Big K.R.I.T. or Kendrick Lamar

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    u say bingo, but its obvious that cyhi is fighting, ? dropped what's still the best tape of the year, for all u know he could literally be having fist fights tryna get radio and def jam to get behind a single, where u get lazyness outta cyhi, i dont know cuz he drops consistent good music no pun

u brought up popularity, so i brought up wiz to sho why that ? shouldnt matter, national appeal doesnt necessarily make kendrick better tho, and lets look at a song like temptation, why cant that be related to nationally, how about package store? or hometown hero as i stated earlier, just because kendrick has caught more breaks on tracks with uber pop stars doesnt mean that krit has less ability to appeal and relate to a broader audience. ? u say krit cant reach a broader audience and thats a knock on him, why he aint get booed off the stage every night on tour with macklemore

i don't see cyhi doing shows, radio runs, features, nothing like what the previously mentioned guys did. is he even popular in Atlanta? he has all the talent and catalog to pop and in 2014 you can't tell me a label is going to hold him back

why do you think all those songs by krit didn't pop? if its not because he doesn't have widespread appeal? do you really think def jam is actively working against him?

cyhi went on tour with a band on ivy league and black hystori

here is an interview from a radio run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pqUVQO1XbM

and i think labels can hold u back if they dont know wat to do with u, which may be his case, thats prolly why ? eventually leave them.

as far as krit, im not sayin def jam is working against him but they not and prolly his team not working really well for him, the previous artist i stated are obvious evidence of that, hell ross falls under that too, what single from him and jeezy have been promoted on their latest release, they just have a big enough fanbase from earlier in the 2000's that they can drop like that, krit not having as big a fanbase and not having a crossover single is not helping, kendrick had that crossover single.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    I checked out a few of the krit tracks and im not seeing the great artistry yall ? hyping. So far Im just hearing a ? rapping over beats(which I can admit are dope). But there's a difference between being a rapper and an artist. A rapper just raps over dope beats, an artist not only makes good verses but also adds hooks and bridges with original melodies. I appreciate songs that you can tell took a minute to create based on the song structure. I really dont think some of yall understand the difference...

This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMR45VOKj58

and this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbG7tMyhjJQ

are 2 different levels of artistry
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    yea this guy gotta be trolling
  • _Goldie_
    edited September 2014
    Options
    How so? Every point Ive made has been followed with examples. If youre so bias that you cant see what Im saying then there's nothing left to be said. Just like the "producer=better artist" ? , yall had no rebuttal , so you just flagged the ? lol ? funny.

I dont even think yall ? know the difference between a hook and a bridge, then wanna talk about who's a better artist smh.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KRIT_Live_form_the_underground.jpg

Holla at me when kendrick drops a lackluster ass project like this .....then maybe we can have this discussion
    KRIT_Live_form_the_underground.jpg

Holla at me when kendrick drops a lackluster ass project like this .....then maybe we can have this discussion

as lackluster as it is, krit free albums more than make up for it, in fact they better than anything kendrick has dropped, thats the reason why "this discussion" has gon on for days, b4 u even existed in it ? .

Y'all ? love to argue about dumb ? always... Lol so of course it was going on before i got here bamma...

Like I said when Kendrick fails to live up to the pressure and drops a dud ass album like Krit did ...then ? can actually have a case for them being on the same level or Krit being "superior" as an artist lol .. but hey maybe you prefer artist that drop dud ass albums ... Thats totally your prerogative my bumpkin brotha... ? in here posting up songs they like talking about "boom see there's the proof right there" lmao .....
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    How so? Every point Ive made has been followed with examples. If youre so bias that you cant see what Im saying then there's nothing left to be said. Just like the "producer=better artist" ? , yall had no rebuttal , so you just flagged the ? lol ? funny.

I dont even think yall ? know the difference between a hook and a bridge, then wanna talk about who's a better artist smh.

how so? because u came in your post with a bunch of obvious points about the difference between just a rapper and an artist, then post a krit song that has a message, good rapping, good beat, but since there is no bridge and no hook, he's not an artist, the ? outta here ? . every point u've made has been followed by horrible examples, i bet u thought u was real smart with that "the difference between" ? huh.

and i dont think anyone outright said him being a producer is the only reason he is a better artist, as i said b4, it adds, but personally id consider krit the better artist if there was a different name on the same beats..

again, kendrick is dope so im not tryna hate on dude and people likin him better is understandable, but "not even close" and "krit is just a rapper" clearly u dont know wtf u speakin about bruh. now there is nothing left to be said, keep trackin ur flags like the other lame.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    I checked out a few of the krit tracks and im not seeing the great artistry yall ? hyping. So far Im just hearing a ? rapping over beats(which I can admit are dope). But there's a difference between being a rapper and an artist. A rapper just raps over dope beats, an artist not only makes good verses but also adds hooks and bridges with original melodies. I appreciate songs that you can tell took a minute to create based on the song structure. I really dont think some of yall understand the difference...

This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMR45VOKj58

and this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbG7tMyhjJQ

are 2 different levels of artistry

Lol at this ? ....
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2014
    Options

Y'all ? love to argue about dumb ? always

oh gawd the irony...

werent u supposed to be on a sabbatical from this forum that is beneath ur intelligence, city slicker.

but ay, lftu wasnt great, but it was still solid, his free albums more than make up for it, at least imo, lemme guess, gkmc is the greatest album in the history of recent history to u too?
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Nobody did what?
    both are really dope.....Artist wise...Krit gets the edge because he produced about 98-99% of his songs. Pure rapping ability I give that to Kendrick though......

Im not bout to go through th whole thread and quote the mfs, but there was more than one.

I played 4 krit tracks and they were all like the one I posted. You say he's a better artist but posted no reasons why lol. Again, this ? funny b
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Nobody did what?
    both are really dope.....Artist wise...Krit gets the edge because he produced about 98-99% of his songs. Pure rapping ability I give that to Kendrick though......

Im not bout to go through th whole thread and quote the mfs, but there was more than one.

I played 4 krit tracks and they were all like the one I posted. You say he's a better artist but posted no reasons why lol. Again, this ? funny b

im sure bruh has other reasons besides just that, that krit is a better artist to him, i cant speak for him tho, and ? been posted reasons why bruh, u played 4 krit tracks, what a great sample size. meanwhile, ur reasoning is ridiculous so how u gon tell ? to post reasons, u wanna cite other posts, how bout citing all the ones that ? your argument, u know, the one where krit is just a rapper and kendrick is an artist

and please tell me these 4 other tracks like children of the world, please.
  • _Goldie_
    edited September 2014
    Options
    First the ? says "nobody said that" then he says "oh , but Im sure he has other reasons" lmaoooo Its too late to be laughin this hard lol

I cant quote when someone killed my argument cuz all you mfs been doing is catchin feelings and flaggin my ? . I say "its idiotic to think cuz a ? produces and the other doesnt ,the one who produces is the better artist" and ? flag it lol Yall ? worse than Em stans.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2014
    Options
    First the ? says "nobody said that" then he says "oh , but Im sure he has other reasons" lmaoooo Its too late to be laughin this hard lol

I cant quote when someone killed my argument cuz all you mfs been doing is catchin feelings and flaggin my ? . I say "its idiotic to think cuz a ? produces and the other doesnt ,the one who produces is the better artist" and ? flag it lol Yall ? worse than Em stans.

and i dont think anyone outright said him being a producer is the only reason he is a better artist, as i said b4, it adds, but personally id consider krit the better artist if there was a different name on the same beats..

i said what now? dont misconstrue me, ? . i said i aint think anyone said it, i aint said i looked back at every post and memorized em word for word and concluded that "damn aint nobody say that ? at all". i aint got that much time on my hands

I cant quote when someone killed my argument cuz all you mfs been doing is catchin feelings and flaggin my ? . I say "its idiotic to think cuz a ? produces and the other doesnt ,the one who produces is the better artist" and ? flag it lol

u keep sayin u laughing, but seems like u laughin to keep from cryin to me, how many damn times u gon bring this up, man up, ? find what u said as ? ? , its ok, playas ? up, u'll be aight boy. i gave u an lol so hopefully that brightens ur spirits.
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    lol @ "i dont think"

jerry-seinfield-getting-up.gif

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

oh gawd the irony...

werent u supposed to be on a sabbatical from this forum that is beneath ur intelligence, city slicker.

but ay, lftu wasnt great, but it was still solid, his free albums more than make up for it, at least imo, lemme guess, gkmc is the greatest album in the history of recent history to u too?

no bamma ..looks like those backwoods educational systems have failed you once again ... i simply stated that i was off the basketball thread till i felt like sonnin you ? once again ...does this look like the basketball thread to you bamma? read bamma read... funny enough you sound like you missed my presence however ..lols

GKMC is the greatest piece of audio recording to be put to wax since purple rain AND thriller ... oh as well as the name is bootsy, baby!
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol that escalated quickly

We can agree to disagree....good and valid points were made for both sides of the argument....do I feel Krit is a better artist because he has more responsibility when it comes to creating an entire track/MixAlbum/Album by himself (producing, mixing, writing..doing hooks and bridges...) as opposed to just worrying about rapping and doing hooks and bridges yes.....did I clearly say Kendrick was the better rapper and has found a way to appeal to a broader audience....yes...have I been on record as saying LFTU was a let down on this message board...yes, plenty of times....and that's no secret...did the album suck no, but was it a great album no....it was just solid...we all have different views and opinions....it is what it is....nobody is wrong here they're both dope artist....

As far as being popular is concerned...I think a lot more than the actual music goes into being popular but that's a different argument....more popular doesn't mean more talented.....
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Krit songs be boring sometimes

He's still dope though
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whole lot if trolling and stans in here. I done saw somebody say Krit is a rap pity rap ass ? . Somebody said a great artist does more than just rap, but he write great hooks, bridges, even harmonizes, after listening to a Krit song he said that. Read that Kendrick Lamar's album is the greatest since Thriller and Purple Rain. I even read that a song about a liquor store is only relatable to ? in the South (cause ain't no liquor stores nowhere else, but Southern United States)
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

oh gawd the irony...

no bamma ..looks like those backwoods educational systems have failed you once again ... i simply stated that i was off the basketball thread till i felt like sonnin you ? once again ...does this look like the basketball thread to you bamma? read bamma read... funny enough you sound like you missed my presence however ..lols

GKMC is the greatest piece of audio recording to be put to wax since purple rain AND thriller ... oh as well as the name is bootsy, baby!

Ay mane dont type lols at me again, I thought only ? did that
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »
    Whole lot if trolling and stans in here. I done saw somebody say Krit is a rap pity rap ass ? . Somebody said a great artist does more than just rap, but he write great hooks, bridges, even harmonizes, after listening to a Krit song he said that. Read that Kendrick Lamar's album is the greatest since Thriller and Purple Rain. I even read that a song about a liquor store is only relatable to ? in the South (cause ain't no liquor stores nowhere else, but Southern United States)

Use the quote feature
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOTDAMN, peezy in this thread acting like a ? too smh
  • P. Town
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »

Use the quote feature

or I could you the @ feature @JerryfromJerz‌
  • P. Town
    Options
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I've been following along with ya'll debate. Peezy dawg, you never cease to amaze me when it comes to your bias. If this was any other artist outside of Cydel Young, you would be cosigning everything @JerryfromJerz‌ is saying right now about the shows, radio runs, and features, which is an extremely important point.

Let's talk about Troy Ave. The ? does all of that ? . He is not nearly as good of an artist as The Prince, but his buzz sure doesn't reflect that as of today. He has been on the Breakfast Club like 4 times, does more radio runs in general, more shows (notable ones like Summer Jam), and was featured on of the hottest Hip Hop mixtapes of the previous year. (Pusha-T's wrath of Cain preceding MNIMN). And yet, you would be ? on him, and agreeing with Jerz if the roles were switched. Come off it man.

With that said, I agree with you about the label being lazy 100% simply off the strength of Guitar Melody off of Hystori. ? can't tell me that ? didn't have ample potential for a single. Labels have gotten so ? ' lazy, they sit there and wait for the artist to make his own wave for them to ride, rather then helping the ? make it, and breaking records. Same problem we have with NY radio, applies here. Executives are ? LAZY LEACHES. I don't think the problem is so much his drive, as it is their lack of doing their job. There is blame to go around.

Small side note, if either Krit or CyHi were from NY or Cali, they'd probably both be more successful for a few factors. That is my honest opinion.