Am i the only one that liked Kevin Nash

Options
lookdude
lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in Off The Turn Buckle
when I started watching WCW Kevin Nash was easily one of my favorite wrestlers, I was young as hell so of course I didn't know or care about technical wrestling skill but I was drawn to his character and charisma
And come on the way he delivered that jackknife power bomb was cold as ?

6160%20-%20Ernest_%22The_Cat%22_Miller%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20jackknife_powerbomb%20jeff_jarrett%20kevin_nash%20kick%20referee%20the_great_american_bash%20wcw.gif

i rarely if ever hear any positives when it comes to Kevin Nash
People usually talk about how much of a ? he was but let's talk about him as an entertainer

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    when I started watching WCW Kevin Nash was easily one of my favorite wrestlers, I was young as hell so of course I didn't know or care about technical wrestling skill but I was drawn to his character and charisma
    And come on the way he delivered that jackknife power bomb was cold as ?

This was me too
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Nash had his moments but I'll remember Kevin Nash for the quad tears, finger poke of doom (n/h), beating Bob Backlund in 8 seconds and of course the NWO......... I've always been more of a Scott Hall fan though.............
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    He tore his quad signing a new contract
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    The IWC are little guys jealous of really big guys like Nash and Batista who would probably take their ? and make them a cuckold.

Nash was a cold ass ? , with almost as much swag as the common brother in Amurica (mainly deep inside I think Nash wanted to be "black" if you heard his back stage stories, like ? black chicks to show you how "cool" he was, and adopting hip hop music for the wolfpack, and the Tupac bandana wear... but keep his white skin and hair). Roman Reigns need to give Kevin Nash hair back too.

I'm still taking a prime Scott hall over him tho.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Nah I think we just grew up and realized he actually sucked
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Nah I think we just grew up and realized he actually sucked
    in terms of what? Nash had great mic skills, size, charisma, look, he had a great finisher, he was just broken down by the time he came BACK to WCW. Imagine being 7 feet and carrying WWF for one year night and and night out then going to WCW and doing the same. By 99 he had to be Big lazy Nash cuz his knees were done, nevermind 2006. Dude was just in for the money, and let his past accomplishments carry him. I can't blame him.

He was actually decent in the ring when he was in WCW in the early 90s and had many great matches in the WWF from 94-til he left vs The Undertaker. if you wanna criticize his weaknesses give him credit for his strengths. Not to mention he basically showed Triple H how to be a backstage politician and manipulator.

HBK &HHH running DX chop, Nash& Hall running nWo chop and shared Xpac between the two groups. On the Low the Kliq might be the GOAT off camera group in wrestling history... but I'm going off a tangent now /rant.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Nash got paid cause he was a tall politician
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Nash definitely had swag and a dope finish, not taking that away from him
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    But that's about it imo
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I liked him as Diesel but I hated how the WWE booked him in '95. He was the smiling cheesing Babyface (Vince loves booking his top faces this way) but when he turned tweener (the first one in wrestling) he became interesting again.

His second WCW run cemented his legacy.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Nash is a taller Triple H, take it how you like.

As an entertainer though...I can say I enjoyed his work, particularly his heel turn in 1996 after losing the strap to Bret. It was like when Batista went all Spotlight Dave on ? in 2010 except 14 years earlier.

He is a legend though, he got great charisma and knew how to work an audience. His title runs were horrible with the exception of his string of matches with Bret and the couple title matches with Shawn. His best match ever was Undertaker at WM 12 to me though.

My favorite Nash moment was his mockery of Arn Anderson, that ? is CLASSIC and the fact he hurt feelings made it even funnier.

http://youtu.be/ZNqD-nm9wRA
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? got lazy with the jack knife. Just let people fall off his shoulders
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Nash tore his quad watchin his old matches on YouTube.
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think Nash's mic skills are legendary... i think injuries really overshadowed whether or nor he could have been a great in ring preformer.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Nash got over by talking well and having a legit look
  • count  remy
    count remy Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I was young as ? when he had his run as diesel. So, I that made him part of the scenery. He was a big guy that had a gimmick. To me he's like that old chair you bring to every apartment you move to. You appreciate it being there but you can take it or leave it and if something else would catch your eye, you'd replace it with that in a heart beat.

Pre NWO that is.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The knee collector loves Kevin Nash, that's why he keep paying him visits
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my ?

sid.jpg

crazy as ? , and the best powerbomb in the biz next to Vader. i could care less for his lack of promo, seeing this monster coming at you was enough.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, he was an overrated big man. Vader, Taker, Vicious are better guys. I'd give Nash the edge over Kane though.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Nash was only better than Kane on the Mic and hell Kane aint that bad on it
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anybody remember when he almost broke The Giant (Big Show) neck with a botched powerbomb?