Dame Dash "Do You Owe Beanie Sigel Money?"

13»

Comments

• MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What yall expect from a ? like Dame.. The ? is a Harlem ? afterall.. That slick fast talking hustler, mentality.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    traestar wrote: »

Basically dame owes that ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but ? always saying jayz cant be trusted.

which one of the two cant or is it a lessor of two evils type of thing?
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many different times can you make the same response to one question?
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

...lol...People only ask because its a legitimate question...You use to be CEO of a record label...Beans was your artist...Beans just did time in jail for tax issues...If he had his money maybe he wouldnt have had to do time in jail...Beans spoke about it on a couple occasions...

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason I'm interested in "another man's pockets" is because Beansis one of my favorite artists and I feel a connection to him through his music. I'd hate to see that he got ripped off. So I'm not acting like a women when I show concern whether he owes him money or not, I'm a concerned fan.

I hate when record execs rip off unsuspecting artists.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was a woman who asked the question
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pralims wrote: »

Seems as if Dame & Jay made/make business moves checkers vs. Chess style, respectively.

Dame made a lot of good moves but eventually left his kings row open. Thus, losing the ROC & Rocawear.

Jay spent his time learning more moves and strategies and this result has yet to have his king caught or put in a position where it cannot move .....

Just my opinion with what I believe is a good analogy .... ijs
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ? with Dame real talk. But by the Jim Jones situation & him avoiding that Beans question, it discredits his point of wanting to help the culture. If you did steal a mill from another ? , you are just as bad as the culture vultures you criticizing
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All them ? are crooks if you ask me..Jay, Dame etc.
  • Me1971
    Me1971 Members Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    MECCA1000 wrote: »

Seems as if Dame & Jay made/make business moves checkers vs. Chess style, respectively.

Dame made a lot of good moves but eventually left his kings row open. Thus, losing the ROC & Rocawear.

Jay spent his time learning more moves and strategies and this result has yet to have his king caught or put in a position where it cannot move .....

One just gets more benefit of the doubt from the outsiders because he's the likable underdog that talks good. Jay has always been Hip Hop's bad guy because he showboats and represents the commercialization of hip hop. When the news of the split first happened, everyone heard Dame's side of the story first, and a lot of the heads already hated Jay, so it was easy for people to run with it.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao reaching like a muthafucka
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

this is a great analogy that alot of people dont understand about jay.

they always claim jay is a snake and used his friends.his once friends say he used them.
    they sat he learn to rap from jazo and needed to call nas for help running thru buildings.

thing is....he learned from these dudes an took it to the next level.

he tried to help them but they thought in a small level an he thought big so he had to leave them behind.

now they all jealous and hating him when they should mad at their dumb decisions.
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Uppin this phuckery just because...
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    still mad at Dame dropping the ball on the B. Coming. Man that album is so dope and 100% my favorite Beans album. I know we throw this word around alot but it's a classic in my opinion.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    While I agree that Dame can come off like a slick, fast talking hustler, that slick, fast talking May have been what propelled the Roc in the early years. You gotta admit, Dame was 1/3 of the Roc management/ownership that built a multimillion dollar empire.

I sincerely believe that Jay needed Dame (as well as Biggs) to reach the level of success he reached in the early 00s.

Have read and heard that Jay wasn't coming to the office back in the day, he was getting his music money and picking up Rocawear checks. Dame was the day to day guy.

With that said, Dame could've said no, suspect.

With Curren$y it's believable that the kid got bad advice, I don't think he sold enough for Dame to be getting what they accused him of.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dame might as well go into politics cause dude sure can talk a lot without actually saying anything

This is exactly what I was saying in the last thread about jim dissing dame...

its very clear that dame talks a good game and can easily hypnotize the
    Weak minded with the ? he spew

but true rocafella heads know what time it is

.its no surprise why nobody wanted to
    deal with the ? no more........ from lyor to jayz to kanye to currency to
    just blaze to choke no joke to beanie sigel, to kevin liles to bleek

Rocafella could of still been popping if dame would of continue to play
    his position and do exactly what he was doing when they build the empire
    But ? let his ego ? ? up......

when beans said jay caught dame hand in the cookie jar, im pretty
    sure the type of ? jay is that was the final nail in the coffin.....

This is the proof you know wtf you talkin bout. Mothafukin Choke no Joke. Them 'Last Days of the Roc' shyts were gold.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Choke No Joke Choke No Joke Choke No Joke ? Choke No Joke