My Question About The Dark Knight Rises...

2»

Comments

• nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Yall might wanna check this out:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/29/25-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-the-dark-knight-saga

I didn't even realize dude from The Dark Knight who was gonna expose Bruce Wayne was a hint to Edward Nigma The Riddler. They had the ultimate lead. Could you imagine Joker & The Riddler in the same movie ? Shhhiiiieeeetttt

It seemed like a reach tho
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall might wanna check this out:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/29/25-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-the-dark-knight-saga

I didn't even realize dude from The Dark Knight who was gonna expose Bruce Wayne was a hint to Edward Nigma The Riddler. They had the ultimate lead. Could you imagine Joker & The Riddler in the same movie ? Shhhiiiieeeetttt

Pre new 52 comics riddler did figure it out at one point as well.
  • Wu-Tang
    Wu-Tang Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    The oddest thing about 'Robin' to me was that I read that Nolan hated Robin and didn't think Batman needed sidekicks.

I was on board with that idea. I hate sidekicks most of the time. I disliked Catwoman's role in the film, she just didn't seem necessary or all that important to the story.

The biggest problem I had with the flick was Bane being demoted to "solider villain" at the end. It felt forced and pretty lame because of how well built the character was.

He wouldn't have a sidekick technically if this is the last Batman of the franchise. It's also a really good mind ? if you think about it. He really didn't want Robin in the movie so he ended it that way. Still included him in it. Even though people say he is supposed to be Nightwing. A lot of people also don't know that Robin's name was really Richard John "? " Grayson. So his name being Robin doesn't really mean anything in my opinion.
  • Wu-Tang
    Wu-Tang Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
    JokerKing wrote: »

I honestly favored TDKR over the 2nd one, I thought it was actually quite inspiring. I liked watching an all-powerful hero like the Batman get beaten fair and square and will almost broken before he chose to make a change and change his life around - not for himself but for his city for his reality. Sounds kinda like Inception LOLOL. That was one of the few times that the villains actually won, and Bane himself before he was revealed kinda had that anti-hero "I'm out for justice" feel too, the twist in the end w/ Talia was to keep the movie more like a comic book/entertainment (if you know the comics then you knew they had to do something w/ Talia). Bane was simply coping with what the Joker revealed to all of Gotham - same with the cop/Robin.
    This is the same reason why I liked the movie too, but Batman did not fight Bane fair the first time. He was setup by Catwoman. This is why Bane told him to basically come back as the real Batman and he will fight him. That was the best thing about that movie and what made Bane more of a badass bad guy.
    Also Bane had to act like he was out for justice to get the town in a frenzy to get Batman back and also to break all those people out of jail to help him. It's kind of like how ? turned Germany into a good place then you know what followed after.