about it. I know it bothers you that ? Germany was a very Christian society but as I said before, there have been worst Christians in history. I will no longer discuss this subject with you, if I continue this subject with you, I will begin to think of you as an idiot. And there's enough people here who already think of you as one.

of course most ? will continue to identify as christian that was what ? wanted it was a dictatorship you ? . the ? party pretended to be christian because most germans were christians so obviously the ? they did it for propaganda reasons, i never said they wanted to ban the religion you idiot, that would void my argument so why the ? would i say that. The germans are a strong people now but weak when ? came to power and the christian germans loved ? but did they know he has anti-christian before he came into power?? no. why?? because he pretended not to be and made sure the party did as well

but really i don't really give a ? about the ? claiming to be christian and you can keep on believing all the lies you want too. i do not care what you think of me so you can go on ahead and think of me as being an idiot if you want to because i have always considered you to be one.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH.....well, Wikipedia and 100% of sources out there indicate the Nazis were mostly Christian and most people in ? Germany were Christian. The end. This thread might as well be locked now, no one is even discussing the main subject anymore.
  • zombie
    Options
    SMH.....well, Wikipedia and 100% of sources out there indicate the Nazis were mostly Christian and most people in ? Germany were Christian. The end. This thread might as well be locked now, no one is even discussing the main subject anymore.

you and your lying mouth

http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/11/the_nazis_and_christianity.html

http://www.amazon.com/The-? -Against-Cross-Christianity/dp/1432721690
  • janklow
    Options
    No from a totally objective view point it is impossible to track religious conversion in oppressive states for example there are underground churches in china no one know how many. There are secret churches in north korea and even saudi arabia since these people were not counted and they could number in the millions and that's just counting china
    let's be honest: a secret church in Saudi Arabia is not making more Christians than the country as a whole makes Muslims (and i bet you China has secret mosques)

the point is this, though: we can dispute what studies we're presented with, but if your only retort is "sounds wrong but there's no way i can prove it," i think you're coming off as basically saying "it's wrong because it doesn't agree with my beliefs." this... seems less effective than the presented argument
  • janklow
    Options
    The Germans are a strong people, they're known for their ability to step up.
    actually, i thought they were known for their ability to follow orders unquestioningly
    This thread might as well be locked now, no one is even discussing the main subject anymore.
    "janklow, will you close janklow's thread?"
    nope
  • zombie
    Options
    let's be honest: a secret church in Saudi Arabia is not making more Christians than the country as a whole makes Muslims (and i bet you China has secret mosques)

the point is this, though: we can dispute what studies we're presented with, but if your only retort is "sounds wrong but there's no way i can prove it," i think you're coming off as basically saying "it's wrong because it doesn't agree with my beliefs." this... seems less effective than the presented argument

i am not saying there is no way i can prove it, i am saying there is no way anyone can prove it . because gathering the the info needed to prove it is impossible
  • janklow
    Options
    i am not saying there is no way i can prove it, i am saying there is no way anyone can prove it . because gathering the the info needed to prove it is impossible
    ultimately, one religion out there is, in fact, the fastest growing religion in the world. even if it was IMPOSSIBLE to prove it, this would still be the case.

so in the absence of an equally persuasive argument for another religion being the answer (which you must admit you are not advancing) and the absence of a truly persuasive argument against the theory that Islam is, in fact, the world's fastest-growing religion... i think it's fair to presume that it is, in fact, Islam which is the world's fastest-growing religion.

• zombie
    edited September 2014
    Options
    ultimately, one religion out there is, in fact, the fastest growing religion in the world. even if it was IMPOSSIBLE to prove it, this would still be the case.

so in the absence of an equally persuasive argument for another religion being the answer (which you must admit you are not advancing) and the absence of a truly persuasive argument against the theory that Islam is, in fact, the world's fastest-growing religion... i think it's fair to presume that it is, in fact, Islam which is the world's fastest-growing religion.

You can think what you want to think that does not make it fact.

What is a fact is that we don't really know nor do we have a way of knowing what the fastest growing religion is
  • janklow
    Options
    the same goes to you, but only one of us it basing it on anything more than an opinion. feel free to present ANYTHING to the contrary! i literally have no concern as to what the actual answer is, beyond acknowledging that we can attempt to determine an answer.
    What is a fact is that we don't really know nor do we have a way of knowing what the fastest growing religion is
    incorrect. you don't AGREE with what's being presented, but that doesn't mean what's being presented isn't, in fact, telling us what the fastest-growing religion is.

• zombie
    Options
    the same goes to you, but only one of us it basing it on anything more than an opinion. feel free to present ANYTHING to the contrary! i literally have no concern as to what the actual answer is, beyond acknowledging that we can attempt to determine an answer.
    incorrect. you don't AGREE with what's being presented, but that doesn't mean what's being presented isn't, in fact, telling us what the fastest-growing religion is.

WE ARE BOTH BASING WHAT WE SAY ON OPINION except you are usinganother persons opinion to base your opinion on and being able to "attempt" to get an answer does not mean to actually get one.

my conversation with you is over, the very nature of the study is flawed so i reject any answer, if you want to believe a flawed study then that's on you.
  • janklow
    Options
    WE ARE BOTH BASING WHAT WE SAY ON OPINION
    wrong.

i am basing my opinion on studies that you dispute. IT'S FINE TO DISPUTE THEM, but instead of presenting anything to the contrary, you're sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling "NUH-UH" over and over and over. again, i don't care what the answer is, but i'm also not going to pretend the studies are wrong simply because i don't agree with them.

reminder: the closest thing to an actual argument you've brought to the table is saying secret churches exist