Were you disappointed in The Rock's 2012-2013 run?

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in Off The Turn Buckle
I had a discussion with my peeps about this and many actually liked his comeback.
They thought his interactions were good and even called the first match with Cena "awesome"....ugh

I was of course on the other side, I think it was mediocre at best.
Great feud with Punk, meh feud with Cena and his Match quality fell all the way off though.

Were you disappointed in The Rock's 2012-2013 run? 26 votes

Yeah
15%
MillzOGits....JOHN BRawAceSmokey Tha Bandit 4 votes
Nah
46%
gns5th Lettermikelewisillestni99ainneMr.LVStoneColdMikeyMister B.TheBoyRoDarkRaidengenocidecutterSuperSoakerTonyDubbz 12 votes
Meh
38%
Dupaceternal soldierRecaptimus_Prime360infamous114jonoIdiopathic JokerAlready Home_17lookdudeCockMcStuffinsPeezy_Jenkins 10 votes

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah
    I meant Nah, tgst punk and rock feud was top notch, and wrestlemania 2012 was the first time I watched wrestling in over a decade so I was happy to see he was still around
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah
    Seriously what were people expecting? For it to be like it was in the old WWF? FOH, it was fine for what it was
  • jono
    Options
    Meh
    I didnt have the greatest of expectations but I really believed it would be better than it was.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh
    didn't expect much anyway but the cena rock matches were chores to sit thru, punk match was good of course, I thought punk should have dropped the strap at no way out tho
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt care im.not into wrestling that much no more just wanted to see one.more match from the great one
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The mic work was good as usual.

He put in good work in the ring.

So, yeah, it was good I guess.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jono
    Options
    Meh
    @RawAce‌
    @MillzOG‌

Mind explaining why you were disappointed?
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah
    I wasn't expecting him to have the same leeway to be able to say whatever he wanted like before.....I just wasn't all that entertained. He came off as corny as hell and I'm of the impression that Cena KILLED rock on the mic when they had their back and forth leading up to Wrestlemania. (That's the time period we're talking bout right?)

And I hate Cena btw.
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He should have never came back.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah
    @jono ? yo ass asked me to explain on the internets you better at least comment on my explanation b! Lol
  • jono
    Options
    Meh
    MillzOG wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting him to have the same leeway to be able to say whatever he wanted like before.....I just wasn't all that entertained. He came off as corny as hell and I'm of the impression that Cena KILLED rock on the mic when they had their back and forth leading up to Wrestlemania. (That's the time period we're talking bout right?)

And I hate Cena btw.
    I was talking about his whole return but for the most part yeah.

I'm not the biggest Rock mark so I already thought dude was corny, cookie ? and fruity pebbles only solidified it for me.

I think the feud with Punk was dope though, there wasn't any joking around, no silly kid ? involved, so I thought that part of his return was good but the Cena stuff was ugh.
    He should have never came back.

I was thinking the same thing once the bell rang to end Wrestlemania 28 and he lost the title. After awhile though...I sort of just realized that his return after being gone so long was sort of refreshing in itself so I took that as a positive.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah
    The rock is back home and I will never ....... Leave you again

Yeah, I was disappointed
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Meh
    RawAce wrote: »
    The rock is back home and I will never ....... Leave you again

Yeah, I was disappointed

Lmao He say that ? every time he returns
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh
    i loved when he beat cena, the punk fued was fun,

the rock concert was meh
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh
    I wasn't expecting nothing big. It served its purpose.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Meh
    Rock is ? without Austin
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Nah
    I'm not disappointed at all. That run was ? and we all knew it, but with the 'E losing money (and fans) by the assload, Vince knew that Dwayne could generate some interest and cash for one or two PPVs with him as the #1 contender/champ.

We all hated it cause it was part-time, but it was nice seeing dude in the ring again, especially since we know 70% of the roster ain't worth a ? . So, giving the Rock the strap (and having him intro the new, current belt) was a sound decision.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh
    I thought promo wise rock was pretty good tho, minus note on arm gate
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah
    For somebody who was away from the business for so long he did a pretty good job in my opinion
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh
    I know the gimmick has been beaten dead since they have done it and are doing it now with The Miz, but I'd like to see how The Rock would fair with the Hollywood Heel gimmick again. He didn't have too many movies out at the time when that gimmick was used, but now that he had a resume, he may be able to draw real heat.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know the gimmick has been beaten dead since they have done it and are doing it now with The Miz, but I'd like to see how The Rock would fair with the Hollywood Heel gimmick again. He didn't have too many movies out at the time when that gimmick was used, but now that he had a resume, he may be able to draw real heat.

Thats why The Rock is my fav. Fans would boo the ? out of him and he would turn around and make them laugh at themselves.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah
    I went into it knowing what we were gonna get so I enjoyed it for what it was.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah
    I was disappointed becase I knew what was gonna happen from the jump. I was just hoping that Rock would beat Cena clean and Cena would turn heel then beat Rock but of course, that didnt happen and I was ? .

Im disappointed but I shouldnt be because I knew what would happen.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whens the last time rock made a appearance? (besides wrestlemania)