Justin Gatlin takes 1st in 100m, and 200m at Final Diamond League Race, runs fastest 100m of 2014.

Options
BoldChild
BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has most likely won the entire league, and will get the prize of $40k, plus the Diamond league trophy.

I know many probably wont be interested in this because I haven't been keeping up with T&F news either.

He is currently 32 and was banned from the sport for 4 years, probably one of the top comebacks in T&F history, because 32 is old as ? to be running the times he is.

9.77sec to claim a dominant victory at the Memorial van Damme in Brussels.

The American, who has twice served doping bans, emphatically beat a world-class field toextend his unbeaten run to 17 races at the final Diamond League meeting of the season.

The time was a new personal best for the controversial sprinter at the age of 32. It equalled the mark he set in 2006 – then a joint world record – which was scratched from the history books following his first doping ban.

The win also earned him victory in the Diamond Race, the overall competition across all 14 Diamond League meetings of the year.

It raises the prospect of Gatlin posing a genuine challenge to Usain Bolt at next year’s World Championships, especially given the Jamaican’s fitness problems this season. The six-times Olympic gold medallist has ended his campaign.

The thought of a man who served a four-year ban before returning to the sport in 2010 winning a world title is one that many in the sport will find hard to stomach.

Great Britain’s former world 400m hurdles champion Dai Greene said on Twitter: “I enjoy watching athletics but it’s hard to do so when I’ve not raced because of injury and the coverage is full of drug cheats winning.”

The American Mike Rodgers finished second behind Gatlin in 9.93sec, while there was reason to cheer for Britain’s James Dasaolu after he ran a season’s best 10.00sec in fifth.

The European champion declared himself “happy” with his run as he finished ahead of Tyson ? , Nesta Carter, Richard Thompson and Kim Collins.

Elsewhere Eilidh Child, another European champion, was third in the 400m hurdles in 54.76.

Gatlin’s superb form continued in the men’s 200 metres as he completed the double, with only an hour between races.

He destroyed the field again, powering around the bend and lead them home at a canter and even looked slightly disappointed to see the time of 19.71 seconds when he crossed the line.

Gatlin’s compatriot Allyson Felix took both the Diamond Race and the best time of the year as she came home first in the women’s 200 metres.

The 28-year-old returned earlier this year after a nine-month injury lay-off but was too good for the rest of the Brussels field and clocked 22.02sec.

Myriam Soumare of France took second with a personal best of 22.11, with Great Britain’s Jodie Williams unhappy after finishing eighth.

“That was awful,” she conceded. “But I can’t complain really as I have had a great season but that was probably a step too far for me.”

Comments

• BoldChild
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Looks like that ? is back

on the juice

Nah, that ? probably being triple tested.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tommie Copper commercial in
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tommie Copper commercial in

That's the first thing I thought of when I seen the Thread title.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good news. Juice or not U.S. sprinters need to get back to dominance. Jamaicans been crushing the buildings for too damn long. And they are prolly cheating too. Talking bout they get their speed from eating yams. GTFOH
  • BoldChild
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Good news. Juice or not U.S. sprinters need to get back to dominance. Jamaicans been crushing the buildings for too damn long. And they are prolly cheating too. Talking bout they get their speed from eating yams. GTFOH

Word, Yohan Blake is the one that raises my eyebrows. I can accept Usain Bolt since he has always been crazy fast?

But Blake? He was ridiculously fast as a teen, but not to the point where you would think he was capable of dropping 19.2. Naw, hell nah. I mean it's not impossible, but this ? is too much of a coincidence.
  • O.G.
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

Word, Yohan Blake is the one that raises my eyebrows. I can accept Usain Bolt since he has always been crazy fast?

But Blake? He was ridiculously fast as a teen, but not to the point where you would think he was capable of dropping 19.2. Naw, hell nah. I mean it's not impossible, but this ? is too much of a coincidence.

Blake is exactly who i was talkin bout. I don't trust Nesta Carter either.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    You can't be faster off the juice, than on it. He's older now too? He's cheating again.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

on the juice

Just means that PEDs have once again evolved beyond the current testing protocol. Nothing to see here.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes in the juice
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

on the juice

The doctors n athletes always been a step ahead.They takin somethin now that will be in the news in 5 yrs
  • BoldChild
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

on the juice

The doctors n athletes always been a step ahead.They takin somethin now that will be in the news in 5 yrs

Nah, Gatlin's new times are largely because he was improved his running form during the latter parts of the 100m.

If you look back to when he ran 9.85 at Athens he was seizing up during the end of the 100m, which probably lowered his time by a great deal. During his run at the Diamond League finals he was more relaxed, and his stride stayed open.

Athens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTfBClsSXRE

Diamond League.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Nlqi7tMDI
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched both videos and he's definitely juicing again
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

on the juice

on the juice

Just means that PEDs have once again evolved beyond the current testing protocol. Nothing to see here.
    zerocool wrote: »
    Hes in the juice

So the ? evolved from being on the juice to being in the juice

4d.gif
  • zerocool
    Options
    sapo614 wrote: »

on the juice

on the juice

zerocool wrote: »
    Hes in the juice

So the ? evolved from being on the juice to being in the juice

4d.gif

? ....how you think he winning?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got the juice
    intro5_medium.gif
  • zerocool
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    I got the juice
    intro5_medium.gif

hqdefault.jpg
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Give it time, he'll get busted again. Fool is just trying to stack money before he is banned for life
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    I got the juice
    intro5_medium.gif

lol, because on our track team whenever someone broke a 100m record (mainly during the era of Asafa Powell) it was a running joke to say "He got the juice now."
  • BoldChild
    Options

Blake is exactly who i was talkin bout. I don't trust Nesta Carter either.

And I just got reminded of this ? right here. Walter Dix pretty much semi retired after this ? . Was probably thinking, "I ran a 19 ? .53 and I didn't win? Not even a photo finish? Fuuuck this ? ." "This ? just dropped a 19.26 out of nowhere, and I'm not submitting to the juice."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0RTlTmLSOQ
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh u yanks stay mad.

Y'all been cheating since 4 ? ever.

Ask usain how many times that ? be getting tested, meanwhile y'all cheat, get a slap on the wrist come back and cheat some more....then accuse other ? that get tested more n y'all specifically cause they're from a 3rd world country not expected to perform well.

Smmfh
    The whole worlds knows how usa does in athletics though.

Smh at first world countries actually running tests in Jamaica tryna find out if we got a "speed gene"

http://www.worldcrunch.com/mobile/#a:9302

Lol wtf?!
  • BoldChild
    Options
    I'm not talking about usain, I'm talking about Yohan. I personally think usain is legit., but yoga n running 19.2? Nah b. I'm not saying he on anything since he hasn't tested positive, but that ? is suspicious.

And some ? just happened in z nation that I want to talk about so ill stop here.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who gave me feelings?
  • O.G.
    Options
    Never said Bolt was ? . He is just a freak of nature. Gatlin, Tyson ? ,Blake & Carter are suspicious to me. So are the U.S. and Jamaican women sprinters. I also been noticing that the British & Chinese sprinters are getting faster too. It's a ? sport and has been since the Carl Lewis days. He was ? too. He is the reason the term "false positive" is in our vocabulary lol. The doctors are always a few steps ahead of the drug testers. Personally I don't care what they are on. I just want to see the USA back at the top of the podium. USA! USA! USA!
  • zerocool
    edited September 2014
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Who gave me feelings?

@BoldChild‌
    @gns‌