Comments

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why ? hatin on Aquaman?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I know is I would knock Aquaman the ? out if I was a villain.I'd laugh in his face if he showed up like he a "real" superhero lol,
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aquaman can't use telekinesis on Atlanteans and he isnt a ? hydrokinetic. You talking that ? like you the only ? reading. I have read every aquaman issue. Namor is way less powerful than aquaman. He isnt stronger either.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aquaman can't use telekinesis on Atlanteans and he isnt a ? hydrokinetic. You talking that ? like you the only ? reading. I have read every aquaman issue. Namor is way less powerful than aquaman. He isnt stronger either.

You have read every Aquaman issue yet conveniently forget the 4 years worth of comics where Aquaman had hydrokinesis thanks to his enchanted water hand. Ok bub. Aquaman has also had hydrokinesis in media adaptations like Batman The Brave & The Bold and it's respective comics line.

And yes Namor is physically stronger than Aquaman. Aquaman has more powers though.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He can flood every landmass and chill in the depths of the ocean if a ? got problem with it

Batman is the lamest. (Wouldn't have said this two years ago) ? batman and all his stans
  • Broddie
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Also Aquaman could telepathically disrupt any being with a basal ganglia which is something that Namor has. How can you have read "every aquaman issue" and not know that?

Even Peter David took this into account when he wrote his immensely stupid Aquaman Vs. Namor scenario back in the late 90's.
  • Broddie
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    Kameron! wrote: »
    still manages to get beat by the Rogues

Because the Rogues have abilities and weapons that specifically target Flash's connection to the speed force. That's like calling Spider-Man a jobber because the Sinister Six puts in work against him.

Not really. There are members of the six who are on par or more powerful than Spidey

Same principle applies with The Flash.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Because the Rogues have abilities and weapons that specifically target Flash's connection to the speed force. That's like calling Spider-Man a jobber because the Sinister Six puts in work against him.

Not really. There are members of the six who are on par or more powerful than Spidey

eh, i don't know about all that. Flash is top tier with a rogues gallery that consists of mostly below top tier characters. I don't think that's the same as the sinister six and spiderman
  • Broddie
    edited September 2014
    Options

eh, i don't know about all that. Flash is top tier with a rogues gallery that consists of mostly below top tier characters. I don't think that's the same as the sinister six and spiderman

Sometimes I think you're just contrarian for the sake of being contrarian either that or you really need to brush up on your DC reading. The exact same ? you said applies to Spider-Man. You act like Flash's rogues gallery is more imbalanced than Spidey's when the case is that for every Electro, Kraven or Sandman there is an Abra Kadabra, Mirror Master or Weather Wizard. Villains on the same level or above the heroes they face in terms of power and effectiveness. The same way there is a Captain Cold or Trickster for every Doc Ock or Mysterio or how for every Grodd or Reverse Flash there is a Rhino or Venom.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »

The current volume is really good. Although he lost a lot of abilities but also gained some new ones or had the familiar ones remixed compared to the pre-New 52 Aquaman comics.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flash and Aquaman would slap all of our ? right in front of us and there aint ? we can do about it. Respect the gods.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arthur is that dude. ? condemned his own brother to prison on land while he was on his knees begging and crying snot bubbles.
  • jaxn
    edited September 2014
    Options

Sometimes I think you're just contrarian for the sake of being contrarian either that or you really need to brush up on your DC reading. The exact same ? you said applies to Spider-Man. You act like Flash's rogues gallery is more imbalanced than Spidey's when the case is that for every Electro, Kraven or Sandman there is an Abra Kadabra, Mirror Master or Weather Wizard. Villains on the same level or above the heroes they face in terms of power and effectiveness. The same way there is a Captain Cold or Trickster for every Doc Ock or Mysterio or how for every Grodd or Reverse Flash there is a Rhino or Venom.

yeah ok. Is Flash top tier or not? Who in Flash's rogues gallery is top tier aside from Zoom and maybe one other person? You made the comparison to the Sinister Six, which isn't a good one..Spiderman isn't top tier and most of his rogues are either as powerful as him or more powerful (Green Goblin, Morlun, Doc Ock, Venom, Lizard, Carnage, Tombstone, Ezekial, Sandman, Hydroman, Tarantuala, Vermin, Electro). So your comparison doesn't apply.
  • Broddie
    Options

yeah ok. Is Flash top tier or not? Who in Flash's rogues gallery is top tier aside from Zoom and maybe one other person?

Grodd, Abra Kadabra, Weather Wizard, Mirror Master, Cobalt Blue.

Also the same Spider-Man who could lift 10 tons without issue, has superhuman speed & reflexes and a 6th sense plus a genius level intellect is not a top tier character?

What would you classify as top-tier then?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://whatculture.com/comics/11-heroic-comic-book-characters-powerful-superman.php/8

Wally West beats Superman on speed alone. Fact. But the fact that he also has a whole host of other powers to boot ensures his victory over the man of steel.
    To put Wally West’s speed in to perspective, know this; When West learned that a large bomb was about to detonate in a city centre, at the moment of explosion, he evacuated half a million people to a safe point outside the bomb’s range, one person at a time, in ten picoseconds. That is insanely fast – far faster than Superman could ever even think of thinking, let alone moving.
    So, if the two were to ever have an all-out brawl, Wally could do whatever he needed to do before Superman ever realised that he was in a fight – and given the other things that Wally can do, that means the fight would be over before it even began.
    Wally West can steal the speed of other people, so he could turn Superman in to a stationary statue in an instant. There’s one thing he could do.
    Wally West can time travel, so he could dump Superman one hundred years in the past in an instant and then return to the present, having left the man of steel there. There’s another thing he could do.
    But in terms of actually fighting to defeat Superman, Wally West possesses a punch known as the IMP (the infinite mass punch) – an attack which hits with the power of a dwarf star. That would knock Superman clean out. He can also vibrate through objects and vibrate their molecules, causing them to explode. If he did that to Superman, the Kryptonian would blow in to a million pieces before he could react.
    There are actually other powers that the Speed Force grants, but I shouldn’t really need to mention any more to prove this point…
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Namor is lifting 100 tons outside of water
  • jaxn
    Options

yeah ok. Is Flash top tier or not? Who in Flash's rogues gallery is top tier aside from Zoom and maybe one other person?

Grodd, Abra Kadabra, Weather Wizard, Mirror Master, Cobalt Blue.

Also the same Spider-Man who could lift 10 tons without issue, has superhuman speed & reflexes and a 6th sense plus a genius level intellect is not a top tier character?

What would you classify as top-tier then?

So you consider Grodd, WW and MM as top tier? You also consider Spiderman to be top tier? Ok now this makes sense as to why you would make that comparison. Top Tier characters are the likes of Superman, Thor, Martian Manhunter, Namor, Hulk, Black Adam, Flash etc. Mid tier guys are like Ironman, Aquaman, Spiderman. Then you have Street level guys like Batman, Daredevil, etc.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aquaman is on par with superman outside of water...he was fighting the whole league hand to hand...he was strong enough to lean manhunter.

Aquaman hasn't had the water hand in New 52 at all so?

I told y'all ? @broddie is angry man from Martin, bruh. He just wants to scrap.
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the reason people think Flash and Aquaman are the lamest is because they're tied with Batman and Superman. If they were taken off the Justice League then I'm pretty sure we would get a better quality from them. They are often limited, so they don't show-up Bats/Supes.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, superman or batman alone have shown incredible feats against jl alone but flash has never gone rogue.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , i don't think JL would be here if that ever happened and they capitalized on all of flash powers.