Big K.R.I.T. or Kendrick Lamar

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ojos_negros
    ojos_negros Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    lol @ ? 's sayng krit is a better artist. That's the funniest ? Ive heard all year. Post these brilliant artist songs Krit has created.

There's a thread every other week with people posting practically every krit track out there as their favourites
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    lol @ ? 's sayng krit is a better artist. That's the funniest ? Ive heard all year. Post these brilliant artist songs Krit has created.

Just compare the music bruh.

K.R.I.T. Wuz Here
    Return of 4Eva
    4eva N a Day
    Live from the Underground
    King Remembered In Time

Now or Neva, Egyptian Cotton, Mount Olympus, Somedayz, This Can't Be All, LAC LAC, My Interpretation, Verse on 1train.

Vs

Overly Dedicated
    Section.80
    Good Kid, M.A.A.D City
    Verse on "Control".

Krit all day.
  • ojos_negros
    ojos_negros Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Both are very dope artists in a sea of absolue garbage and mediocrity so I give huge credit to both. Personally I pick and choose when I listen to kdot where I could jam krit all day every day and never get bored...krit channels the essence of hip hop for me
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread gets made all the time. i don't know why it always turns into a feelings fest. IMO Kendrick is more versatile, a better rapper, better song writer, and has better albums. also KRIT fans (and i am one) need to realize his music doesn't appeal to everyone. personally it took awhile for me to get over his accent
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    CJ wrote: »
    I can get ? saying krit>Kdot or vice versa but stop with that "it's not close" c'mon bruh

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean I could post many but off the top here's 1 off each project

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UkiRF0WFlSI
    http://youtu.be/CvY1WrsSr-Y
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=h3WDRnDEcbw
    http://youtu.be/tm0gbJ_6kK0
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6i9d-AEvRWs
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=cQXINcY8aCo

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    K.Dot and its not even close.

How the hell is it not close?

KendrickGKMCDeluxe.jpg

This is only better than his def jam album and 4eva in a day, and not by no landslide, try again
  • StillFaggyAF
    im speaking pure facts as a KRIT and Kdot fan. objectively speaking what is more relatable songs like "Average Joe" or "Country ? " cmon now
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost as funny as Joe budden being one of the best ever, I'm not hating on u for not liking krit but foh with this not close ? ..
    this thread gets made all the time. i don't know why it always turns into a feelings fest. IMO Kendrick is more versatile, a better rapper, better song writer, and has better albums. also KRIT fans (and i am one) need to realize his music doesn't appeal to everyone. personally it took awhile for me to get over his accent

How does krit not appeal to everyone and how does Kendrick, is it cuz krit ain't make a swimming pools? how is he not as diverse with songs like another ? , to temptation, to lions and lambs? U can argue mt Olympus >> control and how many times has Kendrick killed krit on a track? idk where u ? get this better albums ? from but that's cool cuz Kendrick dope, & krit easily the better artist, great raps and he makes the beats himself and for others
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KRIT for my money.
  • StillFaggyAF

Almost as funny as Joe budden being one of the best ever, I'm not hating on u for not liking krit but foh with this not close ? ..

How does krit not appeal to everyone and how does Kendrick, is it cuz krit ain't make a swimming pools? how is he not as diverse with songs like another ? , to temptation, to lions and lambs? U can argue mt Olympus >> control and how many times has Kendrick killed krit on a track? idk where u ? get this better albums ? from but that's cool cuz Kendrick dope, & krit easily the better artist, great raps and he makes the beats himself and for others

KRIT tends to rap on the same type of beats, using the same flows while Kendrick changes up every song, rapping on different types of production in addition to various subject matter. too often KRIT songs are 808 + soul sample + chanted hook

As far as appeal, i don't understand why this is hard to understand but his accent is very thick and his subject matter/lyrics are often very regional. Songs like Gumption (wtf is that), Country ? , Package Store, Cool to Be Southern are not going to appeal to many people outside the South. personally i listen to it because its mostly good music but hows the kid in Toronto or New York or Europe going to relate? on the other side Kendrick can make music about LA and West Coast type music but he's able to communicate the themes in a way thats people from anywhere can relate (think songs like Average Joe, ? and Patron, MAAD City, Money Trees etc)
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

K.R.I.T. Wuz Here
    Return of 4Eva
    4eva N a Day
    King Remembered In Time

Now or Neva, Egyptian Cotton, Mount Olympus, Somedayz, This Can't Be All, LAC LAC, My Interpretation, Verse on 1train.

Vs

Overly Dedicated
    Section.80
    Good Kid, M.A.A.D City
    Verse on "Control".

Krit all day.

C'mon dawg you selling Dot hella short with "verse on Control" as the only notable.

Rigamortus
    Sing About Me
    Kush & Corinthians
    Poe Man Dreams
    Keisha's Song
    Cartoons & Cereal
    The Heart PT. 2
    The Heart PT. 3
    Wanna Be Heard
    Illuminate verse
    Nosetalgia verse

That's just offtop.

They both two of my favs. I can see how it could go both ways. Their styles in comparison is like when you compare wings to bigs when talking basketball in the end comes down to preference.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Im still at work so I cant listen to the tracks, but when I get off Ill check em out and give an objective review. What Ive heard so far, its not even close. Songs like Dont ? my vibe, money trees are great songs with catchy hooks and bridges with dope verses. The beginning of Art of peer pressure alone is crazy. I havent been too impressed by what Ive heard from Krit so far.
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BDBIID wrote: »

K.R.I.T. Wuz Here
    Return of 4Eva
    4eva N a Day
    King Remembered In Time

Vs

Overly Dedicated
    Section.80
    Good Kid, M.A.A.D City
    Verse on "Control".

Krit all day.

C'mon dawg you selling Dot hella short with "verse on Control" as the only notable.

Rigamortus
    Sing About Me

Kush & Corinthians
    Poe Man Dreams
    Keisha's Song
    Cartoons & Cereal
    The Heart PT. 2
    The Heart PT. 3
    Wanna Be Heard
    Illuminate verse
    Nosetalgia verse

That's just offtop.

They both two of my favs. I can see how it could go both ways. Their styles in comparison is like when you compare wings to bigs when talking basketball in the end comes down to preference.

Half the songs you listed are on the projects I listed. Kdot just doesn't have enough material imo to compete with the quality of music Krit has put out over the last few years.
  • dark11
    dark11 Members Posts: 13
    fact is GKMC is widely praised as the 2nd best hip hop album of the 2010s after MBDTF and s80 is as good as gkmc. kednrick has better pojects than Krit from a factual standpoint.
  • fafkeyf
    fafkeyf Members Posts: 3
    Objectively speaking, kendrick is better and he will be considered as the better rapper/artist because he's the man behind one of the best albums of the last 4 years. Krit is cool but none of his project is in this discussion (quality wise)
  • fafkeyf
    Love both though, but the better artist is the one who made the better album and kendrick wins.
  • fafkeyf
    edited September 2014
    Section.80
    Good Kid, M.A.A.D City

are all better than all of krit projects (objectively speaking... doesn't mean you can't enjoy krit more but kendrick is "better")
  • StillFaggyAF
    BDBIID wrote: »

K.R.I.T. Wuz Here
    Return of 4Eva
    4eva N a Day
    King Remembered In Time

Vs

Overly Dedicated
    Section.80
    Good Kid, M.A.A.D City
    Verse on "Control".

Krit all day.

Rigamortus
    Sing About Me

Kush & Corinthians
    Poe Man Dreams
    Keisha's Song
    Cartoons & Cereal
    The Heart PT. 2
    The Heart PT. 3
    Wanna Be Heard
    Illuminate verse
    Nosetalgia verse

That's just offtop.

Half the songs you listed are on the projects I listed. Kdot just doesn't have enough material imo to compete with the quality of music Krit has put out over the last few years.

Kendrick has a lot of material out mixtapes and albums
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does Package Store only appeal to folks in the South. The ? ?

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fafkeyf wrote: »
    Section.80
    Good Kid, M.A.A.D City

are all better than all of krit projects (objectively speaking... doesn't mean you can't enjoy krit more but kendrick is "better")
    dark11 wrote: »
    fact is GKMC is widely praised as the 2nd best hip hop album of the 2010s after MBDTF and s80 is as good as gkmc. kednrick has better pojects than Krit from a factual standpoint.

aye I'm about to make a thread just containing the definitions of the words "opinion" and "fact" mods sticky it