DarkRaiden wrote: »
    jaxn wrote: »
    Can doom survive a planet blowing up?

Based on his feats...yeah. His forcefields would effortlessly survive as would his armor.
    waterproof wrote: »
    Well Bruce Banner outsmarted Doom in the Fall of The Hulks that had Doom loss his intelligence.

But I'm Riding With DOOOOM the Man who doesn't Kneel to No Man, Celestial or ? !

and I don't know nothing about no DBZ, never followed them but that Sayian lifestyle is the ? . Meditating, Training in Martial Arts, weight lifting, Chi Power I'm down with that.

but other than that Hulk would whoop both they ? , Hulk SMASH Nuff Said!

Intelligencia are the ones that outsmarted Doom to be real....that dumb ray thing was PIS, but it worked.

Also Hulk ain't beating Doom. That's been established.

what feats of Doom have him tanking a planet blowing up? I'm really interested in this one

He has feats of surviving attacks that are >>>>planet blowing up. Like Mjolnir, blasts from the IG, blasts from Celestials, Galactus, Beyonder (Pre-Retcon) and so on. Unless we assume they easy planet busters to galaxy busters were just taking it light on him.

in other words he has no feats to suggest what you're saying...gotcha

So tanking blasts from the infinity gauntlet, Galactus, and Celestials doesn't suggest he can tank a planet busting? Are you aware of how powerful they are?

I don't even know why you bother. You've shown many times that you have no clue of what you're talking about. Let's just agree to disagree because this is getting quite boring

So....you don't got an answer. That's what I thought.
    veikuri wrote: »
    [is uote="Supreme_Gentleman;7409002"]Can doom survive a planet blowing up?

Based on his feats...yeah. His forcefields would effortlessly survive as would his armor.
    Well Bruce Banner outsmarted Doom in the Fall of The Hulks that had Doom loss his intelligence.

But I'm Riding With DOOOOM the Man who doesn't Kneel to No Man, Celestial or ? !

and I don't know nothing about no DBZ, never followed them but that Sayian lifestyle is the ? . Meditating, Training in Martial Arts, weight lifting, Chi Power I'm down with that.

Intelligencia are the ones that outsmarted Doom to be real....that dumb ray thing was PIS, but it worked.

what feats of Doom have him tanking a planet blowing up? I'm really interested in this one

He has feats of surviving attacks that are >>>>planet blowing up. Like Mjolnir, blasts from the IG, blasts from Celestials, Galactus, Beyonder (Pre-Retcon) and so on. Unless we assume they easy planet busters to galaxy busters were just taking it light on him.

So tanking blasts from the infinity gauntlet, Galactus, and Celestials doesn't suggest he can tank a planet busting? Are you aware of how powerful they are?

When has Doom tanked blasts from the IG? Do you even know what the word "tank" means? Saying anyone tanked a blast from galactus is moot because big G ranges from universal to being knocked out by Thing.

3353552-3860575971-thein.jpg

But that's only thanos with the Power Gem...

The Power Gem provides the actual....power of the IG. It allows INFINITE POWER. That's the only gem that matters when being blasted.

Where does it say that was a "planet busting" blast? Just because the Power Gem can generate that much power doesn't mean Thanos was using that much power with every attack.

See the word "wrath"? That means Thanos was angry. With the power to destroy Universes. Yet you think he held back SOOOOO much, that it wasn't even planet busting?

Hell let's go deeper. Thanos has destroyed planets WITHOUT the Infinity Gauntlet just by clashing with a weaker opponent. But when he has the Power Gem....that's when he holds back his energy blasts to be WEAKER THAN HIS OWN BLASTS SANS THE GAUNTLET/GEM? The logic of that makes no sense.

Also.....not sure if you're arguing for DBZ or have argued for any comic book character, but 99% of attacks don't have a stated 'planet buster' on it. Including attacks by galaxy and universe busters.

Thanos has a finer control over the infinity gems better than other people. You either have to think this:

1) Doom can survive attacks that effortlessly can destroy solar systems.
    2) Thanos wasn't going all out.

Because Thanos was able to destroy, like I said earlier, multiple planets effortlessly with the IG, and Doom isn't tanking a serious Thanos. Thanos vs Marvel Earth was him holding back. It's pretty obvious when he deactivates all the other gems except for the power gem. it's unclear how much of the gem he is using.

Stop trying to pass on a feat of a character obviously holding back as "planet busting"
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    40 ton is paper weight considering Hulk did this in a much weaker state:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQSpD5dPYWsWT8A043AaXs8FdPJ5RSbFQbULIbEwoJ9HZFmofk

Bruce Banner cannot lift 40 tons but The Hulk can. Goku in base level couldn't lift 40 tons but in his transformed state it was light work.

Puny Marvel Heroes, I would of dropped that mountain on them, where was Thor and Hercules at? Hulk is the Strongest there Is, Nuff Said!
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭

I don't even know why you bother. You've shown many times that you have no clue of what you're talking about. Let's just agree to disagree because this is getting quite boring

When has Doom tanked blasts from the IG? Do you even know what the word "tank" means? Saying anyone tanked a blast from galactus is moot because big G ranges from universal to being knocked out by Thing.

The Power Gem provides the actual....power of the IG. It allows INFINITE POWER. That's the only gem that matters when being blasted.

Where does it say that was a "planet busting" blast? Just because the Power Gem can generate that much power doesn't mean Thanos was using that much power with every attack.

See the word "wrath"? That means Thanos was angry. With the power to destroy Universes. Yet you think he held back SOOOOO much, that it wasn't even planet busting?

Hell let's go deeper. Thanos has destroyed planets WITHOUT the Infinity Gauntlet just by clashing with a weaker opponent. But when he has the Power Gem....that's when he holds back his energy blasts to be WEAKER THAN HIS OWN BLASTS SANS THE GAUNTLET/GEM? The logic of that makes no sense.

Also.....not sure if you're arguing for DBZ or have argued for any comic book character, but 99% of attacks don't have a stated 'planet buster' on it. Including attacks by galaxy and universe busters.

Thanos has a finer control over the infinity gems better than other people. You either have to think this:

Because Thanos was able to destroy, like I said earlier, multiple planets effortlessly with the IG, and Doom isn't tanking a serious Thanos. Thanos vs Marvel Earth was him holding back. It's pretty obvious when he deactivates all the other gems except for the power gem. it's unclear how much of the gem he is using.

Stop trying to pass on a feat of a character obviously holding back as "planet busting"

Ding Ding Ding! That's what I'm saying. Doom survived a blast from an angry Thanos with the Power Gem. Even if it as a normal Thanos without the Power Gem, it'd clearly be >>>>planet busting considering his blasts one shot the likes of Surfer and Thor.
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭

Ding Ding Ding! That's what I'm saying. Doom survived a blast from an angry Thanos with the Power Gem. Even if it as a normal Thanos without the Power Gem, it'd clearly be >>>>planet busting considering his blasts one shot the likes of Surfer and Thor.

Where was Thanos angry?
  • DarkRaiden

Where was Thanos angry?

The scan said Doom felt Thanos's 'wrath'. Wrath=anger.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

It does, and I explained this already. DBZ characters are wildly overpowered.

I saw you mention comparisons like these are banned on comic sites...well comparing DBZ to Marvel and DC characters is also banned on a lot of DBZ fan pages as well.

DBZ is a closed story, which means it's over. Nobody is getting any new powers or abilities (the DBZ movies are not canon) while DC and Marvel characters gain more powers every few years.

DBZ characters are not wildly overpowered compared to comic books. If they can die, then Death, an entity in the comic book world is stronger than them. Not to mention, characters like the One Above All that resembles THE ? of all gods, who can change all reality for any and everybody. Characters like these automatically place the comic book world over any DBZ ? . DBZ doesn't begin to reach that level.

All that said they are not compared to whatever celestial characters you can pull from yor ass. They are compared to characters who do not have their abilities, there are all sorts of comic characters that have all sorts of radical powers but they aren't a topic of discussion (more on this later)

You say this like 40 tons is easy to lift and the fact he powered up is irrelevant because...well he lifted it. He also trained in 100xs Earth's gravity (which means his body weight multiplied many times over), he transformed and the Earth rumbled and almost split in two (he was in the air at the time by the way).

And in the case of Frieza he ripped a guys arm completely off using only one hand and in his weakest state.

And everything I states Frieza can do he has done and you can go watch it happen.
    40 tons is extremely easy to lift in the comic book world, and this was a simple counter to your inane description of DBZ character's physical ability. My clip was much closer towards the end of the show, so the earlier clips are at least overshadowed.

For reference, Superman's strength is labeled in the quintillion tons which is 10 to the 18th power, and Superman doesn't rank too high in the comic book world.

Again Goku lifted 40 tons easily, lifting objects isn't important as it doesn't translate to anything in DBZ fight scenes. Doesn't matter much in most comic discussion either, what can Thanos lift? Who the ? cares? He can ? whatever he wants he doesn't need to lift ? . I'm only discussing this because you insist on talking about Goku bein physically weak which is laughable because if he can survive 100xs Earth's gravity without his bones shattering hes pretty strong yeah?

Dr. Manhattan can completely deconstruct Superman with ease but we never seem to be discussing Dr. Manhattan and his powers. Fan boys love Supes and thinks hes the best ever because on paper he is all powerful. So what purpose is there to lifting a quintillion tons if you can be deconstructed easily by someone who doesn't see a purpose to lifting a quintillion tons?
    This is out of context considering Goku was in a weakened state at the time. He had expended all his energy fighting Cell in his Perfect state.

That said, early in the series Vegeta tries to destroy the Earth with his Galic Gun attack (which Vegeta could do) and Goku overpowered it with his kamehaha (using the kaioken times 4).

Mind you this is BASE Vegeta and Goku without the Super Saiyan transformations

So you ignore all the times they couldn't to point out one time they did? In the Cell Games the humans barely even saw flashes of light. In fact, one of the running gags on the show is Hercule (Mr. Satan) claiming they were magicians and illusionists who use light tricks and fake explosions.

But it's right here: Goku & Piccolo vs Raditz within the first few episodes of DBZ Raditz shows an ability to be faster than light, considering Raditz is both weak and slow relative to the development of other characters later it stands to reason that all Z fighters stronger and faster than Raditz are faster than the speed of light. Time: 4:50
    One thing you're avoiding is all of my examples were post Frieza and closer to the end of the show, while yours are at the beginning of the show.

This is irrelevant. Base level DBZ characters can fly as move faster than light with ease. You have not disproven this statement only attempting to muddy the issue with out of context videos.

And considering Frieza is in the topic it makes more sense to compare what they could do around his time than what they could do afterwards. We already know they are much more powerful than Frieza later.

So conclusively, what have we learned:

DBZ is filled with contradictions, in which they have no base to stand on, because they change ? up every episode.
    Hardly...
    But DBZ does have quite a few contradictions but no more than others. Superman's powers come from the earth's yellow sun correct? So why is it that his power exist on other planets? Nevermind, because we know Superman's powers have changed wildly over his publication history.

How is Batman able to travel to other worlds when he is merely a human being? Doesn't he need to breathe?
    If you don't want to settle for that brief statement which already destroys any argument for them, my videos are much more recent, therefore they would hold precedent over the ancient ? you posted. Based on the storyline, the people in the video you showed aren't even 1/4th as strong as the people in the scenes I showed, and yet they were "supposedly" moving faster, stronger physically etc.
    Again when the battle takes pale is irrelevant. In DBZ their powers and speeds are not decreasing they are increasing, with that knowledge if it's said that a relatively "weak" enemy can do it then a person with powers multitudes greater is moving multitudes faster and is multitudes stronger. You cannot disprove this statement.

Claiming that "well they can see them here" is a big "so what?" Who said they were moving as fast as they could move? Besides your "evidence" was of the two boys in a friendly duel, not a fight to the death.
    The comic world has entities like the One Above All, Living Tribunal and others that can erase or change the very existence of any and everything placing them far above the DBZ world.

Checkmate.

I never said they were Gods or that they were perfect just that you cannot compare them to characters who do not have comparable abilities.

• veikuri

Where was Thanos angry?

The scan said Doom felt Thanos's 'wrath'. Wrath=anger.

And? He could have erased him out of existence if he was truly wanted to. Why didn't he activate his other gauntlet powers if he was serious?
  • DarkRaiden
    Again Goku lifted 40 tons easily, lifting objects isn't important as it doesn't translate to anything in DBZ fight scenes. Doesn't matter much in most comic discussion either, what can Thanos lift? Who the ? cares? He can ? whatever he wants he doesn't need to lift ? . I'm only discussing this because you insist on talking about Goku bein physically weak which is laughable because if he can survive 100xs Earth's gravity without his bones shattering hes pretty strong yeah?

Dr. Manhattan can completely deconstruct Superman with ease but we never seem to be discussing Dr. Manhattan and his powers. Fan boys love Supes and thinks hes the best ever because on paper he is all powerful. So what purpose is there to lifting a quintillion tons if you can be deconstructed easily by someone who doesn't see a purpose to lifting a quintillion tons?

Thanos can and had destroyed a planet with pure physical ability and has physical feats above the quintillion range. Bad example.

Dr. Manhattan can't even hurt Superman. wrong again.
    This is out of context considering Goku was in a weakened state at the time. He had expended all his energy fighting Cell in his Perfect state.

That said, early in the series Vegeta tries to destroy the Earth with his Galic Gun attack (which Vegeta could do) and Goku overpowered it with his kamehaha (using the kaioken times 4).

So you ignore all the times they couldn't to point out one time they did? In the Cell Games the humans barely even saw flashes of light. In fact, one of the running gags on the show is Hercule (Mr. Satan) claiming they were magicians and illusionists who use light tricks and fake explosions.

But it's right here: Goku & Piccolo vs Raditz within the first few episodes of DBZ Raditz shows an ability to be faster than light, considering Raditz is both weak and slow relative to the development of other characters later it stands to reason that all Z fighters stronger and faster than Raditz are faster than the speed of light. Time: 4:50

Vegeta only claimed he could destroy Earth. he never got close to actually doing it. Ever. The Raditz line isn't in the manga aka canon.

Oh and seeing flashes of light isn't impressive. That just means moving faster than the human eye aka 200-500 mph. If they were moving anywhere near lightspeed, the whole fight would've been over in less than a second.

Speeds are not decreasing they are increasing, with that knowledge if it's said that a relatively "weak" enemy can do it then a person with powers multitudes greater is moving multitudes faster and is multitudes stronger. You cannot disprove this statement.

Claiming that "well they can see them here" is a big "so what?" Who said they were moving as fast as they could move? Besides your "evidence" was of the two boys in a friendly duel, not a fight to the death.

The kids tried so hard they went SSJ and impressed their fathers. That is certainly enough to suggest they were going as close to 100% as possible.

Oh and to contradict every or anyone in DBZ moving at lightspeed....the fact that they fly location to location 5 minutes at a time and not instantly (especially when said locations are like...1000m away) prove they're not close to that speed.
    And? He could have erased him out of existence if he was truly wanted to. Why didn't he activate his other gauntlet powers if he was serious?

That is neither confirmed nor relevant. you asked how I knew he was angry. It was stated on panel. Why didn't he wipe him from existence? Who knows? Doom's resisted such reality warping before. Maybe that happened. Maybe Thanos just blasted him with his infinite power and didn't feel the ened to reality warp. Maybe he was so angry he lashed out right away instead of taking time to turn the rest of the gems on. It doesn't really matter. We just see for a fact that Doom survive Thanos' wrath when he has full control over the power gem aka infinite power.

• veikuri

Thanos can and had destroyed a planet with pure physical ability and has physical feats above the quintillion range. Bad example.

Vegeta only claimed he could destroy Earth. he never got close to actually doing it. Ever. The Raditz line isn't in the manga aka canon.

Oh and seeing flashes of light isn't impressive. That just means moving faster than the human eye aka 200-500 mph. If they were moving anywhere near lightspeed, the whole fight would've been over in less than a second.

Speeds are not decreasing they are increasing, with that knowledge if it's said that a relatively "weak" enemy can do it then a person with powers multitudes greater is moving multitudes faster and is multitudes stronger. You cannot disprove this statement.

The kids tried so hard they went SSJ and impressed their fathers. That is certainly enough to suggest they were going as close to 100% as possible.

Oh and to contradict every or anyone in DBZ moving at lightspeed....the fact that they fly location to location 5 minutes at a time and not instantly (especially when said locations are like...1000m away) prove they're not close to that speed.

That is neither confirmed nor relevant. you asked how I knew he was angry. It was stated on panel. Why didn't he wipe him from existence? Who knows? Doom's resisted such reality warping before. Maybe that happened. Maybe Thanos just blasted him with his infinite power and didn't feel the ened to reality warp. Maybe he was so angry he lashed out right away instead of taking time to turn the rest of the gems on. It doesn't really matter. We just see for a fact that Doom survive Thanos' wrath when he has full control over the power gem aka infinite power.

A ton of maybe and what ifs in your post. Just accept that Thanos didn't hit him with full power we later see him casually destroying 5-8 planets in one blast in an attempt to "distract" him. That would put Doom's durability at high abstract... or Thanos didn't hit him with full power.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    common sense tells you Thanos didn't go "all out" with that blast considering he basically told the heroes, "? yall, i don't even need my full power to beat you" but hey carry on with the silliness
  • jaxn

your arguments are just ridiculous.
  • DarkRaiden

A ton of maybe and what ifs in your post. Just accept that Thanos didn't hit him with full power we later see him casually destroying 5-8 planets in one blast in an attempt to "distract" him. That would put Doom's durability at high abstract... or Thanos didn't hit him with full power.

Just accept that Thanos literally couldn't have hit him with anything less than a planet buster using common sense. Again, Thanos's base power is >>>planet buster.
    common sense tells you Thanos didn't go "all out" with that blast considering he basically told the heroes, "? yall, i don't even need my full power to beat you" but hey carry on with the silliness

Common sense tells you that the planet buster++ Thanos, with the Infinity gauntlet definitely shot a planet buster when trying to make Doom feel his anger/wrath.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not think this thread would last this long
  • jaxn

Just accept that Thanos literally couldn't have hit him with anything less than a planet buster using common sense. Again, Thanos's base power is >>>planet buster.

Common sense tells you that the planet buster++ Thanos, with the Infinity gauntlet definitely shot a planet buster when trying to make Doom feel his anger/wrath.

You truly don't know what you're talking about. At first I thought you were just playing around, but apparently you're being serious. I just want you to be clear about what you're saying. Thanos hit Doom with a blast capable of destroying a planet despite there being no evidence whatsoever of this being true. You're basically saying Doom is more durable than ? Galactus and Celestials..more durable than ? Order and Chaos, more ? durable than Eternity...man, i've never heard anything like this in my life even from diehard nutcases
  • DarkRaiden

You truly don't know what you're talking about. At first I thought you were just playing around, but apparently you're being serious. I just want you to be clear about what you're saying. Thanos hit Doom with a blast capable of destroying a planet despite there being no evidence whatsoever of this being true. You're basically saying Doom is more durable than ? Galactus and Celestials..more durable than ? Order and Chaos, more ? durable than Eternity...man, i've never heard anything like this in my life even from diehard nutcases

How does the bolded, lead to the italicized? Yes he took a planet busting blast. Thanos can and has busted planets with ease without the Power Gem or Infinity Gauntlet. To say his blasts wouldn't be planet busting with an instrument that gives him infinite power, and he's literally stated to be angry....well you'd have to be blind or delusional.

Is Doom more durable then Galactus, Celestials, etc.? No. Does he have to be to survive a planet busting blast? No. Stop making stuff up.
  • jaxn

How does the bolded, lead to the italicized? Yes he took a planet busting blast. Thanos can and has busted planets with ease without the Power Gem or Infinity Gauntlet. To say his blasts wouldn't be planet busting with an instrument that gives him infinite power, and he's literally stated to be angry....well you'd have to be blind or delusional.

Is Doom more durable then Galactus, Celestials, etc.? No. Does he have to be to survive a planet busting blast? No. Stop making stuff up.

making things up?? Where in IG did it ever say Thanos hit Doom with a blast capable of destroying a planet? First show me this, then we can continue with your nonsense. Your entire argument is based on nothing more than lies, it's truly pathetic at this point
  • DarkRaiden

making things up?? Where in IG did it ever say Thanos hit Doom with a blast capable of destroying a planet? First show me this, then we can continue with your nonsense. Your entire argument is based on nothing more than lies, it's truly pathetic at this point

So it has to be literally stated EVERY TIME something is planet busting is what you're saying? Think hard about that. Think about the Odin vs. Galactus fights, the fights between higher level beings, hell even fights in your DBZ that you somehow think is so strong.

And it's very obvious that any blast from an angry Thanos is at least planet busting. An angry Thanos with the IG doesn't even need to be questioned.
  • veikuri

So it has to be literally stated EVERY TIME something is planet busting is what you're saying? Think hard about that. Think about the Odin vs. Galactus fights, the fights between higher level beings, hell even fights in your DBZ that you somehow think is so strong.

And it's very obvious that any blast from an angry Thanos is at least planet busting. An angry Thanos with the IG doesn't even need to be questioned.

If you actually read Infinity Gauntlet you would see how stupid you sound when stating that Thanos is "angry".
  • jaxn

listen dude. YOU are the one claiming that Doom took a planet busting blast from Thanos, when nothing like that was even hinted at in that storyline. Angry Thanos??? Did you even read the story? Thanos was PLAYING with the heroes man..He literally told them, I will turn off ALL of the gems save for the power gem and let's see what you got. Thanos could've just wiped the remaining heroes out of existence with a gesture if he chose to, like he did half the folks in the universe to start the ? story off.
  • spayspay
    spayspay Members Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
  • DarkRaiden

listen dude. YOU are the one claiming that Doom took a planet busting blast from Thanos, when nothing like that was even hinted at in that storyline. Angry Thanos??? Did you even read the story? Thanos was PLAYING with the heroes man..He literally told them, I will turn off ALL of the gems save for the power gem and let's see what you got. Thanos could've just wiped the remaining heroes out of existence with a gesture if he chose to, like he did half the folks in the universe to start the ? story off.

The power gem gives infinite power so...not muvch of a gesture. And he was angry because Doom tried to steal his gauntlet. It says so in the scan. Literally states that he's angry. So again, you're wrong.
  • DarkRaiden

If you actually read Infinity Gauntlet you would see how stupid you sound when stating that Thanos is "angry".

I know the story....so does the writer at the time. He stated Thanos was angry. Not me. I just pointed it out. Take your gripes up with the scan and the writer who wrote the word "wrath" in there.
  • veikuri

I know the story....so does the writer at the time. He stated Thanos was angry. Not me. I just pointed it out. Take your gripes up with the scan and the writer who wrote the word "wrath" in there.

*sigh* You are extremely dense. Thanos did not see Doom as a huge threat. Simple as that. Doom tries to steal the IG and Thanos blasts him. Surfer tries to steal the gauntlet and Thanos powers up to full power and activates all of the gems, this is before Thanos sees the cosmic pantheon. Do you see the difference? If you didn't then I'll say it simple: Thanos is toying around with Marvel Earth.

Your whole basis is the writer using the word "wrath" as your basis as Thanos using his full power.
  • DarkRaiden
    *sigh* You are extremely dense. Thanos did not see Doom as a huge threat. Simple as that. Doom tries to steal the IG and Thanos blasts him. Surfer tries to steal the gauntlet and Thanos powers up to full power and activates all of the gems, this is before Thanos sees the cosmic pantheon. Do you see the difference? If you didn't then I'll say it simple: Thanos is toying around with Marvel Earth.

Your whole basis is the writer using the word "wrath" as your basis as Thanos using his full power.

Bruh. I NEVER said Thanos used his full power. I only said that the blast was at the very least >Planet busting. That's not even half of normal, no gem Thanos's power.
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Bottom line is you really can't compare characters from two different mediums because there's rules that are independent towards their universes.