Options

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Peeny_Wally WTF is a Peeny_Wally? And can I drive your wheel chair?

@VulcanRaven‌ a peeny wally is a Jamaican term for a firefly, as @Copper‌ correctly gif'd.
    It was either peeny wallyor leggo beast, and I'm not a leggo beast so yeah...peeny wally it was.

Of course you can ride my chair. Just gently lower me on a bench first. Thanks.

Holup!

kevin-in-disbelief-gif.gif

So you're allowing other men to touch you?

Nah not rounyuh you not
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification.

I see no problem with that.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why are you so G.O.A.T?

Hot cheetos or regular cheetos?

You ? with the new guy playing doctor who?

Excuse me miss, do you have any grey poupon?

@BARON_$AMEDI‌ I don't really like crisps (aka chips) so I haven't tried the hot cheetos. I suppose I'd prefer them as I like spicy food in general.

I don't watch doctor who lol. As long it's he's not played by that alien-looking Matt Smith, I'm sure it'll be watchable.

Lol, no gray poupon.
    Bruh!!!!!!!!! You haven't lived!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get these in yo life A.S.A.P!!!!
    [img]http://shisha-bongs-? -pipes.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/flaminghotcheetos1.png[/img]

Yooooooooooo, I thought he was just an average looking white dude from the U.K. I always thought he looked weird as ? . Girls in the U.K was going crazy over him lol. Like y'all don't see this being from the planet of mars like the rest of us?

• The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @Peeny_Wally
    You must be one of the OG posters who recently started posting heavy again, because in my time spent here I've rarely seen you post until recently. You’re definitely one of the GOAT female posters from my perspective now, perfect combination of intelligence and wit.

Anyway here are a few questions:

-How would you describe growing up and being black in Europe - any experiences with racism? I've noticed from my time spent on various forums, many European whites like to stick their proverbial nose up at the rest of the world (while simultaneously trying to inveigle non-European blacks) by pretentiously referring to the various European societies that they've created, as if they’re completely tolerant, utopian places entrenched with progression and altruism.

-Have you ever been to the US?

-Do you have any guilty pleasures/hobbies/escapisms?

-What are a few things that you find attractive about American culture?

-What’s your favorite British slang, which do you to use most frequently?

-Favorite black British historic figure?

-Most overrated European historic figure?

-Favorite British music artists? (of any of the genres you like)

-What are some non-physical qualities that you look for in a significant other?

-There are people who are very open-minded and have diverse interests – value a myriad of things that are outside the paradigm of conformity created by the social group they belong to, you strike me as such an individual, so on a scale of 1-10 how eclectic are you?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? happens wrote: »

@VulcanRaven‌ a peeny wally is a Jamaican term for a firefly, as @Copper‌ correctly gif'd.
    It was either peeny wallyor leggo beast, and I'm not a leggo beast so yeah...peeny wally it was.

Holup!

Nah not rounyuh you not

I'm equally opportunity, male or female, if you want to use my chair, you better help me out of it. Hands only on my arms though.

@Peeny_Wally if you paralyzed how would you know if my hand touch your ? ?
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is by far the worst thread I have ever made..well 2nd to the taeboo thread
  • BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey, @Peeny_Wally‌!!

Who's some of your favorite hiphop artists?

If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?

Describe your best night ever.

Who's your favorite weed smoking nappy headed weird and silly female poster on the IC?
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Peeny_Wally
    You must be one of the OG posters who recently started posting heavy again, because in my time spent here I've rarely seen you post until recently. You’re definitely one of the GOAT female posters from my perspective now, perfect combination of intelligence and wit.

Well thank you kind sir! I've been here on and off since 2007 and I haven't really been around recently, but I'm trying to post more frequently lol. I too, enjoy your posts (no simp).

-How would you describe growing up and being black in Europe - any experiences with racism? I've noticed from my time spent on various forums, many European whites like to stick their proverbial nose up at the rest of the world (while simultaneously trying to inveigle non-European blacks) by pretentiously referring to the various European societies that they've created, as if they’re completely tolerant, utopian places entrenched with progression and altruism.

Eh, being black in Europe is...odd. I've experienced racism over here, mainly through educational channels, and just faced racial ignorance in general. I have relatives who have had it worse. One has 70% burns to her body because she was set on fire by skinheads.

Yes, often white Europeans do feel superior to the "crass, uncouth" Americans, and are under the assumption that they are more tolerant of racial, ethnical, and religious differences. That's laughable.
    While there isn't as many visible cases like Mike Brown, Trayvon, Sean Bell, Oscar Grant, etc..Europe is incredibly racist, and I find it astonishing when I hear some Americans (both black and white) suggest Europe is better.
    France and Sweden have become very politically right-wing. France's third largest political party is the Front National, headed by Marine Le Pen, the daughter of Jean-Marie Le Pen, a massive ? sympathiser, and all around racist. The EDL (English Defence League) are on the rise in the UK, and right-wing parties are growing all across Europe (see Greece, and Spain).

Then there's ? like this:

_59709180_racistcake1.jpg
    Sweden's culture minister is facing calls to step down after she was photographed cutting a cake shaped in the form of a naked black woman.

mario.jpg?w=720&h=462&l=69&t=25
    Mario Balotelli has found himself at the centre of a racism storm in Italy after the Milan vice-president Paolo Berlusconi described him as "the family's little ? ".
    Berlusconi, the younger brother of the former Italian prime minister Silvio, who is Milan's president, described Balotelli as "negretto di famiglia" at a political meeting in Monza and was filmed by reporters.

Obviously I could list more, but you get the picture.

But I think the worst thing about Europeans, is their ability to ignore racism. It's hard to fight something when people don't even want to act like it exists. The white Europeans just ignore it. Completely.
    What's even more disheartening is that too many black Europeans share their sentiment. You rarely see talks on racism in the media, you don't get people like Melissa Harris-Perry on our screens. You don't get people like Cornel West or Eric Holder talking about racism on ANY level. The black intelligentsia, politicians, and even activists are really silent in Europe.

Yes, I lived in L.A. and NYC for around 7 years in total. Great experience.

Unfortunately yes. I like watching mind-numbing Lifetime movies, scrolling through Tumblr for hours, and finding ? African movies on Youtube. I think I've lost some braincells due to all of this lol.

I appreciate that African Americans are more vocal about their issues.
    I suppose I admire that no other state has been able commodify their country like America has. Immigrants often say, they want to go to the US because they can realise their dreams there. Even when people migrate to countries across the world, there isn't the same sense of a starry-eyed fantasy involved. America sells a dream, and a lot of people buy it. I don't agree with it, but I find it very interesting.
    Oh, and I prefer your men and your food lol.

Don't really use much. I used to use the following in my teenage years:

-butters (ugly)
    -air pie (ignored)
    -decked (fell over)

Currently in the British youth's jargon:

-moist (referring to an embarrassing, or idiotic statement. Also refers to a displeasing statement)
    - pagan (snake, snitch, betrayer of friends)

Don't really have one and there aren't a lot to choose from who are specifically from Britain. Mary Seacole is very interesting and really one of the only black British figures the average Brit will have heard of.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Seacole

Wayyyy too many to choose from, but Margret Thatcher and Henry VIII come to mind. Both receive too much lesson time in school, and what is taught is skewered.
    In Thatcher's case, for all those ? who love her and praise her for privatising most of Britain's industries (Britsh Gas, British Rail, Rolls Royce, BP, British Airways, British Telecom, etc) she left No.10 with high unemployment and a weak economy.
    In Henry's case, while he separated the Church of England from the Roman Catholic church, we mainly spend time study his wife's, their deaths, and the fact he died fat.

Oh, and Winston Churchill too. Would rather learn more about Attlee who implemented out welfare system as we know it.

No favorite, but I like Corinne Bailey Rae, Omar, Hollie Cook, UB40, Magnetic Man, Kate Bush, Jesse Ware, Lianne La Havas, Mark Ronson, Pink Floyd, Dusty Spingfield, Gorillaz, Sting, Everything Everything, James Blake, Metronomy, Alex Clare, Terri Walker, Jamiroquai, the list goes on. I generally like most genres and music from all over the world. If you want any specific recommendations, let me know.

- Open-mindedness
    - To ability to admit when he's wrong
    - Emotionally mature
    -Ambitious
    -Kind

I've got more, but my post will start resembling a Match.com profile.

-There are people who are very open-minded and have diverse interests – value a myriad of things that are outside the paradigm of conformity created by the social group they belong to, you strike me as such an individual, so on a scale of 1-10 how eclectic are you?

7/8.

I love Barry Manilow, so maybe that'll help you place me on that scale lol.

Great questions and answers. It was always peculiar to me that there hasn't been that many social/political icons of african descent that have crossed over internationally in Europe compared to here in the US.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Peeny_Wally‌

Tabatha, would you mind posting a pic of your hands and forearms?
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Peeny_Wally

Well thank you kind sir! I've been here on and off since 2007 and I haven't really been around recently, but I'm trying to post more frequently lol. I too, enjoy your posts (no simp).

Eh, being black in Europe is...odd. I've experienced racism over here, mainly through educational channels, and just faced racial ignorance in general. I have relatives who have had it worse. One has 70% burns to her body because she was set on fire by skinheads.

Yes, often white Europeans do feel superior to the "crass, uncouth" Americans, and are under the assumption that they are more tolerant of racial, ethnical, and religious differences. That's laughable.
    While there isn't as many visible cases like Mike Brown, Trayvon, Sean Bell, Oscar Grant, etc..Europe is incredibly racist, and I find it astonishing when I hear some Americans (both black and white) suggest Europe is better.
    France and Sweden have become very politically right-wing. France's third largest political party is the Front National, headed by Marine Le Pen, the daughter of Jean-Marie Le Pen, a massive ? sympathiser, and all around racist. The EDL (English Defence League) are on the rise in the UK, and right-wing parties are growing all across Europe (see Greece, and Spain).

Then there's ? like this:

_59709180_racistcake1.jpg
    Sweden's culture minister is facing calls to step down after she was photographed cutting a cake shaped in the form of a naked black woman.

mario.jpg?w=720&h=462&l=69&t=25
    Mario Balotelli has found himself at the centre of a racism storm in Italy after the Milan vice-president Paolo Berlusconi described him as "the family's little ? ".
    Berlusconi, the younger brother of the former Italian prime minister Silvio, who is Milan's president, described Balotelli as "negretto di famiglia" at a political meeting in Monza and was filmed by reporters.

Obviously I could list more, but you get the picture.

But I think the worst thing about Europeans, is their ability to ignore racism. It's hard to fight something when people don't even want to act like it exists. The white Europeans just ignore it. Completely.
    What's even more disheartening is that too many black Europeans share their sentiment. You rarely see talks on racism in the media, you don't get people like Melissa Harris-Perry on our screens. You don't get people like Cornel West or Eric Holder talking about racism on ANY level. The black intelligentsia, politicians, and even activists are really silent in Europe.

Yes, I lived in L.A. and NYC for around 7 years in total. Great experience.

Unfortunately yes. I like watching mind-numbing Lifetime movies, scrolling through Tumblr for hours, and finding ? African movies on Youtube. I think I've lost some braincells due to all of this lol.

I appreciate that African Americans are more vocal about their issues.
    I suppose I admire that no other state has been able commodify their country like America has. Immigrants often say, they want to go to the US because they can realise their dreams there. Even when people migrate to countries across the world, there isn't the same sense of a starry-eyed fantasy involved. America sells a dream, and a lot of people buy it. I don't agree with it, but I find it very interesting.
    Oh, and I prefer your men and your food lol.

Don't really use much. I used to use the following in my teenage years:

-butters (ugly)
    -air pie (ignored)
    -decked (fell over)

Currently in the British youth's jargon:

-moist (referring to an embarrassing, or idiotic statement. Also refers to a displeasing statement)
    - pagan (snake, snitch, betrayer of friends)

Don't really have one and there aren't a lot to choose from who are specifically from Britain. Mary Seacole is very interesting and really one of the only black British figures the average Brit will have heard of.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Seacole

Wayyyy too many to choose from, but Margret Thatcher and Henry VIII come to mind. Both receive too much lesson time in school, and what is taught is skewered.
    In Thatcher's case, for all those ? who love her and praise her for privatising most of Britain's industries (Britsh Gas, British Rail, Rolls Royce, BP, British Airways, British Telecom, etc) she left No.10 with high unemployment and a weak economy.
    In Henry's case, while he separated the Church of England from the Roman Catholic church, we mainly spend time study his wife's, their deaths, and the fact he died fat.

Oh, and Winston Churchill too. Would rather learn more about Attlee who implemented out welfare system as we know it.

No favorite, but I like Corinne Bailey Rae, Omar, Hollie Cook, UB40, Magnetic Man, Kate Bush, Jesse Ware, Lianne La Havas, Mark Ronson, Pink Floyd, Dusty Spingfield, Gorillaz, Sting, Everything Everything, James Blake, Metronomy, Alex Clare, Terri Walker, Jamiroquai, the list goes on. I generally like most genres and music from all over the world. If you want any specific recommendations, let me know.

- Open-mindedness
    - To ability to admit when he's wrong
    - Emotionally mature
    -Ambitious
    -Kind

I've got more, but my post will start resembling a Match.com profile.

7/8.

I love Barry Manilow, so maybe that'll help you place me on that scale lol.

Very nice answers, greatly appreciate the clarity. It’s always refreshing to hear a perspective from a person of color that isn’t in the US.

Nice music taste, pretty diverse. I enjoy music from many different genres as well, so l’ll definitely look into the music artists you’ve named. I’ve been ? with Omar for a minute, and recently James Blake, Emeli Sande and a few others (due to my habit of looking up background songs from movies and video game highlights.) So I have a ton of respect for your music industry (in fact the US music industry often emulates the UK music industry and jumps on established music trends.)

You’re definitely very eclectic (which is obviously a huge positive.) You’re apparently modest as well, I’d rate you a bit higher on that eclectic scale.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaoooo, I'm going to hell, damn you Sanchez
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Americans are infatuated with the british accent. i guess it distinguishes authority and discipline to us, whats your take?
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I'm a gonna head and be the bigger man and walk up out this thread yo
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont have a questions just wanted to say tabatha has the sexiest voice on the IC ...she sounds like Sharon Carpenter...that is all
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? happens wrote: »

Holup!

Nah not rounyuh you not

I'm equally opportunity, male or female, if you want to use my chair, you better help me out of it. Hands only on my arms though.

@Peeny_Wally if you paralyzed how would you know if my hand touch your ? ?

I still have my eyes bruh.

We can fix that.

prometheus_engineer_smiling_gif_by_milky0candy-d5lonet.gif
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah.... I got a question ... so bust it .. ima get straight to the point

@Peeny_Wally ...Im in the process of setting up this little ..... how should i say...... "proposition" for a certain classy,regal and simply put... enthralling young lady individual that i feel may certainly be worthy of every piece of adulation that a young stand up kind of guy like myself can afford them ... however there's a certain piece of traditionally invaluable regalia that i also want to present during this "proposition" in order to ..well ..properly commemorate the importance of the event... so i ask
    ofq7me.jpg
    Round Or Princess Cut........?

You know ... just a question ... but ...I mean ...with all that being said ... i need your particular ... personal ... preference in regards to which direction i should go .. as of course i value your opinion on the matter ..

also

WHERE THE HELL IS MY NEW MUSIC AT THO?
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Sanchez wrote: »
    tabatha walks like this

h3D2E04E8

LMAO.......wow. ? 's whole life look like a video game glitch.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Americans are infatuated with the british accent. i guess it distinguishes authority and discipline to us, whats your take?

I think that's part of it, and I think classism is a part of it too.
    Mind you, the Americans aren't clamouring over themselves to hear the Scouser accent:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLb5LPJ-Ib8

Or like the East London boys:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLGQd2xv2KI

Usually yanks like the Downtown Abbey accent and I'd hazard a guess that it's partly because royalty and "those of good breeding" speak that way. I think classism has a lot to do with it and the idea that that particular British accent indicates wealth, a good education and intelligence. Hell, even some British people believe that ? .
    good answer, cosign

Lol@ desperate Scousewives... can't believe yall spoofed that

british comedy is hella underrated... Hot Fuzz was my ? and Mr Bean is the goat of all GOATs

recommend some more british slapstick, chap
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    ? Sanchez wrote: »
    tabatha walks like this

h3D2E04E8

Runs like QWOP lmao http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html

tumblr_inline_n2upx5r7bF1qa94ot.gif

"QWOP cosplay gif"
  • BlackCat
    BlackCat Members Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great thread! Hi @Peeny_Wally‌ I like your responses. You are both intelligent and Witty;)

I see that you are in U.k., what is the most popular food in London?

Are people usually dressed proper everywhere like in public places like schools, malls and etc. or they are more lax like us Americans and walk in sweats, shorts and flip flops?
    What is your favorite beer?
    Have you ever traveled anywhere in Africa before?
    How do u feel about digital books? Do you prefer them or paper print?

Do you read any Newspapers or Magazines?

What kind of art do you like? Any favorite painters old and contemporary?

I heard it rains in London often, do y'all wear rain coats and boots often through out the year?