video: Baltimore Police Officer Falsifies Report To Justify Attack On Citizen ......

zerocool
zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in The Social Lounge
http://youtu.be/SX6vRhVYkhQ
Inb4 smash on the reporter

A south Baltimore man Monday filed charges against a Baltimore police officer for what attorneys are calling a clear case of police brutality, captured on a police surveillance camera.

Kollin Truss, the defendant, was arrested on June 15 after an altercation with a city police officer. Truss, 32, was charged with assaulting Officer Vincent Cosom and Stephanie Coleman, identified in court records as Truss’ then-girlfriend.

Cosom noted in his police report that Truss was loitering outside of a liquor store in the 500 block of E. North Ave. at about 1:40 a.m. Cosom wrote that he asked Truss to leave. Truss then walked into the store and shouted an obscenity and a threat at the police officer, according to Cosom’s account of the incident.

Truss and Coleman left the liquor store and started walking across the street to a bus stop. Cosom said he observed Truss push her three times, according to the report.

“When they got to the corner of Greenmount and North Ave they began to argue again drawing a large crowd around them,” Cosom wrote. “While I was crossing the street at 500 E North Ave. to stop [the] argument I observed the unknown black male pushed [sic] the female with open hands three times.

“At this time I went to place the male under arrest he got into a fighting stance and clenched his first. Me and the male got into a physical altercation due to me [sic] in fear for my safety and I received a punch to the body,” Cosom continued in the report, transcribed verbatim.

Truss was arrested, although his assault and resisting arrest charges were later dropped.

Comments