In poll after poll, why are so many Americans so dissatisfied with America today?

1234568»

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Lol I know, but Obama lied when he said he would let states make up their own mind when it comes to medical marijuana, he did the opposite for a long time and most of us actually believed him.
    but but but Eric Holder was a paragon of civil rights

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    janklow wrote: »
    Lol I know, but Obama lied when he said he would let states make up their own mind when it comes to medical marijuana, he did the opposite for a long time and most of us actually believed him.
    but but but Eric Holder was a paragon of civil rights

Damn, good point but I give him credit for fighting for civil rights time to time, he did good getting billions of dollars for Native American farmers
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Damn, good point but I give him credit for fighting for civil rights time to time, he did good getting billions of dollars for Native American farmers
    i won't say the guy was NEVER accidentally on the right side of the issue, but ? singing his praises without criticism

• kingblaze84
    Americans are having less children, getting married less, and divorces are up since the Great Recession. According to statistics and polls, Americans are wary of children and marriage because of the lack of partners with good jobs, high cost of living, and uncertainty of what the future holds in a nation where wages are stagnant for many, if not most

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-the-bad-economy-breaks-up-families-154731664.html

In all, a majority of American adults are now single, government data show, including the mothers of two out of every five newborns.

These trends are often blamed on feminists or ? rights activists or hippies, who’ve somehow found a way to make Americans reject tradition.

But the last several years showed a different powerful force changing families: the economy.

The effects of the Great Recession on families are hard to ignore. Births and marriages have plunged, as millions of millennials skip or delay starting traditional families. The economic uncertainty of the downturn dismantled job security which, in turned, ripped up many wedding plans.

When most Americans talk about their jobs and families, they sound stressed and frantic, Pugh’s research finds. While single women find it harder to find men they want to marry, existing families feel the strain of what University of Virginia sociologist Allison Pugh calls “the age of insecurity.” Job insecurity causes anxiety and depression and, a 2012 study shows, makes fathers less supportive of their kids. Women in areas hardest hit by the recession report more “controlling behavior” by boyfriends and husbands, University of California, Berkeley sociologist Daniel Schneider says.

--Amazing
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kingblaze84
    Child homelessness is at an ALL TIME HIGH in America and at levels not seen since the Great Depression

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/11/17/new-report-child-homelessness-on-the-rise-in-u-s/

SAN FRANCISCO — The number of homeless children in the U.S. has surged in recent years to an all-time high, amounting to one child in every 30, according to a comprehensive state-by-state report that blames the nation’s high poverty rate, the lack of affordable housing and the impacts of pervasive domestic violence.

Titled “America’s Youngest Outcasts,” the report being issued Monday by the National Center on Family Homelessness calculates that nearly 2.5 million American children were homeless at some point in 2013. The number is based on the Department of Education’s latest count of 1.3 million homeless children in public schools, supplemented by estimates of homeless pre-school children not counted by the DOE.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2014
    On some real ? , I think there's gona be some kind of riots in NYC tonight....I hope they shut the Christmas Tree party down tonight here. Can ya'll believe Eric Gardner's strangler got NO CHARGES????? Yo the criminal justice system in America is starting to resemble any random crooked, tinpot justice system around the world. I am definitely losing trust in the justice system in America, chokeholds in NYC are illegal!!! The ? coroner said the rule of death was a homicide!! And I bet the jury was mostly White, White people have been acting pretty disgusting the last few weeks

Is there even a real justice system in America anymore?

Civil rights leader Al Sharpton told The New York Times Wednesday that he had spoken with the Garner family and they were not surprised by the announcement. He also said that before the grand jury had reached its decision, he had met with federal prosecutors to ask them to take over the case.

People thought we were being extreme,’” Sharpton said. “But now, I think you can see, we have no confidence in the state grand juries, whether in Ferguson or in New York, because there is an intrinsic relationship between state prosecutors and the police; they depend on the police for their evidence, they run for office and depend on the unions for endorsements.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/03/eric-garner_n_6263656.html

Welcome to the new America, police state to the extreme. Can we imagine how American troops treat people around the world.....?
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img]https://scontent-a-atl.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10846513_1566603036889246_6156645557679377763_n.jpg?oh=ca1d9598eead166e095ca90f7d56a27c&oe=55079048[/img]
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2014
    Having kids in America these days is ? ridiculous!! Even with health insurance, a baby now can cost you $4K AFTER health insurance. This is one reason why so many people I know don't want kids, like everything else isn't expensive already

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/how-much-your-pregnancy-will-really-cost-you-103653975271.html

Whether you have insurance or not, you can get hit with a sky-high hospital bill after delivering your baby. We’ve got the scoop on what your prenatal health care costs will be and how to keep them down.

We wish we could give you a firm number, but prenatal health care and delivery costs vary radically. How much you’ll pay will depend on factors like where you live, whether you have any complications and whether you have a vaginal birth or a c-section. But here are some ballpark figures: Prenatal care and delivery costs can range from about $9,000 to over $250,000 (quite a range, huh?). But before you freak out, know that we’re talking without insurance. With health insurance, the bulk of these expenses could be covered — but that’s not always true.

If you have an individual insurance policy, which isn’t provided through your employer, odds are it won’t cover maternity costs. Several states mandate that plans cover prenatal and delivery costs, but most states don’t require that they do. In 2010, just 12 percent of individual policies offered maternity coverage. Often, it’s possible to buy a rider to cover maternity expenses, but the cost for that can be high (up to $1,100 a month), and sometimes there’s a waiting period of one or two years before the benefit can be used.

--The article notes that if you have a family health insurance plan under Obamacare, it may cover pregnancies and deliveries but family insurance plans are very expensive, smfh
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    America is what you make of it. If you got no drive or ambition then it's the worst place for a person