Anyone gamble on football?

Options

Comments

• farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I might have to make a deposit tomorrow, 5dimes got Tampa at +9 where other sites got them at +7, everybody is on Pitt but Pitt is banged up and Tampa is coming off a Thursday night game so they got plenty time to shake that ass whooping off which was a terrible spot for them, I envision an upset let alone Pitt winning by more than 9
    Niggs tampa is the worst team out right now, no way id put ? on them, steelers or no play, much better games to put money on tho,take colts -7.5 over titans
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    My picks for the week....

I already took an L on washington. Kirk Cousins need his ass whooped until further notice.

Pittsburgh over tampa, with the points at -7.5 on 5dimes, Pitt has taken a few hits on their defense and even resigned this ? james harrison fresh off the couch. TB has a good pass rush, but that's where it stops, who even knows their starting QBs name. Pittsburgh will run away with this.

Detroit over NY with Detroit +1 on 5 dimes. The jets have a great defensive front, and they make noise, but their defense's problem is zero coverage on wideouts, and the fact that ? will sell out blitz on every ? down in any situation is a bad gamble against detroit, look for reggie bush in a lot of screen action, and the other recievers eatin with probable double coverage on Megatron. Their defense will get worn down unless the jets put in Mike Vick and get some first downs, Geno my ? , but he's still learning, wildly inconsistent, and at this point is a walking bad decision.

Atlanta over Minnesota at -3 I believe, didn't check, i'm not explainin this one. No AP is all you need to know, rookie QB on the Minn side, and no relief unless randy moss and chris carter hop out of a time machine these ? is overmatched like a muthafucka.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @_Lefty‌ not sure how long you've been at it but tread carefully anytime an over matched team is get a plus 3. Matty ice does not travel well and Teddy is a stud but Godspeed. I also went over your bets in here...treat sports betting like choosing a woman, go for the one your mind says you need not what your heart wants.
  • _Lefty
    Options
    @rasta‌ thanks for the advice I'm super new my G, I really only started doin it semi serious in week 2 of this year, I actually did no research on that jets lions game until about 12:30. I'm just good with numbers and patterns and all that. I've been doing well though. I really don't think they'll be able to keep up with all of the distractions, plus with atlanta coming off that crazy showing vs TB I kind of look for em to come in cocky, I took Matt's away stats into account, but Minnesota's offensive ineptitude is something I can't be past. It's hard to dismiss their performance against the bengals but that defense is just different. if you take them out atlanta's averaging 46.5 points a game, albeit all at home. So I guess we gon see. I like my chances.
  • Rasta.
    Options
    O don't get me wrong, I like Atlanta too but not betting money cos traditionally they come out flat in these spots, but that heads up is a general rule on nfl betting in general. +3 is a headache bet, I usually bet totals cos it's easier to follow trends.
  • _Lefty
    Options
    I haven't even checked into totals like that, I look at em, but not as much as i look at individual matchups. The I can see where the +3 is a headache bet though. I also can see where they'd come out flat, like said, being cocky coming off that big win.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    I might have to make a deposit tomorrow, 5dimes got Tampa at +9 where other sites got them at +7, everybody is on Pitt but Pitt is banged up and Tampa is coming off a Thursday night game so they got plenty time to shake that ass whooping off which was a terrible spot for them, I envision an upset let alone Pitt winning by more than 9
    Niggs tampa is the worst team out right now, no way id put ? on them, steelers or no play, much better games to put money on tho,take colts -7.5 over titans

Sit your sorry ass down, now excuse me as I laugh my ass to the bank
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Atlanta ? me over big time
  • _Lefty
    Options
    It's still a whole quarter.
  • Rasta.
    Options
    How many games went over the total fellas?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    They got Cinci/NE at a pick right now, Cinci coming off a bye with NE on a short week this could be the makings of a massacre especially with New England's offensive line woes and Cinci's top 3 defense...but NE's record after a loss in the Brady/Belicjick era can't be ignored, although I'm not putting money on NE I think Cinci will struggle to score and it will be closer than people think, at home with Browner coming back and a challenge Revis better be up for Brady may struggle but I think the defense will get back on track, i see the total at 47 at wagerline but 5dimes hang dropped a total yet, I'm going with the under anything above 40
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I changed my mind, I'm leaning heavy on Denver -7.5, Arizona is undefeated and have one of the best defenses in the league, but they are going to Denver who is coming off a loss and a bye, I think Stanton is going to have to do work and he hasn't shown he's capable, Arizona to me is a team who is considerably better at home than on the road, this is a bad spot for them and Peyton takes advantage
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Victor Cruz against the Falcons or Kennan Allen against the Jets. Who had the better match up?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Victor Cruz against the Falcons or Kennan Allen against the Jets. Who had the better match up?

Wrong thread, but I hope Keenan, even though Cruz probably got the better matchup
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

Wrong thread, but I hope Keenan, even though Cruz probably got the better matchup

Fanduel
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Fanduel

Guess that qualifies I might try it out this week
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

Fanduel

Guess that qualifies I might try it out this week

I ? up not going all in on Lacey and the packers D nh. Had a good feeling about both gong in to that game. Only put them on a 50/50 smh.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Here's what I'm hoping happens, Denver smashes Arizona today, and Wasjington covers in their game against Seattle, their at home off a Thursday night debacle it's possible but I wouldn't put money on it, then next week Washington is in Arizona which is all Arizona but what happens this week will keep that line from inflating and will have at least 50% of the public on Washington who I like to go against normally
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I changed my mind, I'm leaning heavy on Denver -7.5, Arizona is undefeated and have one of the best defenses in the league, but they are going to Denver who is coming off a loss and a bye, I think Stanton is going to have to do work and he hasn't shown he's capable, Arizona to me is a team who is considerably better at home than on the road, this is a bad spot for them and Peyton takes advantage

166j6ft.gif

2-0
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Washington on a short week in Arizona, Arizona coming off a loss and will probably get Palmer back, as long as that line is under 10 it's a great spot for Arizona next week, still going to wait to see what happens tomorrow night and Palmer's status
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I would say Denver is a lock next week but the line will probably be inflated as ? , I'll stay away
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Here's what I'm hoping happens, Denver smashes Arizona today, and Wasjington covers in their game against Seattle, their at home off a Thursday night debacle it's possible but I wouldn't put money on it, then next week Washington is in Arizona which is all Arizona but what happens this week will keep that line from inflating and will have at least 50% of the public on Washington who I like to go against normally

Washington didn't cover but they balled out against Seattle, while Arizona is coming off an asswhooping, I'll wait till Wednesday to see what's up with Palmer but I'm heavily leaning on Arizona right now and I seen it at -4 in some places which is nothing
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I want to bet Indy -2.5 so bad, but on the road against a division rival with 70% of the public on them it could be a trap game, but Houston coming off a tough overtime loss (a game they should of won) on a short week, the defense looks banged with 4 defensive backs on the injury report and Brian Cushing is out, Luck might just shred that defense apart and the past 3 games Indy's de has been rolling, I know Foster has come out expressing his displeasure for Thursday night games, and Alfred Blue is banged up not sure I see them running all over Indy and I wouldn't trust Fitzpatrick in any situation, I know this game means a lot and I think if it was on a Sunday I wouldn't touch it but on a short week with Indy rolling I think I'm going to take them
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    That one was stressful

3-0