So is ? all seeing or not?

TX_Made713
TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD ? as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD ? among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD ? called to the man, "Where are you?"

Genesis 4 wrote:
The LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering, 5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.

6 Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."

9 Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?"
"I don't know," he replied. "Am I my brother's keeper?"

10 The LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth."
Genesis 6 wrote:
5 The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. 6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. 7 So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them." 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

Should WHY be in gods vocabulary?

first off ? walking in the garden means hes visible correct? or was this "the son". Then the bible lies about no man has ever seen good. Didnt ? see this coming with cain and abel and the flood?

second how does ? not know where they are in a garden he built himself? I thought he was all seeing all knowing?

and last

If we have free will then ? cant be all seeing and all knowing. If we dont, then life is nothing more than a giant movie with everybody sticking to the script.

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Are you serious?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Are you serious?
    Don't mind him, he forgot to take his meds today.
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010

very christian like post of you

riddle me this. should why be in gods vocabulary. yes or not
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited July 2010
    Are you serious?

Why is he not serious?

This is a good questions. I have already done a thread of free will and got nothing more than "I think it means" or "It might possibly mean", No one can explain that ? except those who create their own story to work around it and by own story I mean bouncin off path and cuttin through the forest.

? is all knowing, he should not be unaware of where someone is residing, someone is located, or why someone is feeling bad.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    very christian like post of you

riddle me this. should why be in gods vocabulary. yes or not

You have no clue what your even talking about TxMade. It's just ridiculous the stuff that you come up with. Your on the same page as Ether. Your shock posters. Your just playing your position.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010

lol

What he's quoting doesn't have any background to ? not being "all seeing".

TX, what ? is doing is pretty much getting on the level of humans. He already knows where he is and how he feels. He asks so that we may communicate with Him.

It's very similar to when my child is upset, I already know the problem but I still ask. When she answers, I'm able to explain the situation so she can learn from it. That is all. This doesn't show ? is not all seeing/knowing.
    8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD ? as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD ? among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD ? called to the man, "Where are you?"

This is basically saying, ? knows that he is hiding. He is letting it be known. He already knows where he is at, now letting him know I know you're hiding. Adam comes out though right? He already knew he was in trouble.
    The LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering, 5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.

6 Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."

9 Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?"
    "I don't know," he replied. "Am I my brother's keeper?"

10 The LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth."

The questions he asks aren't for His benefit of knowing, since He already knows. It's for the person to who He speaks. Some are rhetorical questions, some are questions that come to explain the situation for us to learn from. The first one you quoted is both. He's letting Cain know He is addressing that He sees that he is upset and then explains the reasoning behind it.

The second one, "where is your brother Abel" is stating pretty much the same thing with the "where are you" line. ? knows, He's making it known to Cain that He knows that Abel is gone.

The last one, what have you done, is really rhetorical. It's like when something happens and you trip out. "What did you do!!" when you already seen it.

? is just being on the level of the people, otherwise we could never speak or relate to Him. I guess you can call it, anthropomorphism language. It's just Him as ? relating to human emotions so that we can say we can relate to Him.
    5 The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. 6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. 7 So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them." 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

Again, as I stated above in my last comment.

How is ? NOT all knowing?

For Adam/Eve, Cain/Abel

For his eyes [are] upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings. [There is] no darkness, nor shadow of death, where the workers of iniquity may hide themselves.

Job 34:21-22
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    You have no clue what your even talking about TxMade. It's just ridiculous the stuff that you come up with. Your on the same page as Ether. Your shock posters. Your just playing your position.

Is this your cop out to answering my question? this isnt a shock thread

"Its in the bible so believe it!"
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    lol

What he's quoting doesn't have any background to ? not being "all seeing".

TX, what ? is doing is pretty much getting on the level of humans. He already knows where he is and how he feels. He asks so that we may communicate with Him.

This is making an assumption that he already knows. But by this logic lets assume your right and he already knows. Well then that means anything we do, we are blameless for it. He already knows what decisions we will make and has the power to stop it but doesnt. So in other words life is a script and he is the grand architect.

So we are really following his will all along.

its like hes sitting in a theatre watching a movie that has already been made. So how can he condemn anyone to hell for something they were programmed to do in the first place

the last scripture you posted just shows a contradiction in the bible
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010
    Why is he not serious?

This is a good questions. I have already done a thread of free will and got nothing more than "I think it means" or "It might possibly mean", No one can explain that ? except those who create their own story to work around it and by own story I mean bouncin off path and cuttin through the forest.

? is all knowing, he should not be unaware of where someone is residing, someone is located, or why someone is feeling bad.

Why you don't understand is because you misinterpret.

Anyway,

For if our heart condemn us, ? is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

1 John 3:20

? knows all things, everything. It's seriously mind blowing and hard to wrap your mind around such greatness. That's why you think it's impossible, and it isn't for ? .
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited July 2010
    Why you don't understand is because you misinterpret.

Anyway,

For if our heart condemn us, ? is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

1 John 3:20

? knows all things, everything. It's seriously mind blowing and hard to wrap your mind around such greatness. That's why you think it's impossible, and it isn't for ? .

Do I need to make the free will and future thread again and have a serious debate with you about this all knowing ? .
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010
    This is making an assumption that he already knows. But by this logic lets assume your right and he already knows. Well then that means anything we do, we are blameless for it. He already knows what decisions we will make and has the power to stop it but doesnt. So in other words life is a script and he is the grand architect.

So we are really following his will all along.

its like hes sitting in a theatre watching a movie that has already been made. So how can he condemn anyone to hell for something they were programmed to do in the first place

the last scripture you posted just shows a contradiction in the bible

No, free will =

John 14:15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.

John 15:7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

Romans 2:10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with ? .

1 Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain [it]. 25 And everyone who competes [for] [the] [prize] is temperate in all things. Now they [do] [it] to obtain a perishable crown, but we [for] an imperishable [crown].

1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 13 I urge you in the sight of ? who gives life to all things, and [before] Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you keep [this] commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing.

2 Timothy 2:21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.

1 John 5:1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of ? , and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him.

Why would he give us choices then? It's our choice, it says so here. IF, WHOEVER, EVERYONE WHO, URGE all are a sign of choice. It doesn't state here that YOU MUST, it says if you do, I urge you, etc.

How is there no free will? Free will isn't for ? 's pleasure, to laugh at. It's for us to learn from.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010
    Also, how was my last verse a contradiction??

And @ Chozen, I don't care man. If you want to then it's whatever.
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    so what is your definition of free will?

the ability to make uninterrupted decisions correct?

choose the world or ? ?

if your friends with a psychic , and he knows everything your going to do one day

lets say your going to work, going to get in a fight over something petty and get fired, then lose your house due to not paying your bills yadda yadda hard times

#1 would you let the person your friend which is someone you love know "Hey man dont do anything stupid! I got a strong feeling about today" personally

#2 would you leave a journal thats been translated in different languages over a persion of 2,000 years old on the table, expect them to read it on their own and knowl them its the truth to prevent them from doing the stupid deed. then being angry that they did it anyway and throw them on the street for life

...what do you call that?
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010
    so what is your definition of free will?

the ability to make uninterrupted decisions correct?

choose the world or ? ?

if your friends with a psychic , and he knows everything your going to do one day

lets say your going to work, going to get in a fight over something petty and get fired, then lose your house due to not paying your bills yadda yadda hard times

#1 would you let the person your friend which is someone you love know "Hey man dont do anything stupid! I got a strong feeling about today" personally

#2 would you leave a journal thats been translated in different languages over a persion of 2,000 years old on the table, expect them to read it on their own and knowl them its the truth to prevent them from doing the stupid deed. then being angry that they did it anyway and throw them on the street for life

...what do you call that?

Free will is choices we made. We know the good, the bad. We choose to do the good or bad. Our choices are free of our will. We will learn from them in the end, or not, some don't learn at all because they don't care, and guess what, that's a choice.

So for me to stop a friend to say, I have a gut feeling be careful was free will on my part because I could've not done that. It's just choices bro.

It's for OUR learning, OUR growing. If we didn't have free will we would all be already programed to do whatever was ? 's will. Then from that we wouldn't learn from experiences because we wouldn't be able to choose bad, sin, evil etc.

There was free will in the beginning. Eve had 2 choices, eat the fruit or NOT. Her choice was TO, even after being told not to by ? . So it is free will.

And that's what free will is to me. What is it to you?
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Free will is choices we made. We know the good, the bad. We choose to do the good or bad. Our choices are free of our will. We will learn from them in the end, or not, some don't learn at all because they don't care, and guess what, that's a choice.

So for me to stop a friend to say, I have a gut feeling be careful was free will on my part because I could've not done that. It's just choices bro.

It's for OUR learning, OUR growing. If we didn't have free will we would all be already programed to do whatever was ? 's will. Then from that we wouldn't learn from experiences because we wouldn't be able to choose bad, sin, evil etc.

There was free will in the beginning. Eve had 2 choices, eat the fruit or NOT. Her choice was TO, even after being told not to by ? . So it is free will.

And that's what free will is to me. What is it to you?

thats exactly my point.

and by your own words, ? knows where you are correct? so he mustve known satan was in the garden the minute he came. he knew satan was talking to eve.

by definition of "All knowing" he mustve knew the decision eve was going to make so tell me, what stopped him from ridding the garden of the snake to begin with?

hes ? , why not have some special guard to keep him out if he knew that could happen? he did it when he threw adam and eve out did he not?
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010
    thats exactly my point.

and by your own words, ? knows where you are correct? so he mustve known satan was in the garden the minute he came. he knew satan was talking to eve.

by definition of "All knowing" he mustve knew the decision eve was going to make so tell me, what stopped him from ridding the garden of the snake to begin with?

hes ? , why not have some special guard to keep him out if he knew that could happen? he did it when he threw adam and eve out did he not?

Yes, and if it wasn't for that fruit and sin, would we be here? Would this earth exist through so many people? No. ? took place, sex out of marriage took place, so much took place that brought us into this world.

If ? hates sin, why create it? Hey, it's his plan. He created good and evil, He created all things. This is how He wanted the road to roll. Don't ask me dude, when you die and get the chance ask Him yourself.

All I can say is the typical, "It's ? 's plan". In which it really is, it's his plan to let everything unfold the way it did/does for our own self knowing, learning and growing.
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Yes, and if it wasn't for that fruit and sin, would we be here? Would this earth exist through so many people? No. ? took place, sex out of marriage took place, so much took place that brought us into this world.

If ? hates sin, why create it? Hey, it's his plan. He created good and evil, He created all things. This is how He wanted the road to roll. Don't ask me dude, when you die and get the chance ask Him yourself.

All I can say is the typical, "It's ? 's plan". In which it really is, it's his plan to let everything unfold the way it did/does for our own self knowing, learning and growing.

so your saying by not listening to ? is the only way to advance society? and if its "just his plan" then how is that free will?

exactly if he hates sin why create it? cause he didnt.

its the bible that did
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010
    so your saying by not listening to ? is the only way to advance society? and if its "just his plan" then how is that free will?

exactly if he hates sin why create it? cause he didnt.

its the bible that did

? Himself said He created good and evil. So what?

His plan is for people to worship Him, not to sin. If it wasn't for sin many upon many wouldn't have existed or exist now. There has to be evil for there to be good, otherwise how can we know good? One cannot be without the other. We must know what both are, choose from there.

You make it seem so complicated by pressing on and on with the subject. It's easy to understand really. You see we are given options as I posted by ? , they aren't said to us that we MUST but that IF we do, IF we choose then that is GOOD. Like I said we are to learn from our choices. If we don't learn from our choices then how can we know what was good or bad in the first place? We would never learn, therefore never knowing the significance of Jesus and his death. If we weren't meant to choose, we would be all doing ONE thing.

Do you freely choose to do things everyday? Do you freely drive where you want? Do you freely eat what you want? Do you freely sin? Do you freely choose ? ?

Yes, you do. It's on YOU to make the choice. You will learn from your choices. You will change due to your choices.

If it's freely done by us, it's our will to do these things, it's free will for us to have.
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    ? Himself said He created good and evil. So what?

His plan is for people to worship Him, not to sin. If it wasn't for sin many upon many wouldn't have existed or exist now. There has to be evil for there to be good, otherwise how can we know good? One cannot be without the other. We must know what both are, choose from there.

You make it seem so complicated by pressing on and on with the subject. It's easy to understand really. You see we are given options as I posted by ? , they aren't said to us that we MUST but that IF we do, IF we choose then that is GOOD. Like I said we are to learn from our choices. If we don't learn from our choices then how can we know what was good or bad in the first place? We would never learn, therefore never knowing the significance of Jesus and his death. If we weren't meant to choose, we would be all doing ONE thing.

Do you freely choose to do things everyday? Do you freely drive where you want? Do you freely eat what you want? Do you freely sin? Do you freely choose ? ?

Yes, you do. It's on YOU to make the choice. You will learn from your choices. You will change due to your choices.

If it's freely done by us, it's our will to do these things, it's free will for us to have.

i see what your trying to say, but your the one making this more complicated than it is

im just callin it how i see it

free will isnt free will if your destiny is already written out for you. can you say the characters in a book have free will? lets say harry potter? that analogy is a parody of life.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Sounds like rhetorical questions for one, for two, how many times have you asked someone something you already knew the answer to, to see if they would tell the truth? Not saying that is what ? was doing, but it's possible.
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Sounds like rhetorical questions for one, for two, how many times have you asked someone something you already knew the answer to, to see if they would tell the truth? Not saying that is what ? was doing, but it's possible.

im not sayin he wasnt or was. he couldve. but then again back to my example

the purpose of the tree of knowledge is? why was it in the garden if ? didnt want humans to touch it? who else was there? and if ? just "knows" whos in the garden how did he not catch the snake when it first appeared? did ? want humanity to be detered?

vibes argument was yes, so we could make it to where we are now

yet ? detested what we became with sin and all which brings up the flood

its like if your "all knowing" then you would know this would happen and if you want to prevent that, just dont place the tree of knowledge in the garden
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    im not sayin he wasnt or was. he couldve. but then again back to my example

the purpose of the tree of knowledge is? why was it in the garden if ? didnt want humans to touch it? who else was there? and if ? just "knows" whos in the garden how did he not catch the snake when it first appeared? did ? want humanity to be detered?

vibes argument was yes, so we could make it to where we are now

yet ? detested what we became with sin and all which brings up the flood

its like if your "all knowing" then you would know this would happen and if you want to prevent that, just dont place the tree of knowledge in the garden

Oh phooey, if you're going to look at it so literal, the conversation can only go so far and in certain directions.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited July 2010
    Oh phooey, if you're going to look at it so literal, the conversation can only go so far and in certain directions.

But its the word of ? it has to be literal, it this isnt literal than the rest of the book isn't either!!!!!!! And we know it's foolish to think it's only a fable.
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    But its the word of ? it has to be literal, it this isnt literal than the rest of the book isn't either!!!!!!! And we know it's foolish to think it's only a fable.

thats what im sayin?

its like people spit scriptures at you to follow it literally then turn around and tell you its symbolic

then turn around and say follow the 10 commandmnets to the 10

its like wtf do yall want? why would ? put the secret to life in a cross word puzzle? just make it plain and simple, idiot proof
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010
    There's the literal and there's your "symbolic". You gotta know how to differentiate it all. Some of it is hard to, because you're not sure.

Anyways, fact is, we do have free will.

? 's knowledge doesn't have anything to do with our out come. ? knows everything, yes. He didn't live our lives for us, he didn't string us up as puppets and walk us around to A to B to C to live our lives. We've made our OWN decisions. ? 's foreknowledge doesn't mean we don't have free will. Seriously, THINK ABOUT IT. Think about what you're saying. You're basically saying, ? is controlling us as robots, living our lives for us, doing things for us THROUGH US. If that was the case then we sure in hell wouldn't have FREE WILL. But the fact of the matter is, we DO! That's why I say, the bible says, IF! Oh golly what does IF mean? IF = a possible choice, IF I GO = maybe I will or maybe I won't. There's two choices. Pick one, there's free will.

The more you think about it the more you'll see how it doesn't make sense. If I keep talking about it I'm just gonna keep repeating myself over and over. It's really that easy to see and understand, I don't see what's so hard.