Cormega vs Jay Z

ShadyTeam
ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Face Off Forum
I personally prefer Cormega i think Lyrically he offers much more and he has made some good Album's like The Testiment & The Realness i wouldn't say he has an undisputable classic though while Jay Z has an arguable classic with Reasonable Doubt his best Album by far

I think Cormega has a wider range of topics but also Rap's about hustling like Jay Z but has more emotion & Soul in his Music

I think they both have a good Flow but Jay Z has a better ear for Beat's and Jay Z can Write Hit's something Cormeha has always fell short of is making that smash Hit

Hook's are what let's down both of them i think and they have no Harmony/Melody in their Music from them self they need Singers to do Hook's for them

Comments

• Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    he's( Cormega ) actually one of my favorite rappers

" Get out my way" was the ?

but to answer you question I think Jay has more variety and that makes him a better artist
  • ShadyTeam
    edited July 2010

but to answer you question I think Jay has more variety and that makes him a better artist

I think Jay Z has variety in Production and has a better Beat selection and can make cross over Hit's for Radio mainly due to Beat's provided by Timbaland and features from Singers like Beyonce & Alicia Keys

But Song Writting wise, Lyrically & as an MC who makes good album's Cormega with more content & substance>>>>>>>>>>>Jay Z
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    damn your threads just dont stop....you are the ic diddy......"cant stop,wont stop"
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    *looks at thread title*

*looks at T/S' name*

*makes mental note to never take anything T/S says seriously*
  • ShadyTeam
    edited July 2010
    lyrically, no comparison: Cormega
    commercially, no comparison: Jay-Z
    street-cred, no discussion: Cormega
    trusted to sell out, no discussion: yungCamel

By street cred if you mean that Cormega gets played in the hood way more then Jay Z i agree

It's true Jay Z has commercial appeal he has sold 60 million records but this is down to Production from Timbaland, Dr Dre, Kanye West, Just Blaze & from features on Hook's from everyone from Beyonce to Alicia Key's to R Kelly to Mary J Blige to Rihanna & the fact he used Young Chris Flow & Notorious B.I.G.'s style helped him

Being pushed by Def Jam a huge label too
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010

'That JayZ Nas beef doesn't involve me...I'm sorry"
  • ShadyTeam
    edited July 2010
    No one can name a bad Album Cormega has made while he doesn't have a near classic or a universally accepted classic he has pretty much made good Album's

While Jay Z has a lotta wack Album's like Volume 3, The Dynasty, Blueprint 2, Kingdome Come, Blueprint 3

Reasonable Doubt is considered a classic by a lotta people but not universally by everyone so that's the closest Album Jay Z has to a classic and his best album
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I ? with The Realness was bumpin that yesterday.
  • gboykin
    gboykin Members Posts: 9
    edited July 2010
    Jay-Z is good but hes music has no substance he bites rhymes from biggie all the time hes basicly spitting the same ? on each album cormega has put out classic hip hop albums since he came not just one his reall hes diverse it has substance its the realness and hes better lyricly then jay the realness > reasonable doubt true meaning >the bluebprint (1 2 & 3) lol
  • ShadyTeam
    edited July 2010
    The Relness is very dope IMO and i do agree it is much better than Reasonable Doubt
  • Neva_Change
    Neva_Change Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Mega is slept on. The True Meaning gets still play to this day. Overall Jay wins but lyrically Mega got this and his content is more real.

• ShadyTeam
    edited July 2010
    sboogie wrote: »
    True meaning is my ? , but let's be real. Mega loses to Jay in several categories:
    charisma
    crowd control
    lyrics, yes lyrics
    story telling skills
    etc

Jay Z doesn't have charisma like an Eminem, Redman or 50 Cent

Lyrically Cormega is far superior to Jay Z

Story Telling wise Cormega is alot better than Jay Z
  • Neva_Change
    Neva_Change Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    Jay Z doesn't have charisma like an Eminem, Redman or 50 Cent

Lyrically Cormega is far superior to Jay Z

Story Telling wise Cormega is alot better than Jay Z

Co-sign the bolded. Mega def wins in the storytelling department. He's got stories for days.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    "Get out my way", "Montana Diary", "Testament", "Dead man walking" >>>>>>> Jay's suspect catalog....

lol @ the Punjabi Prostitute claiming Eminem has charisma
  • ShadyTeam
    edited July 2010
    Yamoley wrote: »
    "Get out my way", "Montana Diary", "Testament", "Dead man walking" >>>>>>> Jay's suspect catalog....

Agreed & who says Jay Z has a suspect catalouge? he has a below average catalouge

Everyone knows he has arguabley one classic with Reasonable Doubt

And that he has made so many poor Album's
  • YamoleySensei
    edited July 2010
    I do not own a Jay z album, but i own True meaning.
    Most of y'all are not being objective.
    You may not like Jay, but saying his catalogue is below avg or suspect is SUBJECTIVE HATE.

That ? ain't hate....Jay got too many chinks in his armor. While I agree that ShadyTeam/Dretox is an idiot 95% of the time, she's right about him having a boatload of duds in his discography.

Vol. 3 - ass, Dynasty - disappointing, BP2 - would've been dope if it was a single cd but that was a double LP congested with fillers, TBA - weak production, Kingdom Come - should've been scrapped from the get go and finally, BP3 - a mishmash pop and techno ? .... I would include those horrid BOBW's albums but that was a group effort....
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    ONLY and I Mean ONLY in the reason will cormega win over Jay-z SMMFH
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Yamoley wrote: »
    That ? ain't hate....Jay got too many chinks in his armor. While I agree that ShadyTeam/Dretox is an idiot 95% of the time, she's right about him having a boatload of duds in his discography.

Vol. 3 - ass, Dynasty - disappointing, BP2 - would've been dope if it was a single cd but that was a double LP congested with fillers, TBA - weak production, Kingdom Come - should've been scrapped from the get go and finally, BP3 - a mishmash pop and techno ? .... I would include those horrid BOBW's albums but that was a group effort....

VOl 3 had what 4 bad songs and some of the beats could've been better but it's still better than any mega album Bp2 if it was a single cd it would've been better i can't argue that but lyrically ? 's on mega. The black Album kills mega again. mega doesn't have anything to put up against a verse on that album. kingdom come had it's high points Bp3 was dope you just following the reason hate trend saying it was pop and techno foh.
    Mega has nothing without the mention of NAS. oh yeah maybe the block but how far does that get you lol
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    hmmm a mega vs jay thread and mega is actually winning...smh
  • YamoleySensei
    edited July 2010
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    VOl 3 had what 4 bad songs and some of the beats could've been better but it's still better than any mega album Bp2 if it was a single cd it would've been better i can't argue that but lyrically ? 's on mega. The black Album kills mega again. mega doesn't have anything to put up against a verse on that album. kingdom come had it's high points Bp3 was dope you just following the reason hate trend saying it was pop and techno foh.
    Mega has nothing without the mention of NAS. oh yeah maybe the block but how far does that get you lol

Damn, homie....how much of that Jigga Juice you've been sipping on?

lol @ Vol. 3 being better than any Mega album, you must living on another planet or you get high off paint thinner on a regular basis...Kingdom Come hardly had any high points and BP3 is a Reason hate trend? That's news to me but if that's the case, BP3 deserve every single ounce of hate it receives....lackluster effort on Jay's part, forgettable rhymes, lame guest features, wack production, and FOREVER YOUNG, or Young Forever, whatever that ? is called. BP3 is easily his wackest album out his catalog. Mega's catalog >>> Jay-Z...
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    You all are entitled to your opinions. I just think it's crazy to say that Jay and Mega are in the same league. A best of Jay would crush a best of Mega album.

100% co-sign............
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Seriously is shadyteam a female??
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Technically, Jay is better MC, but I would rather listen to Cormega's material, which is one of the most consistent in the game. You compare indie MC against one of world's most famous names.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Mega Montana all day
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    hmmm a mega vs jay thread and mega is actually winning...smh

this not a popularity contest or something based on commercial marketability and radio friendly hits

Mega a true blue lyricist and more than deserves his props for constant high quality hip hop for over 10 plus.