Bible prophecy

beenwize
beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
Reading through the BIble one will see that most of the prophecy is supposed to be fulfilled by man.. From wars, to slavery, to mockers etc etc. Most of the prophecy in the Bible has to be fulfilled by man except for the prophecy about the 2nd coming. How can a skeptical person like myself trust a prophecy of a future war between two nations when it could possibly be a script or blueprint that they are following?

Some say there is a prophecy that Russia will invade America, but the same people that sold us the Bible in America have been in procession of the book for thousands of years so wouldn't they know everything that you know about the book? I mean are they pretending to be stupid and waiting for Russia to fulfill prophecy? And if they really believed this was a prophecy why aren't they taking any action to prevent that prophecy? Nuking Russia today would refute Bible prophecy. You see? Man is in control of whether or not most Bible prophecy will be fulfilled.

The usual Christian response is that ? has put it in man's heart to accomplish his will. That would refute free will and mean that we are nothing, but pawns in ? 's game.

Comments

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Though I'm not really into the whole prophesy thing, I believe the issue isn't so much that ? "tells" men the plan for how things will end. It's more like...men are going bring about an end unaware of the big picture. The "war" is not going to be perceived as a holy war by those partaking in it. If the Russians are coming, they are not looking at the Bible going..."It is ? 's Will that we take America because the Book of Revelation says so". They would be coming with their own ideologies they want to enforce. If anything, they would want the ? that some Americans swear by to fall so if they are victorious, they can say that ? has failed them.

...and just something extra, Judas was carrying out ? 's Will, but he was not really aware of what he was getting himself into until the deed was done. He tried to take it back but it was too late.
  • beenwize
    edited September 2014
    Anybody with a functioning brain willing to contest this?
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bible prophecy is ? . America nor any country of the new world is mentioned in the bible. There is many bible prophecy passages that never came true. For example there is a passage that said the people of Egypt will speak the dead language of Canaan in the end of days.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bible prophecies are happening right before our eyes and many simply cannot see it
  • beenwize
    zombie wrote: »
    bible prophecies are happening right before our eyes and many simply cannot see it

I have an example if a prophecy so lets start there or you list a prophecy and we can examine it closer.
  • beenwize
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    Bible prophecy is ? . America nor any country of the new world is mentioned in the bible. There is many bible prophecy passages that never came true. For example there is a passage that said the people of Egypt will speak the dead language of Canaan in the end of days.

Lol at the dead language of Canaan, but ofcourse Bible believers will give you a different interpretation of the prophecy and say it meant some other country.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been thought about this. The whole thing could be a script, being followed by choice or by circumstance. To the higher ups, it's simply a playbook for staging world events. Do you really think these people don't read the bible to understand that the end times are coming? Understanding bible prophecy is a lot more than watching the news and seeing some ? up ? happen in another country. The bible is about us, and only us... that's why it's called "holy". What may be a literal meaning to some, may be a green light for some world catastrophe for others, and a personal spiritual significance for a lot more. The last place to find ? is the news.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a couple failed bible prophecies:
    Ezekiel 30:10-11 “This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will put an end to the hordes of Egypt by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. He and his army – the most ruthless of nations – will be brought in to destroy the land. They will draw their swords against Egypt and fill the land with the slain.
    Ezekiel predicts that Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon will conquer Egypt utterly destroying it, slaying and scattering its people. In 568 BCE Nebuchadnezzar tried to conquer Egypt and Egypt survived with no apparent damage. Aahmes ruled for another generation over a prosperous Egypt and lived to see Nebuchadnezzar die. The Egyptians were not scattered or dispersed.

Matthew 16:28 “I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” 23:36 “I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.” 24:34 “I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.”

Jesus states in Matthew that all the signs marking the end of the world would be fulfilled before his generation ended, before the people that were standing infront of him “taste death.” Those people have been dead for over 2000 years and the world did not come to an end, neither have all those signs been fulfilled.

In Isaiah 7:1-7 ? tells the king of Judah that he shall not be harmed by his enemies.
    And it came to pass in the days of Ahaz the son of Jotham, the son of Uzziah, king of Judah, that Rezin the king of Syria, and Pekah the son of Remaliah, king of Israel, went up toward Jerusalem to war against it, but could not prevail against it. And it was told the house of David, saying, Syria is confederate with Ephraim. And his heart was moved, and the heart of his people, as the trees of the wood are moved with the wind. Then said the LORD unto Isaiah, Go forth now to meet Ahaz, thou, and Shearjashub thy son, at the end of the conduit of the upper pool in the highway of the fuller's field; And say unto him, Take heed, and be quiet; fear not, neither be fainthearted for the two tails of these smoking firebrands, for the fierce anger of Rezin with Syria, and of the son of Remaliah. Because Syria, Ephraim, and the son of Remaliah, have taken evil counsel against thee, saying, Let us go up against Judah, and vex it, and let us make a breach therein for us, and set a king in the midst of it, even the son of Tabeal: Thus saith the Lord ? , It shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass.

Yet it did come to pass. His enemies did harm him. as 2 Chronicles 28:1-8 tells us.

Wherefore the LORD his ? delivered him into the hand of the king of Syria; and they smote him, and carried away a great multitude of them captives, and brought them to Damascus. And he was also delivered into the hand of the king of Israel, who smote him with a great slaughter. For Pekah the son of Remaliah slew in Judah an hundred and twenty thousand in one day, which were all valiant men; because they had forsaken the LORD ? of their fathers.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    My all time favorite Bible prophesy.....

Jesus in Revelations: I shall come quickly

2,000 plus years later.........Jesus either lied, an author lied, or Jesus is the laziest ? that's ever walked the Earth. Either way, this passage proves there is no damn such thing as a Bible prophecy.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

Matthew 24:14
    "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

The Christian gospel has been spread all over the world, and the end still hasn't come yet. It's been a good 500 years since Christians rampaged around the world and spread the gospel. How come the end of the world hasn't occurred yet?
  • zombie

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

The Christian gospel has been spread all over the world, and the end still hasn't come yet. It's been a good 500 years since Christians rampaged around the world and spread the gospel. How come the end of the world hasn't occurred yet?

that's only one of the things that has to happen, there are a series of events that have to happen. certain conditions have to be met.
  • beenwize

that's only one of the things that has to happen, there are a series of events that have to happen. certain conditions have to be met.

I like how you ducked my post. Why don't you list a prophecy so we can examine it?
  • zombie
    beenwize wrote: »

I like how you ducked my post. Why don't you list a prophecy so we can examine it?

with all due respect I consider you to be insane. your belief in texts like the gospel of the holy 12 and others like it convinced me of that.

also I have not ducked your question but I am out of town on business and only ave online access through my phone.
  • beenwize

with all due respect I consider you to be insane. your belief in texts like the gospel of the holy 12 and others like it convinced me of that.

also I have not ducked your question but I am out of town on business and only ave online access through my phone.

Instead of posting any prophecy you criticize a a belief. In fact I don't believe anything I just know that the gospel of the Holy Twelve contains more truth than the gosepels found in the kjv. Now when are you going to post your prophecy for a closer examination?
  • zombie

Instead of posting any prophecy you criticize a a belief. In fact I don't believe anything I just know that the gospel of the Holy Twelve contains more truth than the gosepels found in the kjv. Now when are you going to post your prophecy for a closer examination?

we are talking about religion belief is central to any discussion. and if someone else wants to hear the prophecy I will post it when I get a chance.

but I really don't want any correspondence with you. I really think something is mentally wrong with you.
  • zombie
    @beenwize the things you have said in other religious threads indicates that you don't know what the ? you believe. you are all over the place in your thoughts. also your obsession with the kjv is ridiculous. you are also unable to stay on point in a debate
  • beenwize
    @beenwize the things you have said in other religious threads indicates that you don't know what the ? you believe. you are all over the place in your thoughts. also your obsession with the kjv is ridiculous. you are also unable to stay on point in a debate

Are you still ducking and running? Just what I thought a lost Christian refusing to have his belief contested. Lol you are a joke.
  • zombie

Are you still ducking and running? Just what I thought a lost Christian refusing to have his belief contested. Lol you are a joke.

yeah whatever I have never backed down from any questions anyone at this forum.

and I already told you I will post it when I am capable to do so. but I will not be taliking to you about it. I will do so for the benefit of others with a more stable mind. who can if they wish give me some semblance of a coherent and intelligent debate
  • beenwize

and I already told you I will post it when I am capable to do so. but I will not be taliking to you about it. I will do so for the benefit of others with a more stable mind. who can if they wish give me some semblance of a coherent and intelligent debate

You are a coward who worships a false white Jesus. Go ahead and post your bible prophecy. Why is it taking you so long to do that?
  • beenwize

?

Essene
    Written by The Editors of Encyclopædia Britannica
    Essene,  member of a religious sect or brotherhood that flourished in Palestine from about the 2nd century bc to the end of the 1st century ad. The New Testament does not mention them and accounts given by Josephus, Philo of Alexandria, and Pliny the Elder sometimes differ in significant details, perhaps indicating a diversity that existed among the Essenes themselves.

The Essenes clustered in monastic communities that, generally at least, excluded women. Property was held in common and all details of daily life were regulated by officials. The Essenes were never numerous; Pliny fixed their number at some 4,000 in his day.

Like the Pharisees, the Essenes meticulously observed the Law of Moses, the sabbath, and ritual purity. They also professed belief in immortality and divine punishment for sin. But, unlike the Pharisees, the Essenes denied the resurrection of the body and refused to immerse themselves in public life. With few exceptions, they shunned Temple worship and were content to live ascetic lives of manual labour in seclusion. The sabbath was reserved for day-long prayer and meditation on the Torah (first five books of the Bible). Oaths were frowned upon, but once taken they could not be rescinded.

After a year’s probation, proselytes received their Essenian emblems but could not participate in common meals for two more years. Those who qualified for membership were called upon to swear piety to ? , justice toward men, hatred of falsehood, love of truth, and faithful observance of all other tenets of the Essene sect. Thereafter new converts were allowed to take their noon and evening meals in silence with the others.

Following the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls (late 1940s and 1950s) in the vicinity of Khirbat Qumrān, most scholars have agreed that the Qumrān community was Essenian.

• zombie

You are a coward who worships a false white Jesus. Go ahead and post your bible prophecy. Why is it taking you so long to do that?

learn to read you ? ? I said I am on a ? phone out of town. you have to wait
  • beenwize

coward ass.
  • zombie

?

Essene
    Written by The Editors of Encyclopædia Britannica
    Essene,  member of a religious sect or brotherhood that flourished in Palestine from about the 2nd century bc to the end of the 1st century ad. The New Testament does not mention them and accounts given by Josephus, Philo of Alexandria, and Pliny the Elder sometimes differ in significant details, perhaps indicating a diversity that existed among the Essenes themselves.

The Essenes clustered in monastic communities that, generally at least, excluded women. Property was held in common and all details of daily life were regulated by officials. The Essenes were never numerous; Pliny fixed their number at some 4,000 in his day.

Like the Pharisees, the Essenes meticulously observed the Law of Moses, the sabbath, and ritual purity. They also professed belief in immortality and divine punishment for sin. But, unlike the Pharisees, the Essenes denied the resurrection of the body and refused to immerse themselves in public life. With few exceptions, they shunned Temple worship and were content to live ascetic lives of manual labour in seclusion. The sabbath was reserved for day-long prayer and meditation on the Torah (first five books of the Bible). Oaths were frowned upon, but once taken they could not be rescinded.

After a year’s probation, proselytes received their Essenian emblems but could not participate in common meals for two more years. Those who qualified for membership were called upon to swear piety to ? , justice toward men, hatred of falsehood, love of truth, and faithful observance of all other tenets of the Essene sect. Thereafter new converts were allowed to take their noon and evening meals in silence with the others.

Following the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls (late 1940s and 1950s) in the vicinity of Khirbat Qumrān, most scholars have agreed that the Qumrān community was Essenian.

I know who the esences were you Jack ass . it's not only your clear reverence for then that makes you an idiot. but any who has paid attention to the tripe you post knows that you are confused.
  • zombie

coward ass.

stop begging you confused little hitch I know you are thirsty for knowledge but you have to wait
  • beenwize

coward ass.

stop begging you confused little hitch I know you are thirsty for knowledge but you have to wait

you have a lot of time on your hands to do everything, but post your prophecy from Yaldabaoth aka the false demon ? of the Old Testament.