Does Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff Belong in the WWE Hall of Fame?

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited September 2014 in Off The Turn Buckle

Does Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff Belong in the WWE Hall of Fame? 18 votes

Yes
83%
Dupacinfamous114jonoRobCoLifeillestni99ainneVIBEDOPEdweebzTheEyeronic1Chi-Town BullylookdudeStoneColdMikeyTheRicanKingTheIraqgenocidecutterGorillaWitAttitude 15 votes
No
5%
Idiopathic Joker 1 vote
Undecided
11%
eternal soldierTonyDubbz 2 votes

Comments

• GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Yes
    He did help pull off the Monday Night War's and did use Japan's NJPW Vs UWFI idea to start the nWo. So, hell yeah he should be inducted.

P.S. Russo? Hell no, but Bischoff does.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Bischoff does. He was a great on air character on top of being a great executive.

Russo....whatever. He was just a writer, never did anything worth a damn on television.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bischoff was an entertaining heel imo

never heard of vince russo tbh
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    Yes
    Trashboat wrote: »

You a wrestling fan and never heard of Russo?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Yes
    never heard of Russo? i'm done.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Bischoff=Yes
    Russo-No
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Bischoff was the brains behind WCW kicking the ? out of the WWE to the point he almost had Vince out of business and was a great on camera heel so he should get in

Russo shouldn't. Russo gives himself too much credit for the attitude era and when he finally didn't have to answer to anyone in WCW he crashed and burned and the company was no more
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    agree w everyone here, not much left to be said..
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Neither it's the WWE, hof..not the wrestling hof.

Bischoff no and Russo was a product of great talent
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    IVE ALWAYS HATED ERIC FOR ALMOST KILLING WWF
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

You a wrestling fan and never heard of Russo?

Looking at all these posters saying no it seems I didn't miss much
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Undecided

The attitude Era. I'm sure you're familiar with that period in wrestling. He was head writer during that time.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Yes
    To be fair by 99, Vince McMahon himself couldn't save WCW, so why would people expect Russo too? The problems with WCW were much greater than just creative, and Russo was just a scapegoat for not being able to save them.

The New Blood angle initially was actually pretty damn good to go along with the New Blood Rising PPVs, and the Nitros that supplemented it (Thanks to Russo and Bischoff actually making an effort to incorporate each others ideas together).

The problem is just like today the negative IWC just wanted to focus on and over analyze any little non centerpiece that didn't seem right, such as Hogan vs Kidman, instead of just sitting back and just enjoying the ? that wasn't WWF. Sounds like a reoccurring problem today.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait why would Russo even get a mention about entering in the WWE HOF? What has he done??

Ban yourself t/s. You've insulted us all. Good day.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Russo gets a bad rep even though his storylines was flawed as ? ............... If Russo aint in the WWE Hall of Fame, we should just say ? everything between 1996 and 1998 in the federation..........................
  • TheIraq
    Options
    Yes
    Bet yall give Jim Cornette a pass when then ratings were slippin and fallin in the gutter............. IMO Russo was good for a few years, thought he was better than he was and failed............. LOL at the talent Russo had compared to what was there before him............ ? was on fail mode before gettin killed by WCW and before Russo really got a chance to carry the ? .............. Almost like saying Obama put the country in the tank even though all the failing ? happened before he got in office................ Russo lost cuz he started thinkin he had a greater or a bigger wrestling mind than Vince................ Right or wrong the ? still aint found his way out them Vince wrasslin bushin since he was fired........ WWE is still a float and its rare that Vince Russo is brought up, mentioned, or even known............. Cornette had talent when it was on him but the ? booked a ? Diesel vs Mabel match at Summerslam............ Russo was ready to book anybody against any goddamnbody at anytime..........

• TheIraq
    Options
    Yes
    I don't know the story on Bischoff like that but it seems he was just lucky ? wanted to get paid more and Ted Turner had and was ready to give them wrestler the little dough they wanted..... No knock on him though............
  • TheIraq
    Options
    Yes
    Right place, right time for both of them.......................................
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever is responsible for the wrestler Glacier and his $10,000 a night entrance should be banned from any and all Hall of Fames.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    mikelewis wrote: »
    Whoever is responsible for the wrestler Glacier and his $10,000 a night entrance should be banned from any and all Hall of Fames.

I swear I thought I Scorpion was gonna make an appearance during one of his matches. Like as soon as Glacier starts celebrating after winning his match, you hear "GET OVER HERE!!!" Lol.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sittin here tryna decide if its bad that i thought glacier and the cryonic kick was kinda cool when i was younger lol
  • nc81
    nc81 Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    Options
    Bischoff helped destroy wrestling not just Russo
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nc81 wrote: »
    Bischoff helped destroy wrestling not just Russo

How so?
  • nc81
    nc81 Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm saying that because he ? on Flair pretty much treated him like a ? , didn't want too push young talent, became obsessed with taking out the WWF instead of putting out the best product
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    Options

I swear I thought I Scorpion was gonna make an appearance during one of his matches. Like as soon as Glacier starts celebrating after winning his match, you hear "GET OVER HERE!!!" Lol.

That would have been more entertaining than a Glacier match, so more power to you man lol.