Microsoft buys Minecraft for $2.5 billion

2»

Comments

• TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want some match making ? on console too even though I've been playing more on PC lately, I got some dope ? that i've built on my console and I wanna be able to share it with the world
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    meh ........ see me in Clash of Clans

had this downloaded over year ..... gonna try it out now
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    What is it even about? I heard people talking about it a while back, and looked it up on Youtube. I watched a couple videos and still don't understand what the big deal is.

there's two game modes; survival and creative..

survival = surviving the minecraft world.. no world is the exact same, they all generate different landscapes, caves, mineshafts, dungeons etc..

but the overall idea is the same; mine and craft.. there's 4 biomes: jungle, desert, plains and snow..

there's monsters but they're called mobs: skeletons, which shoot u w bows, zombies, spiders, Enderman, zombie pigmen, ghasts, blazes, silverfish, creepers... there's more but that's most of them

the goal, is to survive.. u start out w nothing and work ur way to getting building materials; dirt, wood, stone, iron, gold, diamond, coal etc.. u have to start out small, wood tools only, then u can get stone, make stone tools to get iron, make iron tools to get old diamond...

there's also animals; pigs, chicken, cow, sheep.. each cab provide food, feathers, leather or wool.. which u can craft into armor, carpet, bows, or cook food to survive etc

wood and coal are the only items u can get w your bare hands..

ur limit is ur imagination.. there's no limit to what you can build.. ppl have build whole worlds, working computers, working games such as flappy bird, centipede, Tetris etc..

Creative mode is for those who are going to create actual adventure maps for others to play on. Every craftable item, including spawning animals, mobs, village ppl etc are at ur disposal.. u create any thing u want, put it into game/map form for others to play ur adventure... u can make a game within the game.. And w all these crazy mods, it makes creative a lot more crazy.

it's a simple as ? but dope game

I play on a hacked server and they be having like 1000 on at one time in the same game, you gotta travel 500 blocks before u can even start building and even then its hard because people have claimed up all the land.

They have a game on it called skyBlock that ? is fun as ? . Basically you start off on a small block in the sky with nothing but a ice cube, a tree in the middle of your land and u gotta expand the land in the sky. By completing challenges u get more building materials and it gets harder the more u complete ? is challenging but fun as hell once u finally start making progress. A lot of people eventually build ladders down to the ground or try to invade other peoples blocks once they expand far enough to see em

I know what Sky Block is, I've never done it but I've wanted to.

You ? up once early on and you're done.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Man, if you don't "get" Minecraft by now IDK what hole you been living in.........its a endless Open World where you can build the world brick by brick.........do the math bruh.

Good for Notch tho. Let other ? program that ? . "Get in, Get out, that's a OG classic"

I got endless respect for dudes like Notch that program vast projects for fun, with no real expectation for striking it rich. He was just the luckiest one ever and he knows it. Back in the day I would play this game called "Noctis" where the program was BARELY 1 megabyte in size but it had a literal galaxy with billions and billions of stars and planets you could fully explore.......dude been working on the sequel for 13 years........created his own programming language to make the game with......phew, ? bless.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought this ? for my nexus 7 yesterday gonna try it.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    What is it even about? I heard people talking about it a while back, and looked it up on Youtube. I watched a couple videos and still don't understand what the big deal is.

there's two game modes; survival and creative..

survival = surviving the minecraft world.. no world is the exact same, they all generate different landscapes, caves, mineshafts, dungeons etc..

but the overall idea is the same; mine and craft.. there's 4 biomes: jungle, desert, plains and snow..

there's monsters but they're called mobs: skeletons, which shoot u w bows, zombies, spiders, Enderman, zombie pigmen, ghasts, blazes, silverfish, creepers... there's more but that's most of them

the goal, is to survive.. u start out w nothing and work ur way to getting building materials; dirt, wood, stone, iron, gold, diamond, coal etc.. u have to start out small, wood tools only, then u can get stone, make stone tools to get iron, make iron tools to get old diamond...

there's also animals; pigs, chicken, cow, sheep.. each cab provide food, feathers, leather or wool.. which u can craft into armor, carpet, bows, or cook food to survive etc

wood and coal are the only items u can get w your bare hands..

ur limit is ur imagination.. there's no limit to what you can build.. ppl have build whole worlds, working computers, working games such as flappy bird, centipede, Tetris etc..

Creative mode is for those who are going to create actual adventure maps for others to play on. Every craftable item, including spawning animals, mobs, village ppl etc are at ur disposal.. u create any thing u want, put it into game/map form for others to play ur adventure... u can make a game within the game.. And w all these crazy mods, it makes creative a lot more crazy.

it's a simple as ? but dope game

I play on a hacked server and they be having like 1000 on at one time in the same game, you gotta travel 500 blocks before u can even start building and even then its hard because people have claimed up all the land.

They have a game on it called skyBlock that ? is fun as ? . Basically you start off on a small block in the sky with nothing but a ice cube, a tree in the middle of your land and u gotta expand the land in the sky. By completing challenges u get more building materials and it gets harder the more u complete ? is challenging but fun as hell once u finally start making progress. A lot of people eventually build ladders down to the ground or try to invade other peoples blocks once they expand far enough to see em

I know what Sky Block is, I've never done it but I've wanted to.

You ? up once early on and you're done.

Lmao yea you right but on this server they got a shop that u teleport to where u go buy ? so I been cheating like a ? when i mess up but I aiint one of those people who dont try. If I accidentally turn my lava to obsidian while farming cobblestone I go buy some more lava but I wont go shoppin unless its a emergency. Besides im only doin it because I literally couldnt find any unclaimed land on the ground.

Everytime I tried to dig that ? would be like "So and so claimed this land u cannot build here" so yea ima just live in the sky and build a ladder to the ground some day
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just read Sony warns of unexpected $2.15 Billion Loss and seeing MS just spent that like it was nothing is crazy
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems boring.

I need that action with great graphics or bomb story.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never played the game before. I watched some videos of it and it looked boring. Is it better than sim city?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Seems boring.

I need that action with great graphics or bomb story.
    The demo was boring.Don't get the hype.There are tons of other craft games that are superior.That money could have went to developing new franchises.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to sell X-Boxes like hot cakes now. You know damn well future Minecraft releases will be exclusive.

It didn't sell 360s so no.Any future releases will not be as popular.PC made it a success to begin with because of mods.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to sell X-Boxes like hot cakes now. You know damn well future Minecraft releases will be exclusive.

It didn't sell 360s so no.Any future releases will not be as popular.PC made it a success to begin with because of mods.

now those mods will be on the xbone tho.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never played the game before. I watched some videos of it and it looked boring. Is it better than sim city?

Completely different kind of game. There's a ton of different ways to play it.

Best way to describe it is prolly "Open World gaming taken to its logical extreme". Minecraft maps can span entire ? multiple continents, its nuts.

My favorite is still Survival mode........building your own fortress so you can survive the monsters that come out at night is dope. It has a real "I Am Legend" feel to it when you realize the sun is going down and you better get your ass back inside lol.

If M$ handles this right, the sky is the limit.