• BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eh, I still choose Batman over Thanos.

[img]http://www.troll.me/images/angry-samuel-l-jackson/da-? .jpg[/img]
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wtf kinda stupid ass comparison is this?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman's utility belt has everything he needs to take any multi-dimensional being.
  • nicky the don
    nicky the don Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell, if he killed Darkseid then I know he'll max out Thanos.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    I know. Thanos can't handle Bruce Wayne for ? .
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I know someone is lurking makinge a counter argument as to why bat man with prep beats IG thanos
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Thanos has an obsession with death – in more ways than one. Not only does he crave death itself, but he is also in love with the cosmic entity known as “Death” or “Lady Death” – Marvel’s all-powerful Grim Reaper, so to speak.

As a result, most of his plans revolve around death in one way or another and, while we can’t see the living embodiment of death appearing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and therefore no attempts to please her by Thanos will occur), what may happen is that Thanos realises he is unchallenged by the meagre might of the heroes present and, as such, might give up based on the fact that he knows he will prevail.

It sounds odd, but that’s just what Thanos is about. If he comes to the conclusion that to challenge Earth actually isn’t actually “to court death”, he might stop in his tracks and move on.

That what most people don't realize about Thanos is that, Thanos can beat Himself. Thanos weakness is that he secretly does not want to win. (EGO,PRIDE) Has a subconscious desire to lose. The man has an obsession with Death death. The Grim Reaper of the Marvel. and wishes to please her.

He basically arrange for himself to be defeated because deep down he knows he doesn't deserve to win. EGO. Wants one thing you can hurt a man's pride??. EGO.

Batman as always is smarter than people think.. Batman can beat him by simply talking slick to him. By stroking his EGO. Hurt his pride. The End.

Batman can say some ? to him like.... Your the most powerful Being in this Universe, But yet your methods of killing someone, is some what truly amateurish and pathetic. A human can do better than you...Batman laugh's at him during the whole ordeal. and Thanos will start second guessing himself. Questioning himself.

an Example of what I am talking about.. What Sentry said to him.

91352.jpg?v=1

91353_v1.jpg
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
  • veikuri
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »
    Thanos has an obsession with death – in more ways than one. Not only does he crave death itself, but he is also in love with the cosmic entity known as “Death” or “Lady Death” – Marvel’s all-powerful Grim Reaper, so to speak.

As a result, most of his plans revolve around death in one way or another and, while we can’t see the living embodiment of death appearing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and therefore no attempts to please her by Thanos will occur), what may happen is that Thanos realises he is unchallenged by the meagre might of the heroes present and, as such, might give up based on the fact that he knows he will prevail.

It sounds odd, but that’s just what Thanos is about. If he comes to the conclusion that to challenge Earth actually isn’t actually “to court death”, he might stop in his tracks and move on.

That what most people don't realize about Thanos is that, Thanos can beat Himself. Thanos weakness is that he secretly does not want to win. (EGO,PRIDE) Has a subconscious desire to lose. The man has an obsession with Death death. The Grim Reaper of the Marvel. and wishes to please her.

He basically arrange for himself to be defeated because deep down he knows he doesn't deserve to win. EGO. Wants one thing you can hurt a man's pride??. EGO.

Batman as always is smarter than people think.. Batman can beat him by simply talking slick to him. By stroking his EGO. Hurt his pride. The End.

Batman can say some ? to him like.... Your the most powerful Being in this Universe, But yet your methods of killing someone, is some what truly amateurish and pathetic. A human can do better than you...

an Example of what I am talking about.. What Sentry said to him.

91352.jpg?v=1

91353_v1.jpg

I knew a bat man fan was lurking.

And then what?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman with prep time will win tbh no troll
  • veikuri
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Explain what Batman will do against someone who will know every move will do and is nigh omnipotent compared to Batman?

I gotta hear this one
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim Starlin created Thanos and wrote or co wrote the Infinity Gauntlet stories.. He also is one of Batman well known writers of the late 80's and early 90's this question should be asked to him
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    veikuri wrote: »

Explain what Batman will do against someone who will know every move will do and is nigh omnipotent compared to Batman?

I gotta hear this one

Batman would know that and prep for it
  • veikuri
    Options
    veikuri wrote: »

I gotta hear this one

Batman would know that and prep for it

Then what?
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    knock him out with a bat boomerang
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Batman easy no comp here
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe this has to be said. Batman couldn't beat Thanos with IG. Batman could't beat Thanos with a glove with six rocks glued on it. I'm guessing most of the people in here are trolling or joking around, but I suspect a couple are actually serious. Thanos is superior to Batman in every way. The whole Batman is smart so he could do it with Prep Time is meaningless because Thanos is smarter and has accomplished way more with prep time than Batman ever could. Batman with a lifetime of prep time still hasn't managed to clean up one city. Thanos on whims has brought the universe to its knees (twice).
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    are people being serious in this thread? Folks really beleive Batman stands a chance against Thanos, let alone IG Thanos? maybe they should look at Doctopian's post.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Yea, y'all stupid, lol. Batman would get smacked to oblivion.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hell, if he killed Darkseid then I know he'll max out Thanos.

He didn't ? Darkseid.

He mortally wounded Darkseid's avatar in that story (Dan Turpin) with a ? killing bullet. Making it easier for the Flashes (Barry and Wally) to bring the Black Racer (New Gods version of Death) in Darkseid's direction to further weaken Darkseid. To the point that Wonder Woman could then exorcise Darkseid's essence from the avatar and then Superman could destroy Darkseid's essence by channeling a special frequency.

So the collective efforts of the Justice League and not just Batman killed Darkseid. Huge difference.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman w/ 3 year prep
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    With 10 years prep time batman would last few minutes.