Is Roman Reigns Ready For a Main Event Push?

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the most he should be challenging for the ic title

they're gonna tarnish this dudes legacy if they really have him main event Wrestlemania and win the title; who's gonna respect him if he doesn't work his way through the mid-card

Even the beast incarnate brock lesnar challenged for the ic title before getting a shot at the big one
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. Ambrose,Rollins or Ziggler is more ready for that push.. Reigns has zero charisma on the mic the guy has about 5 moves, the only thing he does well is sell... That Summer Slam match with Orton (that Orton carried btw) told me everything, dude wrestles the same match wether it's 5min or 25min, dude is jus boring to watch, he does have potential but like dude said i think he should earn his stripes through the mid-card first....

Hopefully they don't drop the ball on him like they did Bray (who had the potential to be the top heel in the business for years, then turn into that anti establishment face like CM punk) or Rollins now with him playing the chicken heel
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah. He's just not ready yet
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no, but neither is rollins or ambrose
    give these dudes time to improve. dont write them off or elevate them too high so soon when they only been solo for a few months
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. Look what happened when they pushed Ryback to the main event too soon
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, Easily the best person for the push since Vince is racist and refuses to push Kofi or Big E.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ehh. I say give him the push. If done right, it could work. But he does have to improve.

I remember when wrestlers who are "chosen" to get that push, go thru "levels" of the title runs. Like US Title, Intercontinental, Tag Title (if they get partnered, or came in as a tag team), and then the World Heavyweight title. I always assume there was a process, and those were the steps that particular wrestler had to go thru.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Ehh. I say give him the push. If done right, it could work. But he does have to improve.

I remember when wrestlers who are "chosen" to get that push, go thru "levels" of the title runs. Like US Title, Intercontinental, Tag Title (if they get partnered, or came in as a tag team), and then the World Heavyweight title. I always assume there was a process, and those were the steps that particular wrestler had to go thru.

It should work like that..
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont really ? with ziggler..hes like Billy gunn 2.0
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You would assume it's the natural progression of things but for some reason Vince hates the idea of midcard titles on guys he has pegged as "the future".

He does it way too often. It's total sink or swim and in reality it's kind of unfair because many of them are put in place long before they are ready and by the time they get good people hate them.

Batista is a clear example of this. Dude was nowhere near ready when he got the title the first time, by the time he got good he was already like a 3-time champion and folks were booing him.

When Vince has a vision these guys often meet it but if they don't he totally gives up. He gave up on Ryback and Luger totally, he wouldn't even put tag belts on those guys after force feeding them into main event world title matches.

Reigns better improve or he will end up in a tag team with Justin Gabriel or some ?

• playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no mic skills, very limited moveset,can't carry his half of a match i could name at least 6 guys who should be in his position right now with the #1 guy being Cesaro
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cesaro gotta step up mic skills too tho, I agree with what already home and lookdude said, I didn't even think about how guys barely work thru the midcard anymore
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like reigns but his mic skills need to improve first, dude is corny in that regard
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    give these dudes time to improve.
    dont write them off or elevate them too high so soon when they only been solo for a few months

I have to disagree on the bolded. Dean and Seth been in the indie circuit for years before they came to NXT/WWE. They are good to go.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope. He's already getting the Cena reactions. Orton carried him in that match at Summerslam, dude has no charisma on the mic, overuses the Superman punch, no filler moves just punches and clotheslines. I mean every top guy has always had their signature moves so I'm not even gonna get into that, just hate the way that Superman punch ? gets spammed
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont write them off or elevate them too high so soon when they only been solo for a few months

I have to disagree on the bolded. Dean and Seth been in the indie circuit for years before they came to NXT/WWE. They are good to go.

that's indie though. just because they were good there doesn't mean they should have main event opportunities handed to them

Rollins never even held a Midcard title
    Ambrose barely defended his Midcard title
    these dudes are just getting their solo run in the wwe

they're good now but can still improve. nobody has the patience nowadays
    y'all on some "hey, so and so is pretty good. give him the wwe title"

wrestlers have put in work for 5-10 years, maybe even more in the jobber/tag team/micard division before getting the opportunity to main event. and sorry to burst y'all bubble but not every wrestler is meant to be a main eventer

if they get put in the main event so early, who's to say y'all won't grow tired of them being in the picture 10 years from now?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ziggler sucks and he's a ? that imitates Billy Gunn. Roman is ? trash, he gets his ass whooped every match, somoan drop, clothesline, more ass whooping, superman punch spear, win. I can't even see how he's a powerhouse when he literally does not throw anyone around the ring. He has no body slams.

Dean Ambrose, Luke Harper, Bray Wyatt, Mark Henry, Brock Lesnar and that black dude that makes the dog noises, forgot his name, are main eventers but WWE has horrible story writers that are prejudice against equal opportunities so unless you're white, Hispanic and white or samoan you will be a jobber.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    This is why the two titles should be separate on Raw and Smackdown. Reigns should be dominating on Smackdown, making his bones. Fans should be anticipating him coming to Raw to challenge for the main event
  • VIBE
    Options
    His name is Titus O'Neil
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that's indie though. just because they were good there doesn't mean they should have main event opportunities handed to them

wrestlers have put in work for 5-10 years, maybe even more in the jobber/tag team/micard division before getting the opportunity to main event. and sorry to burst y'all bubble but not every wrestler is meant to be a main eventer

if they get put in the main event so early, who's to say y'all won't grow tired of them being in the picture 10 years from now?

I see what you're saying but Rollins was a tag team champion with Reigns. Rollins and Dean been on the main roster for about 2 years now.

Look at it like this, Brock Lesnar was on the main roster for 2 years and some change before he left in 2004. He blazed through the roster as "the next big thing" and shot straight to the top within his first 12 months. I think it took Cena 3 years before he won the main strap. Not saying they are on the level Brock was at, but they are pretty good.

You don't have to put in 5-10 years of main roster work unless the powers that be don't want you in the main event picture. Indie cats shouldn't be underrated, that's one problem the WWE has. I know indie and the WWE are 2 different monsters but you can't write off all the work Dean and Rollins put in just because they weren't on TV.

I agree not everyone that's good should get an opportunity to main event and throwing them into the picture too soon can ruin them but Dean and Rollins are already main event material IMO. Reigns needs work.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    LMAO "black dude that makes dog noises". When you don't even know his name, how should you think he's main event worthy? Ziggler has what it takes to be a WWE champ imo.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see what you're saying but Rollins was a tag team champion with Reigns. Rollins and Dean been on the main roster for about 2 years now.

Look at it like this, Brock Lesnar was on the main roster for 2 years and some change before he left in 2004. He blazed through the roster as "the next big thing" and shot straight to the top within his first 12 months. I think it took Cena 3 years before he won the main strap. Not saying they are on the level Brock was at, but they are pretty good.

You don't have to put in 5-10 years of main roster work unless the powers that be don't want you in the main event picture. Indie cats shouldn't be underrated, that's one problem the WWE has. I know indie and the WWE are 2 different monsters but you can't write off all the work Dean and Rollins put in just because they weren't on TV.

I agree not everyone that's good should get an opportunity to main event and throwing them into the picture too soon can ruin them but Dean and Rollins are already main event material IMO. Reigns needs work.

They're up there but they need a lil more character development, like I mentioned in another thread, look what the slow burn for scsa did for him, they rushing roman, I like him but he could end up like this sheamus, del Rio, or swagger if he don't step up, meanwhile look at ziggler when he won, he finally got that strap, and has been among the most over ever since