Which of these guys is the biggest star?

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in Off The Turn Buckle
All legends without a doubt but which one do you believe was/is the biggest star.

6d312aa223b380000538e27b304799c0.jpg

b8f4951d03c39b96f090ccb086699964.jpg

2ff57eeaaa6cd20e0e06107b07c616e8.jpg

Which of these guys is the biggest star? 9 votes

Jake "The Snake" Roberts
11%
playboy buddy rose 1 vote
"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
11%
its....JOHN B 1 vote
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper
77%
infamous114jonoRobCoLifeVIBElookdudeYoung GunnerSuperSoaker 7 votes

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    piper
    Jake
    Ted
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    As one of the few who actually remembers wrestling from when these cats were getting it in in their prime it goes

Piper (especially on a mainstream pop culture level, he was THE heel going into the OG WM)
    Dibiase
    The Snake
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
    It's hard to argue against Piper but my favorite on the list is DiBiase. I think Ted had the best career out of all of them and he never held a singles championship in WWF.

No doubt Piper was a bigger mainstream star though, he had that angle with Cyndi Lauper and main evented the first Wrestlemania.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    DiBiase and then Jake were my two most favorite wrestlers out of the 3 in that order. But Rowdy Roddy Piper's impact at that time is undeniable. He was Hogan's Lex Luthor. Even when I started watching regularly in late '87 and he was slowing down he was still always on top or right behind the top of the card and getting crazy reactions. I remember one time back when we used to bring the toys to school for trading or playing during lunchtime and ? most people brought his figure so we all cancelled each other out lol.