Cyborg vs Ironman

BangEm_Bart
BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
Cyborg:

3525821-7712348763-cybor.jpg

Powers and Abilities

Cybernetics

Cyborg possesses cybernetic enhancements that provide superhuman strength, endurance and durability. Cyborg can also interface with computers. Built into his body-armor were an infrared eye, computer generator, sound amplifier, and special programming adapters that allowed him to interface with other body extensions.

Shape-Change: (formerly) He also has virtually unlimited shape-changing ability, and can mimic even air or space vehicles. He can reshape his entire body or parts of it and can form such complex shapes as a tank a bicycle or even a gun and simple forms as a cloud or a spring.

Body Resistance: The nature of Cyborg's body provides him with natural body armor offering resistance versus physical damage and energy attacks.

Superhuman Strength: At optimal capacity, Vic can lift/press in excess of four metric tons. If he pushes himself, he can even exceed five tons, but not without causing severe stress to his cybernetic components. Cyborg's upper strength limits have fluctuated with upgrades to his systems over time.

Superhuman Speed: He possessed a degree of superspeed and could leap great distances.

Superhuman Endurance

Superhuman Durability:
His bones are reinforced with molybdenum-steel.

Computer Interfacing - Cyborg has been shown to be able to interface with the Red Room's computer systems as well as hacking into a Mother Box and opening multiple Boom Tubes to Apokolips before closing them again. Also he brought up files such as divorce records on Spore's alter ego.

Teleportation - Cyborg is capable of using opening Boom Tubes to transport himself and the League to various locations. However, one out of every thousand 'Jumps' results in Cyborg transporting him and whoever is with him to Apokolips.

Integrated Weapons: His arsenal included a finger laser attachment, telescopic eyepiece, sonic disrupter, electric shockers, grappling hooks, and winches.

Ironman:
ipad_sketch_ironman_by_vofff-d4ihtcw.jpg

Powers and Abilities

Energy Emanation: The R.T. node not only provides repulsor energy to run devices such as the Iron Man Armor, its user can produce beams of energy at will, possibly weaker and less directed than the Uni-Beam.[86]

Electrical Fields Detection: As the R.T. node is connected to Tony, he can feel different electrical fields that the Reactor is picking up. This includes all kinds of invisible frequencies.[84]
Magnetic Force-Field: The R.T. node creates a force-field which can be modified at will by its user by increasing the power of the Reactor incrementally. It can be so powerful to destroy bullets or repel people. It can be so powerful to surpass an electromagnetic field generated by Electro.[84]
Levitation: The magnetic force-field generated by the Reactor can interfere the ones created by the planet and levitate. It's unknown if this interaction can be used to fly.[84]
Enhanced Senses: The reactor also increases the senses of its user, allowing Tony to "hear better" for example.[84]
Enhanced Strength: The R.T. node allows who possesses it to have a greater strength.[84]
Regenerative Durability: It has been shown that an user of an R.T. node not only recovers incredibly fast from different types of injuries[84] but also to resist more physical damage than an average human.
Psychic Shield: Due to S.H.I.E.L.D treatments, Stark's mind is shielded from even the strongest telepaths alive.

Comments

• BangEm_Bart
    I'm going with Cyborg.
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
  • BangEm_Bart
    This is a good matchup.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The man who is machine vs the man inside a machine.

Tony will always find a way to get the win. He'll call on all his suits to help if needed.

He could get hacked.

He could get boomtubed to some place that would instantly get him killed.

Victor will put a huge beat down on Tony. It won't be one-sided, though. Both would do major damage to one another. But in the end, i think Cy would edge out Tony. He ain't ? with Cyborgs arsenal of powers.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyborg would hack Tony's armor and make that ? put a repulsor ray in his own mouth
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »

He could get boomtubed to some place that would instantly get him killed.

...and there it is.

Cyborg with ease.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironman bruh he will find a way to win
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeding Edge Iron Man
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Cyborg.Tell Bob,Tyrese and T-Dogg I said sup
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HONESTLY.. IT MAY BE A TIE..
  • BangEm_Bart
    To be honest, Cyborg is up there with Ultron.
  • jaxn

since when? did he get an upgrade in nu52? Ultron is capable of taking on a team of Avengers that includes Thor and the Hulk and he'd be the favorite to win most, if not all, encounters
  • BangEm_Bart
    Solely based on the fact that DC characters are way more powerful than Marvel. Ultron does have the upperhand. I just think Cyborg would give him a fight.
  • Broddie
    jaxn wrote: »

since when? did he get an upgrade in nu52? Ultron is capable of taking on a team of Avengers that includes Thor and the Hulk and he'd be the favorite to win most, if not all, encounters

Yes. Where have you been these last 4 years?

Didn't you even see in the original post in this thread that he can now create boom tubes. ? BOOM TUBES BRUH!!!

• jaxn
    edited April 2015
    yeah i read
    Broddie wrote: »

Didn't you even see in the original post in this thread that he can now create boom tubes. ? BOOM TUBES BRUH!!!

What kind of an upgrade did he receive? I hope it's something other than a ? boom tube because that's not going to give him the majority of wins against Ironman. Being a comic head as you say, you should already know this. For the majority of Cyborg's history he has been considered a mid-tier character, a low end one at that. Not on the level of legit top tiers like Superman and Captain Marvel, but again, I assume you also knew this. But when you claim that Cyborg will beat Tony easily,(something that legit top tiers can do) I would think you're going to tell me something other than, "? , he can make a boom tube!!" Tony is on the high end of mid tier characters, borderline top tier. With superior fire power, strength and durability to Cyborg. If Cyborg's only chance, according to your "? boom tubes" logic, is battlefield removal, then he's not ready for Tony.
  • jaxn
    Solely based on the fact that DC characters are way more powerful than Marvel. Ultron does have the upperhand. I just think Cyborg would give him a fight.

Fact? Oh ok. Ultron would destroy Cyborg
  • Broddie
    edited April 2015
    yeah i read

What kind of an upgrade did he receive? I hope it's something other than a ? boom tube because that's not going to give him the majority of wins against Ironman. Being a comic head as you say, you should already know this. For the majority of Cyborg's history he has been considered a mid-tier character. Not on the level of legit top tiers like Superman and Captain Marvel, but again, I assume you also knew this. But when you claim that Cyborg will beat Tony easily, I would think you're going to tell me something other than, "? , he can make a boom tube!!"

Being a comic head as you say you should know that the only characters capable of creating boom tubes have always been gods. You should also know that making a boom tube is a big deal because it means he can teleport any adversary into any different plane of existence or dimension that he feels like. The one limitation is that every 1000th leap sends anybody that goes through the tube straight to Apokalips.

The technology that runs Cyborg's body now is Apokaliptan by nature. Meaning well beyond anything found on any Earth in terms of advancement. He can now sweet talk mother boxes to doing his bidding which is something that only the New Gods could previously do; but again I assume you also knew this.
  • jaxn
    edited April 2015
    yeah i read

What kind of an upgrade did he receive? I hope it's something other than a ? boom tube because that's not going to give him the majority of wins against Ironman. Being a comic head as you say, you should already know this. For the majority of Cyborg's history he has been considered a mid-tier character. Not on the level of legit top tiers like Superman and Captain Marvel, but again, I assume you also knew this. But when you claim that Cyborg will beat Tony easily, I would think you're going to tell me something other than, "? , he can make a boom tube!!"
    Being a comic head as you say you should know that the only characters capable of creating boom tubes have always been gods.
    Gods? Oh ok, you mean gods that are on the same level of Superman and the like? Gods that are even inferior to Superman? You mean those gods?
    You should also know that making a boom tube is a big deal because it means he can teleport any adversary into any different plane of existence or dimension that he feels like. The one limitation is that every 1000th leap sends anybody that goes through the tube straight to Apokalips.
    Yeah because teleportation is something completely new in comics. I mean damn, when Cloak, Blink, Majik etc were teleporting folks all over the place, I didn't know what was going on. Again, if his ONLY chance is battle field removal, then what chance does he really have?

The technology that runs Cyborg's body now is Apokaliptan by nature. Meaning well beyond anything found on any Earth in terms of advancement.
    and this means what exactly? Is Marvel Earth and DC Earth the same? Are their technologies the same? I'm sure they aren't so what point is being made here?
    He can now sweet talk mother boxes to doing his bidding which is something that only the New Gods could previously do; but again I assume you also knew this.
    Actually yes I did but again, how does this give him the majority on Ironman? Mother boxes can help, but they don't guarantee a victory. Besides, did the OP state that Cyborg would be using a motherbox?
  • Broddie
    edited April 2015
    Iron Man cannot hack Apokaliptan technology because it's unlike anything he's been familiar with. That right there alone gives Cyborg a tremendous advantage.

EDIT: You don't get it. Cyborg has built in Mother Box.

It's a part of his biology. For him using it is as natural and easy as it is for us to breathe. It's not a matter of whether the OP listed that he will use it or not it's simple logic that since it's a part of his physiology it will eventually come to use in any battling scenario.
  • jaxn
    edited April 2015
    Iron Man cannot hack Apokaliptan technology because it's unlike anything he's been familiar with. That right there alone gives Cyborg a tremendous advantage.

what? you know this......how, exactly? Was there a crossover issue featuring the two? And why would Tony need to hack his armor when he can just flat out blast him into oblivion? Ironman is more powerful than Cyborg by quite a margin, I don't even see how this is even debatable. We can agree to disagree on this one, but I do respect your passion for these characters. You would've been a fine poster on an older comic forum I was on.
  • Broddie
    LMFAO you know what I'm not even going to keep entertaining your biased ass opinion.

Clearly there is no objectivity when you say ? like "Tony will out blast him into oblivion" ha ha ha ha....

jesus