Justin Gatlin takes 1st in 100m, and 200m at Final Diamond League Race, runs fastest 100m of 2014.

Options
2»

Comments

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @zerocool‌
    thanks for telling me bro.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't really follow track and field guys, but do Walter Dix who ran at FSU and Tyson ? who ran at Arkansas still run competitively??? Also I remember a dude named Michael Ray Garvin that ran track and played cornerback for FSU that put up a 4.27 at the combine. He had stints with the Cardinals and Lions in the NFL but didn't last long I figured he'd try to get back into running.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Don't really follow track and field guys, but do Walter Dix who ran at FSU and Tyson ? who ran at Arkansas still run competitively??? Also I remember a dude named Michael Ray Garvin that ran track and played cornerback for FSU that put up a 4.27 at the combine. He had stints with the Cardinals and Lions in the NFL but didn't last long I figured he'd try to get back into running.

? has been suspended until june 2014 for doping
    walter still runs....hes been clean so far....

getting tired of all these doping allegations in track and field
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Looks like that ? is back

on the juice

Nah, that ? probably being triple tested.

The doctors n athletes always been a step ahead.They takin somethin now that will be in the news in 5 yrs

Nah, Gatlin's new times are largely because he was improved his running form during the latter parts of the 100m.

If you look back to when he ran 9.85 at Athens he was seizing up during the end of the 100m, which probably lowered his time by a great deal. During his run at the Diamond League finals he was more relaxed, and his stride stayed open.

Athens

Ngga...you do not get older and get faster. EVER. in life. In the history of life. It simply does not happen.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    . Talking bout they get their speed from eating yams. GTFOH

LOL
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's been tested throughly for this race. He's very clean by T&F standards. Anyways, you can improve your time at the age of 32. Being 32 doesnt mean that you become slower, like bold child said his technique had changed.

A runner's stride is so important, especially for sprinting.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

on the juice

The doctors n athletes always been a step ahead.They takin somethin now that will be in the news in 5 yrs

Nah, Gatlin's new times are largely because he was improved his running form during the latter parts of the 100m.

If you look back to when he ran 9.85 at Athens he was seizing up during the end of the 100m, which probably lowered his time by a great deal. During his run at the Diamond League finals he was more relaxed, and his stride stayed open.

Athens

Ngga...you do not get older and get faster. EVER. in life. In the history of life. It simply does not happen.

I didn't say he got "faster."

I said his times got better because he improved his running form.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

on the juice

Athens

He's an elite runner who's been in the top 1% of the game for 10-15 yrs. And you're telling me he 'changed his form' after all these years. So his old form wasnt working??...

Foh, sir.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

on the juice

Athens

He's an elite runner who's been in the top 1% of the game for 10-15 yrs. And you're telling me he 'changed his form' after all these years. So his old form wasnt working??...

Foh, sir.

Yes, his form and technique was never perfect to begin with. You're vastly underestimating how technical a sprint is at this level, your start, how long you decide to drive, how fast or slow you transition from your drive phase, whether you lean or not, etc. All of that can make the difference between being an Olympic level sprinter, or just being some "regular" cat running 10.0x.

It's something similar with Usain Bolt's situation, the first few years Bolt was a pro no one heard about him because he was getting blasted. A little bit of this was because of his age, but just a bit. When Bolt went pro he was running 20.? , and occasionally 19.9's and ? , the ? he was running at age 17.(actually slower)

Then he switched coaches, and suddenly he was blowing people out of the water.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

on the juice

Athens

Foh, sir.

Yes, his form and technique was never perfect to begin with. You're vastly underestimating how technical a sprint is at this level, your start, how long you decide to drive, how fast or slow you transition from your drive phase, whether you lean or not, etc. All of that can make the difference between being an Olympic level sprinter, or just being some "regular" cat running 10.0x.

It's something similar with Usain Bolt's situation, the first few years Bolt was a pro no one heard about him because he was getting blasted. A little bit of this was because of his age, but just a bit. When Bolt went pro he was running 20.? , and occasionally 19.9's and ? , the ? he was running at age 17.(actually slower)

Then he switched coaches, and suddenly he was blowing people out of the water.

@boldchild soooo much right!!!

A sprinter technique is so important.