Who's getting Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii?

Options
Gnawledgeable
Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in IllGaming
I'm suprised that they have a commercial for this game (I don't recall seeing none for Street Fighter 4 though it might be one). I'll be getting this next tuesday/wednesday so who else is? People saying it's better than Marvel vs Capcom 2 (which I highly doubt though I never played TvC), I can hopefully get used to mapping out the buttons and graphics looks nice. If you pre-order at Gamestop, you get some trading cards. I want to play with Soki (from Onimusha Dawn of Dreams) more than anyone, probably because of the Oni transformation.

Comments

• blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I've had this on pre-order for awhile now. Can't wait.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't see this game selling much on the wii since the majority of fighting games fan are on the PS3 and 360 so i'm calling a flop
  • blackkevblazini
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't see this game selling much on the wii since the majority of fighting games fan are on the PS3 and 360 so i'm calling a flop
    I don't think the fact that it's only on Wii is going to hurt the sales so much as most outside of japan aren't probably aware of what Tatsunoko is, that's going to hurt it more because the game sold great in Japan. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be seeing any parts of TvC if it had bricked in Japan.

Personally I hope it does great because Capcom has said depending on how good TvC does here a new VS. game is on it's way. Capcom has the Marvel license back so Marvel VS Capcom 3 is pretty much a near given at this point if they follow through with that.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't think the fact that it's only on Wii is going to hurt the sales so much as most outside of japan aren't probably aware of what Tatsunoko is, that's going to hurt it more because the game sold great in Japan. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be seeing any parts of TvC if it had bricked in Japan.

Personally I hope it does great because Capcom has said depending on how good TvC does here a new VS. game is on it's way. Capcom has the Marvel license back so Marvel VS Capcom 3 is pretty much a near given at this point if they follow through with that.

haven't heard anything about capcom having marvel license back, you got a source?
  • blackkevblazini
    edited January 2010
    Options
    haven't heard anything about capcom having marvel license back, you got a source?

Looking more into it, apparently it only applies to the downloadable MVC2.
    ? , but if TvC sells not making MvC3 would just be seriously defying logic.
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    To me it's good to play as and learn new characters. Why people want to play as the same ol' fighters in every game is beyond me. That's why I'm not hyped for Super Street Fighter 4 but I know I'll still get it.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm coppin first day.