Can we all agree that The flash is the lamest superhero ever

genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
I mean he runs fast thats it. Yawn.

Comments

• IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I mean there's alot he does with his speed. Problem seems to be that well, the writers wanted to make him rival Superman and the like in abilities and because of that he's becoming an overpowered jobber considering he technically can't lose with IMP/Speed steal but still manages to get beat by the Rogues
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquaman owns that title.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no to both Flash AND Aquaman. both heroes are boss as ?
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquaman is the ? , hating ass ? ...lol
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquaman is useless outside of the ocean lol.Who would be dumb enough to get in the water knowing his power? Aqualad>>>Aquaman.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kameron! wrote: »
    still manages to get beat by the Rogues

Because the Rogues have abilities and weapons that specifically target Flash's connection to the speed force. That's like calling Spider-Man a jobber because the Sinister Six puts in work against him.
  • Broddie
    edited September 2014
    1) Aquaman is just as powerful outside the ocean.

2) He could just give Namor a seizure and it's game over for Sue Richards' little shark ? .
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquaman would beat Namor, he is more powerful.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquaman has telepathy
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    lol ? Namor weakass

10-reasons-aquaman-is-not-as-useless-as-you-think-he-is-1.jpg

10-reasons-aquaman-is-not-as-useless-as-you-think-he-is-2.jpg

10-reasons-aquaman-is-not-as-useless-as-you-think-he-is-3-1.jpg

10-reasons-aquaman-is-not-as-useless-as-you-think-he-is-3.jpg

10-reasons-aquaman-is-not-as-useless-as-you-think-he-is-5.jpg
  • Broddie
    edited September 2014
    Eh_bruh! wrote: »
    Aquaman has telepathy

These ? don't read comics. So I guess it's hard for them to comprehend that Aquaman could just tap into the part of Namor's brain evolved from fish life and give him a bad case of vertigo.

According to them Atlanteans in Marvel and DC are built the same even though the comic books say otherwise (Ie: "Aquaman gets weaker outside the ocean" when that hasn't been true in years and is consistently more of a Namor thing).

By the amount of feelings they caught off some simple and proven facts in my last post in this thread that ? is evident and I don't even know why I bother with these types of convos on this site. The last thing I need is to debate DC Comics with people who don't even read DC Comics. I learned my lesson.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    question. was aqua man always that strong and did he always have that durability in his physiology that would allow him to withstand bullets? or is that a reboot thing? I remember in the old superfriends show he was swimming with one arm while holding up a 1 ton concrete block but 100 tons ? ! they basically made him the superman of the seas. at most I would say he should be able to lift 4 tons. he's overpowered. still awesome though.
  • Splackavelli
    another thing aqua man was pretty much a joke until Geoff johns or whoever started writing his books. as for flash. theres more to flash than just running fast its how he uses his abilities . you may as well say every speedster is lame. he's so fast he can vibrate his molecules at a high rate and phase through solid objects. he can create whirlwinds that leaves foes suspended in mid air. he can circle his hands that acts as propellers allowing flight or he can use this ability for a slow descent to the ground. he's not a power house but he can combine super speed with combat and also possibly throw punches at a rate of 1000 mph. he's fast enough to time travel also. flash works better with a group. he's a valued member of the justice league. I wouldn't say he's wack. like all superhero's he's flawed someway.
  • Broddie
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »
    question. was aqua man always that strong and did he always have that durability in his physiology that would allow him to withstand bullets?

Yes.

Aquaman was only ever a joke to people who didn't read his comic books. People who take ? like Superfriends as gospel when it features some of the most irrelevant versions of these characters because it's their only knowledge of them. There's a reason ? comic book fans who actually read the runs respected the character especially as presented in the bronze age and within the 20 years before the New 52 even started.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    troll thread....

the reason why writers go ? with flash's power set is because the limits of his powerset pretty goes with how far their far imagination can go...

the speed force pretty much gives them no ceiling.....it's actually fun and interesting to divulge into the different abilities that one can do with speed and still be considered a hero...
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, none of DC characters have truly tapped into the peak of their powers except maybe superman prime.

The reason why people are saying Namor is better than Aquaman is because he can fly. Aquamans telepathy makes him a force to be reckon with. In Marvel, he would be considered a top tier telepath up, even stronger than professor X. Flash can reach speeds where he simply can't be touched and everything he touches explodes.

All of the top level justice league characters are top tier (except batman). Yes, even cyborg who has at one point took out the whole justice league.
  • Broddie
    edited September 2014
    Well DC characters are just modern surrogates for greek gods [Superman (Zeus), Aquaman (Poseidon), Batman (Hades), Wonder Woman (Athena), Flash (Hermes), Green Lantern (Apollo)] and have always been written that way so naturally they'd be in a higher tier than your average Marvel in terms of powerset.

RE: Namor though.

Namor also has Hulk level strength in the ocean. He gets weaker outside of water but even then still stronger than most. So in terms of raw physical strength he is indeed superior to Aquaman. The problem with him is that he's also hot headed and arrogant while Aquaman is a more reserved tactician so he could easily capitalize on Namor's rage many times over with any of the other abilities he has that Namor lacks (Ie: his telepathy and hydrokinesis).
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Broddie wrote: »
    Kameron! wrote: »
    still manages to get beat by the Rogues

Because the Rogues have abilities and weapons that specifically target Flash's connection to the speed force. That's like calling Spider-Man a jobber because the Sinister Six puts in work against him.

Not really. There are members of the six who are on par or more powerful than Spidey
  • jaxn
    Aquaman would beat Namor, he is more powerful.

uh no. Namor is far more powerful than Aquaman
  • jaxn
    to the OP question, no Flash isn't
  • Splackavelli
    Broddie wrote: »
    Well DC characters are just modern surrogates for greek gods [Superman (Zeus), Aquaman (Poseidon), Batman (Hades), Wonder Woman (Athena), Flash (Hermes), Green Lantern (Apollo)] and have always been written that way so naturally they'd be in a higher tier than your average Marvel in terms of powerset.

RE: Namor though.

Namor also has Hulk level strength in the ocean. He gets weaker outside of water but even then still stronger than most. So in terms of raw physical strength he is indeed superior to Aquaman. The problem with him is that he's also hot headed and arrogant while Aquaman is a more reserved tactician so he could easily capitalize on Namor's rage many times over with any of the other abilities he has that Namor lacks (Ie: his telepathy and hydrokinesis).

namor other weakness is rubbing alcohol. anybody remember that 7 little supeheros episode of spiderman and his amazing friends when he dived into a pool of it thinking it was water? lol.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hold up aint namor part fish?

wouldn't that make him aquaman's ? ?