Your phone of 2k15 is... iPhone 6/6+ vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4/S5

DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited September 2014 in IllTek
BOTP ...

Your phone of 2k15 is... iPhone 6/6+ vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4/S5 55 votes

iPhone 6/6+
23%
big_chris67Karl.DOPEdweebznujerz84StoneColdMikey_Menace_TheRicanKingOhPeeDNB1AggieLean.eastbay510EmM HoLLa.Imbackh@e216 13 votes
Samsng Galaxy Note 4/S5
50%
B_Anawledge_godMillzOGethostexas409damnkpbigduece69Bcotton5yung$joshuaboybdbdbdThe ProdigalsonCapitalBKoltrainKing EraunoMichael_MaliceCainLike WaterFyHunnitRiGGA 28 votes
Other (Htc m8, oppo, and etc)
25%
dontdiedontkillanyonlouis richzombiewhatevathehellqtipp73CJThe Lonious MonkOuncemangrumpy_new_yorkermosincrediblecainvelasqueztha bauseKnowReasonForPeaceBazz-B 14 votes

Comments

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HTC One M8.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samsng Galaxy Note 4/S5
    Galaxy Note
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. My upgrade isn't until December. I'm waiting to see what the next Nexus phone is looking like. From the sound of it, it might be too big though. There are rumors that it may be 5.2 or even 5.9 inches. Both of those are bigger than the 5 inch size that's optimal for me.
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rocking the G3. Hard not having an unlocked bootloader but honestly atm, don't feel like I need it. Rooted and removed bloatware and this phone does everything I throw at it and some.
  • zerocool
    Samsng Galaxy Note 4/S5
    Galaxy note edge? Is that galaxy note 4 as well? Like does it have same features?
  • The Lonious Monk
    zerocool wrote: »
    Galaxy note edge? Is that galaxy note 4 as well? Like does it have same features?

It's basically the same as the Note 4. The only different is that it doesn't have a bezel on one of the side edges. Instead the corner wraps around the side and acts as a secondary notification type screen.

20140903_054053-640x360.jpg
  • zerocool
    Samsng Galaxy Note 4/S5
    zerocool wrote: »

It's basically the same as the Note 4. The only different is that it doesn't have a bezel on one of the side edges. Instead the corner wraps around the side and acts as a secondary notification type screen.

20140903_054053-640x360.jpg

Thanks.......i will wait for note edge then.....looks good
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got an m8 and will get the m9 that suppose to release next year not liking how Apple jacked the metal design fromm htc
  • The Lonious Monk
    Got an m8 and will get the m9 that suppose to release next year not liking how Apple jacked the metal design fromm htc

Huh? iPhones have always had that metal design.
  • mosincredible
    Cain wrote: »
    Rocking the G3. Hard not having an unlocked bootloader but honestly atm, don't feel like I need it. Rooted and removed bloatware and this phone does everything I throw at it and some.

Towelroot should be able to root the G3

Yea I got towel root. Did that right after I setup my wifi. Easiest root I've ever done.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samsng Galaxy Note 4/S5
    still rocking a note 3
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye elaborate on that towel root please
  • mosincredible
    CJ wrote: »
    Aye elaborate on that towel root please

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-lg-g3/general/root-how-to-root-att-lg-g3-t2820499

Extra easy
  • CJ
    Rooted it & did a couple tweaks to improve performance
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samsng Galaxy Note 4/S5
    S5
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting sony xperia z3 i think
  • CJ
    G3
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    htc phones are so under rated the m8 ? on the iphone
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2014
    zombie wrote: »

Yeah, they are good phones. I got the DNA and I'd keep it for a while longer if they weren't stupid and tried to go the iPhone route with no SDcard slot. It's funny that people are still using it as the basis of comparison for Android phones when its damn near a year old which is a long time as far as phone tech goes.

Looks like the Nexus 6 is definitely 5.9 inches. There were rumors about a motorola phone that was 5.2 inches and people though it may be another version of the Nexus 6, but I think it's going to be that Verizon Droid Turbo that's coming out soon. It's specs are basically say as what's being reported for the Nexus 6 but it has a 5.2 inch screen.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im leaning towards getting the g3. ive heard nothing but great things about it, and most user reviews are positive.
  • CJ
    Ounceman wrote: »
    im leaning towards getting the g3. ive heard nothing but great things about it, and most user reviews are positive.

? converted me to Android phones amazing

Get the 32gb model it comes with 3gigs of ram you don't want the 2gig ram model heard it's sluggish af with that 2k screen
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014

The HTC One M8 is a quality phone and arguably the best smartphone on the market at the moment. Like you said it ? all over any IPhone, but HTC dont have the same marketing team as Apple so the M8 will continue getting ignored and the new IPhone will keep getting praise and press attention like it's the cure for cancer.
  • The Lonious Monk

The HTC One M8 is a quality phone and arguably the best smartphone on the market at the moment. Like you said it ? all over any IPhone, but HTC dont have the same marketing team as Apple so the M8 will continue getting ignored and the new IPhone will keep getting praise and press attention like it's the cure for cancer.

The M8 isn't ignored. It was considered to be the best smartphone around by a lot of people. That's kinda changed now that the iPhone 6 has come out, but even now a lot of comparisons basically say it's a toss-up between the two. That's saying a lot given that the M8 is damn near a year older.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The M8 isn't ignored. It was considered to be the best smartphone around by a lot of people. That's kinda changed now that the iPhone 6 has come out, but even now a lot of comparisons basically say it's a toss-up between the two. That's saying a lot given that the M8 is damn near a year older.

I have the M8 and its easily the best phone I've had all around.

I wish they put they split screen multitasking screen in them Samsung phones have.

The M8 doesn't have that many bells and whistles like some phones I've had in the past either which I hope they change but it performs exactly like it's supposed too.

It's smooth as butter to little to no lag.

Strongly considering retiring my M8 when that Note 4 becomes available in a couple weeks or so.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    iPhone 6/6+
    have fun with ya malware while i have my iphone 5 about to be iphone 6 in a couple days